Dance Studio in Gallipolis?

Dance Studio in Gallipolis?

Posted in the Gallipolis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#1 Jan 19, 2011
I am new to the area. Are there any dance studios that cater to toddlers in town or nearby? Thx!
WPT

Point Pleasant, WV

#2 Jan 19, 2011
Will power tumbling is a great place to take kids for tumbling
Statistics

United States

#3 Jan 19, 2011
To the point dance studio contact Rachael Fraser and her sister Sara I'm not sure of her married name but it's past the super 8motel towards the highway
Jim

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 25, 2012
The studio you're referring to is To the Pointe Dance Studio. It is owned by Sarah Roush and Rachael Fraser. They're now located near McDonald's and the Shop & Go gas station (1725 Eastern Ave). Here is a link to their FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/To-The-Pointe-D...

Our daughter danced there in the past. Honestly, though, I wouldn't recommend going there for dance lessons. One of the owners - Sarah - is who we mainly dealt with. We found her to be moody, condescending, and downright rude at times. She maintained the attitude that parents are an inconvenience that will mess everything up and therefore must be treated like children. It was quite insulting.

As far as the actual dance classes went... our daughter seemed to enjoy them. If they improved their customer service a bit and remembered who pays the bills, they could still make it... in my humble opinion.

I have heard there is another studio somewhere downtown on the second floor of one of the buildings.
smile

Bowie, MD

#5 Apr 25, 2012
Jim wrote:
The studio you're referring to is To the Pointe Dance Studio. It is owned by Sarah Roush and Rachael Fraser. They're now located near McDonald's and the Shop & Go gas station (1725 Eastern Ave). Here is a link to their FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/To-The-Pointe-D...

Our daughter danced there in the past. Honestly, though, I wouldn't recommend going there for dance lessons. One of the owners - Sarah - is who we mainly dealt with. We found her to be moody, condescending, and downright rude at times. She maintained the attitude that parents are an inconvenience that will mess everything up and therefore must be treated like children. It was quite insulting.

As far as the actual dance classes went... our daughter seemed to enjoy them. If they improved their customer service a bit and remembered who pays the bills, they could still make it... in my humble opinion.

I have heard there is another studio somewhere downtown on the second floor of one of the buildings.
It sounds like if you're child enjoyed it, then maybe YOU were the issue. I personally have been in a teaching/coaching role before with children and there is nothing worse than a difficult parent who will not let someone take on their responsibilities. If it was so easy, then everybody would do it.
Wow

Portsmouth, VA

#6 Apr 26, 2012
Jim wrote:
Humble........
Humble........
Mothman

United States

#7 May 1, 2012
Great people there. I think Mrs Fellure still has hers downtown
Wendi

Point Pleasant, WV

#8 May 2, 2012
Yes, Patti Fellure's Dance Studio is still downtown. She is very good. My daughters took classes from her.
Anon

Columbus, OH

#9 May 7, 2012
Jim is right. Avoid To the Point. I can add that my older daughter did not enjoy classes there and often left with hurt feelings from being picked on by the teachers. She gave up on dance all together and won't try other places now. I did not feel like my daughter got much out of it besides spending a whole session memorizing one final dance. It is expensive. The place is falling apart inside, dirty and not taken care of. Dealing with the owner is difficult. She is disorganzied, rude and starts class late all the time. And she is expensive. Not worth it.
Jim

Columbus, OH

#10 May 8, 2012
Anon wrote:
Jim is right. Avoid To the Point. I can add that my older daughter did not enjoy classes there and often left with hurt feelings from being picked on by the teachers. She gave up on dance all together and won't try other places now. I did not feel like my daughter got much out of it besides spending a whole session memorizing one final dance. It is expensive. The place is falling apart inside, dirty and not taken care of. Dealing with the owner is difficult. She is disorganzied, rude and starts class late all the time. And she is expensive. Not worth it.
I'll second the point about starting class late all the time. Despite being told at sign-up that lateness (of students) would NOT be tolerated, she routinely started class 10-15 minutes late every week. This was frustrating.

If the owners of To The Point Dance Studio are reading this:

I hope you will truly consider these comments, and not just dismiss them as the ravings of one disgruntled customer. I found that I was not the only parent that felt this way.

I cannot ever recall a time when we were asked by any of the studio staff about our satisfaction with the service you were providing. Parents are often sitting around doing nothing for an hour or so while their children are dancing in class. This is an opportunity to engage them!

Ask them to complete anonymous surveys about the studio. Show them a giant, sealed box in the corner where all the completed surveys are being deposited in a slot. Assure them that they won't be read until they are received from every class. Tell them you want and need their honesty and that you sincerely want to know where you're doing well and where you can improve.

Sure, you're running a dance studio, but you're also running a business! If your only market advantage is that you know people in the area and there is meager competition, you're vulnerable. If someone else comes into town and provides superior service (and customer service), you will have problems.
Poop Slinger

Nashville, TN

#11 May 8, 2012
Well I think that Sara's just a bitch!
tired of drama

Washington, DC

#12 May 14, 2012
Last years dance recital was an insane. mess - dancing to a fetal heart rate- it was embarassing & caused headaches. The "professional" pictures were a joke!!!
smiles

Washington, DC

#13 May 15, 2012
I have two daughters who go to To the pointe dance studio. They used to go to another dance studio in the area but we found To The Pointe to be cheaper and the instructors to be more knowledgeable and better with children. My daughters both love To The Pointe, and would probably kill me if I took them somewhere else.
Gallipolis

Columbus, OH

#14 May 21, 2012
I am really happy with To the Pointe Dance Studio. My daughters LOVE Sarah and Rachel. Sarah comes off a little different than she actually is sometimes in front of groups of people, it is because she is used to addressing children. One on one she is sweet, great and helpful. The staff are all knowledgeable and great. They put on a WONDERFUL show. There is no better place around.
Mothman

United States

#15 May 21, 2012
Loved the last two dances they had at the college
really now

Circleville, OH

#16 May 21, 2012
i really dont think galliapolis is going to have a thing in it i use to think it wos a nice place but after here in gallia co it sucks for one they have not one thing for kids its only oolder ppl its like this town dont give a rats .... about little kids or in that case kids all i seen wos bars ....
so which is it

United States

#17 Oct 2, 2012
So has anyone actually tried to talk with them or tried to help id like to know if they are open to peoples ideas and thoughts. Are they good or bad?
yeah

United States

#18 Oct 3, 2012
Southern Ohio Gymnastics Academy is a great place for kids to go and tumble, and gymnastics. I highly reccommend thier staff
whch is it

United States

#19 Oct 3, 2012
We r not talking about gymnastics. So stop advertising for it. We r talking about dance. There is no substitute for actual dance.
jimbo

Bellevue, WA

#20 Oct 3, 2012
really now wrote:
i really dont think galliapolis is going to have a thing in it i use to think it wos a nice place but after here in gallia co it sucks for one they have not one thing for kids its only oolder ppl its like this town dont give a rats .... about little kids or in that case kids all i seen wos bars ....
Well here's proof that the school system isn't working very well. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallipolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Football Schedule 1 hr Believer 52
janessa simpkins has hep 2 hr Dummy 6
seirra satterfield (Mar '12) 2 hr No It dos not 28
Brown guy at gallipolis gomart? 4 hr hah got you bitchh 6
Tiffany Beaver (Nov '10) 6 hr Gina 17
Next Level Gaming 6 hr fighting tigers 8
peggy baird aka rupe 7 hr Crystal 29
More from around the web

Gallipolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE