Showered my family with blessings!
Simon

United States

#3 Jan 30, 2011
God is Good
uhhh

Middleport, OH

#4 Jan 30, 2011
He's so awesome that I have been unemployed for over a month and even tho I've been praying for a job I haven't gotten so much as a call back! Yea, he's that good..
arsenic and old lace

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2011
uhhh wrote:
He's so awesome that I have been unemployed for over a month and even tho I've been praying for a job I haven't gotten so much as a call back! Yea, he's that good..
well gud helps those who help themselves. you just cant pray about it, you have to put effort into it as well!
arsenic and old lace

United States

#6 Jan 30, 2011
god
uhhh

Middleport, OH

#7 Jan 30, 2011
arsenic and old lace wrote:
<quoted text>well gud helps those who help themselves. you just cant pray about it, you have to put effort into it as well!
I've put in over 50 apps and called over 20 of the employers, what else am I supposed to do?

Since: Jan 11

No description available.

#8 Jan 30, 2011
uhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I've put in over 50 apps and called over 20 of the employers, what else am I supposed to do?
Bribe them, if that doesn't work move on to plan B, blackmail.
duh

Point Pleasant, WV

#9 Jan 30, 2011
arsenic and old lace wrote:
<quoted text>
well gud helps those who help themselves. you just cant pray about it, you have to put effort into it as well!
If you help yourself, then there is no need for "gods" help. Also if you do help yourself, then there is no need to pray, for praying is useless.
duh

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Jan 30, 2011
also, ask the kids in africa that are starving, the amputees that limbs won't grow back because of prayer, and the Jews in the concentration camps, how "great" god is....
Dawkins

Newark, OH

#11 Jan 30, 2011
I believe that an orderly universe, one indifferent to human preoccupations, in which everything has an explanation even if we still have a long way to go before we find it, is a more beautiful, more wonderful place than a universe tricked out with capricious ad hoc magic.
Simon

United States

#12 Jan 30, 2011
God put us on this earth to do the best we could do.. Some just sit back and complain about what God isn't doing, people like that aren't going to enjoy our God's great plan ..
arsenic and old lace

Columbus, OH

#13 Jan 30, 2011
duh wrote:
also, ask the kids in africa that are starving, the amputees that limbs won't grow back because of prayer, and the Jews in the concentration camps, how "great" god is....
the kids starving in africa is due in part by corrupt goverments, droughts that occur yearly, changing climates, amputees which ones, each case is different. the jews well they are more religous than most , im sure there were ppl that were bitter, why wouldnt they be , but they all have faith. btw there are more starving children than those in africa, we have them right here.
lmao

United States

#14 Jan 30, 2011
uhhh wrote:
Well if the only time u turn to god is when u need somethin then ur not gonna get nething
Jake

United States

#15 Jan 30, 2011
duh wrote:
God doesn't handle what is delt to you in life he helps you deal with what is handed to you in life
My God is Awesome!

United States

#16 Jan 30, 2011
Well my God has done so much for me. My life is not perfect, but I have so much to be thankful for! He has protected my son from drugs and alcohol. He is there to listen when no one else will, and he gives me peace, strength and protection. Its not a perfect world, but He is a perfect God. I am truly blessed. Being a Christian does not mean having everything handed to you on a silver platter, but for me there is no other life to live. When Christ died on the cross everything wasn't perfect in His world, but it was the perfect plan. Accept or reject. The choice is yours. As for me and my house, we will serve The Lord. Praise His Holy name!
Jake

United States

#17 Jan 30, 2011
uhhh wrote:
God will be there when you least expect it not WHEN you expect him
Know the facts

Point Pleasant, WV

#18 Jan 30, 2011
the kids starving in africa is due in part by corrupt goverments, droughts that occur yearly, changing climates, amputees which ones, each case is different. the jews well they are more religous than most , im sure there were ppl that were bitter, why wouldnt they be , but they all have faith. btw there are more starving children than those in africa, we have them right here.

What god would allow corrupt government ?
What god would allow a child to go to bed hungry?
What god would allow a child abuse?
What god would allow 100,000,000 deaths of animals for food??

Am I supposed to pray for that good?
Hitchens

Newark, OH

#19 Jan 30, 2011
One must state it plainly. Religion comes from the period of human prehistory where nobody had the smallest idea what was going on. It comes from the bawling and fearful infancy of our species, and is a babyish attempt to meet our inescapable demand for knowledge (as well as for comfort, reassurance and other infantile needs). Today the least educated of my children knows much more about the natural order than any of the founders of religion, and one would like to think-though the connection is not a fully demonstrable one-that this is why they seem so uninterested in sending fellow humans to hell.
fred

Columbus, OH

#20 Jan 30, 2011
Know the facts wrote:
What god would allow corrupt government ?
What god would allow a child to go to bed hungry?
What god would allow a child abuse?
What god would allow 100,000,000 deaths of animals for food??
Am I supposed to pray for that good?
why do ppl get so defensive talkig about a subject that they dont understand and probably know little about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallipolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marijuna laws, an who we need to vote for 15 min wow 28
Freedom from Religion 29 min problem solver 138
3some 48 min emt 5
lori bevan 54 min d rose 5
Reida Collins (Apr '13) 3 hr blue 13
Jo Ellen and Andy Fisher 4 hr problem solver 151
Have you seen this person? Deputies seek suspec... 5 hr john q public 4
Gallipolis Dating
Find my Match

Gallipolis Jobs