Next Last
Lol

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 Mar 7, 2013
RIP Lawnmower man.
Your Name Here

Gallipolis, OH

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Is that the old man who lives in town? He like always pushed around a law mower and wore a suit?
Lol

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Mar 7, 2013
Yes. He passed away today. May GOD bless him.
Doimakeyouhorny

Point Pleasant, WV

#4 Mar 7, 2013
Lol wrote:
Yes. He passed away today. May GOD bless him.
God didn't give a shit when he was alive so why would he now?
Your Name Here

Gallipolis, OH

#5 Mar 7, 2013
Doimakeyouhorny wrote:
<quoted text>God didn't give a shit when he was alive so why would he now?
You're so disrespectful. Why don't you just go somewhere?
Doimakeyouhorny

Point Pleasant, WV

#6 Mar 7, 2013
Your Name Here wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so disrespectful. Why don't you just go somewhere?
Why don't you?
Bill J

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2013
He had a name, people! Marcus Cox.
hopeless

Alexandria, VA

#8 Mar 7, 2013
He's with Jesus now where there's no more pain and worry.RIP lawnmower man
Aaa

Lancaster, OH

#9 Mar 7, 2013
What happened to him?
Indeed

Clarington, OH

#10 Mar 7, 2013
Aaa wrote:
What happened to him?
Yes, what happened? He's a nice guy & works pretty hard. He may be a bit "eccentric"... I hope it's not true.
Dognapper

Hillsboro, OH

#11 Mar 8, 2013
Yes his name is Marcus Cox. I found out about it yesterday. Marcus is my Uncle. He's my moms brother. I had just seen him the day before. Marcus worked hard his whole life. I have a picture of him when he was 18. He was a good looking man. Marcus fell in love with a woman years ago and she was a lot older then him. Later on she left him for someone else and it drove him crazy. He never got over her. He went to the service and when he got out he got to drinking with some people at the park front and was falsely accused of something and he did hard time in the State Pen. It did something to him and he was never right after that. I know he worked every day and made his own money to live on. cont....
Dognapper

Hillsboro, OH

#12 Mar 8, 2013
He got a check but he never saw any of that money. His sister Shirley got his check and kept it from him. Her day is coming probably not to long from now. I seen this man treated like a dog. People used him to mow there grass and rake leaves and would pay him little to nothing for doing so. He never had an easy life even growing up with 13 siblings. His mom would make him push a cart all over town in the freezing cold and he would sell stuff and he would work just so that when he came home My grandmother would take his money. Mommy said that they would disappear for days. Leave them with little to no food. He lived with my Grandfather and was treated like a dog. I can still see that big ol chain rapped around his refrigerator. Marcus would eat when dear ol Grandaddy would let him. I will never forget as a kid seeing my Granfathers house. He had a dog tied to every table leg there was. Marcus was forced to sleep on the porch in a card board box. I know because I seen it with my own eyes. My Granfather never knew us kids by our names. He knew us as Betty;s kids. I never cared for him. I was told over the years that he was a crook. I don't know about that but it was probably true. cont...
Dognapper

Hillsboro, OH

#13 Mar 8, 2013
My Grandfather died some years ago and Marcus was handed down to different sisters. Mainly Shirley. I remember her moving him clear down on Little Bullskin up in a holler and leaving him there in a tiny camper. My mom would go looking for him and many times she found him without food. He didn't have dishes so he ate out of a can. I know he was treated like a dog because he was different. I never understood why he didn't bath but he didn't. He had a good heart and he would do anything for a dollar. Recently he lived at the lower end of town under a house at the feed store. I think they rented from Bill Jenkins. Not sure. One day I seen Bill making fun of him and telling him to go away. don't want to fool with you he said to Marcus. He didn't care to fool with him when he collected the rent every month though. Marcus worked hard till he died. He would get food out of dumpsters and anywhere he could get it. My mom and Aunt Nancy fed him when he would come to visit. Every Holliday we would take him 3 big plates of food. He wasn't forgotten. He will be missed. Theres a bunch of people in town that will be mowing their own grass from now on. The Bible states that the meek will inherate the earth but as far as Marcus goes i'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to come back to this shit hole we all call home. He was mistreated by everyone. He won't suffer any more and he won't be made fun of anymore. Here on earth he was judged every day. he always carried a Bible with him every where he went. In his mind he was right with God and so that's good enough for me. Now he will live on streets of gold and walk beside the man himself. He couldn't be any richer then he is right now. No more pain and grief, no more being made fun of. He will be with the Lord come judgement day. I know he will be missed. Dognapper
Indeed

Clarington, OH

#14 Mar 8, 2013
This is really sad. I didn't know him personally, but I will miss him. Now he's with God.
berkly glowstix

United States

#16 Mar 8, 2013
I just wanna agree with doggnapper, marcus had a heart of gold, was a good man, just chose to live his life a little differently than we did. Like she said he had a hard life and was treated awful by people around him, but he was still human just as we are, just as you are reading this, no different in Gods eyes, but he was indeed treated different because of how he was. Heaven sure got them a special one now he doesnt have to listen to everyone degrade him as a human, RIP Uncle Marcus.truely missed!
Wheezie

United States

#17 Mar 8, 2013
I'm glad I was always nice to him
Dognapper

Hillsboro, OH

#18 Mar 8, 2013
da xia wrote:
why is the disabilities/problems of sherry king any different? does she deserve it because your not related?
I am related to her dumbass. And don't you start your shit on this thread. How dare you disrespect the dead. If you want to cuss and bitch at me well you do it on another thread. Not this one. You start on here I swear to God above I will have your ass up on Harrasment charges by the end of this day. You're following me on every thread. You best stop your shit right now.This ain't no f*ucking joke. My Uncle is DEAD. Do you UNDERSTAND? My mother is heartbroken and this is not the place nor time to show your ignorance. Best not to f*ck with me today. I'm taking this computer with me to my moms and if you post one more time I will go strait to the sheriffs office. I am not joking. Marcus's family
berkly glowstix

United States

#19 Mar 8, 2013
Just as my cousin just said, "this is not the place" show some damn respect not stupidity!!! Marcus has a lot of family out here just because many of you didnt realize it, he sure does have people who loved him and never judge him, he was our uncle and thats that. So unless u have some condolances toward our family stay the hell off this tread!!!
berkly glowstix

United States

#21 Mar 8, 2013
Wheezie wrote:
I'm glad I was always nice to him
thank you, not to many people were, glad to know there are some people with a heart still out there!!
Dognapper

Hillsboro, OH

#23 Mar 8, 2013
Just leave me alone ok. I may be an idiot but it takes one to know one so there. I don't know you either and you damn sure don't scare me. I am a bully and proud of it. I'm taking the whole damn thing to them in less than an hour. So they will see every post by everybody. I'm asking you again please don't post on this thread ok. I'm not fighting with anyone I have to go see my mother. I'm asking nicely, please drop this Sherry thing for now. Marks Family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallipolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
starcher road grow 1 hr sticky fingurs 9
jessica chapman 2 hr lmao 1
chantelle robinson (Jun '13) 2 hr huh 19
nathan halley 3 hr inside source 11
Jason Johnson 4 hr gallia 2
Chantelle williams (Oct '14) 5 hr I know her 3
tosha michelle 5 hr lol 7
More from around the web

Gallipolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE