Holzer Clinic
think about it

Dublin, OH

#21 Sep 26, 2010
thank you for agreeing with me. that's like the biggest problem is these women having baby after baby. what would happen if tomorrow obama said there will be no more medicaid. all those children would suffer even more than most of them already do!!! and i must say i struggle every month to pay my bills and sometimes still can't afford to pay them all. but yet you see welfare folks running around with their hair and nails done and iphones or other nice looking phones..that they don't even pay for. the working people only work so welfare can get new phones, hair-dos, and nails... as well as two carts full of food every month!!! and not to mention all the money the get for sellings percocets and vicodin and whatever else on the street. and don't get me wrong like i said before some welfare folks do work.

you can't go to wal mart or any other store and be like well i really need this item but i can't afford it and expect them to give it to you!
Anon

Chesapeake, VA

#22 Sep 26, 2010
I understand what your saying. I'm not exactly rolling in money either. But, if I feel I need something, I work an extra job. Nobody has ever given me anything and I sure as hell don't expect them to. I am a capable, able bodied person responsible for myself and family. I am a proud republican, but I do believe that President Obama is going to even out the health care issue. People think that he is going to offer free health care for everyone. If you read the bill, that's not exactly the case. But like I said before, if there is a will there is a way. lol
4Kids

Bidwell, OH

#23 Sep 26, 2010
Again people speak before knowing what is going on with Holzer Clinic. The Clinic, who is so hard up for cash spent over $1M to have one football field named after it; pays stipends for medical students and doctors to represent them at football games; spends $55,000, or so they brag, on trophies for the local fair; tons of TV, radio and newspaper ads; and they just recently bought the Holzer Hospital and assumed $2M or so of debt. I am glad that Caresource and medicare was brought up. Did you know that it is ILLEGAL to kick out a child on Caresource? And Anon, in VA, I don't know what your problem is. I have never read so much hate against children. Do you work, or have family that works for Holzer Clinic. Your lack of knowledge and wandering diatribe of facts are signs of an abused child who did not have parents who cared and who must now lash out at other children because of your childhood abuse. IF you would like I would be happy to drive to VA and give you a hug. Capitalism is all about making money legally. Even if you were correct that the parents are to blame then please explain why you feel it is so important for the children to feel pain? If your parents would have been caught dealing drugs you would have not went to prison for their sins. Why should any child be punished for the sins of an adult. Should poor people not be allowed children? Should poor criminals have their children placed in jail with them if caught in a crime. Why don't we arrange to meet. I would love to discuss this in detail.
run in

Dublin, OH

#24 Sep 26, 2010
4Kids wrote:
Again people speak before knowing what is going on with Holzer Clinic. The Clinic, who is so hard up for cash spent over $1M to have one football field named after it; pays stipends for medical students and doctors to represent them at football games; spends $55,000, or so they brag, on trophies for the local fair; tons of TV, radio and newspaper ads; and they just recently bought the Holzer Hospital and assumed $2M or so of debt. I am glad that Caresource and medicare was brought up. Did you know that it is ILLEGAL to kick out a child on Caresource? And Anon, in VA, I don't know what your problem is. I have never read so much hate against children. Do you work, or have family that works for Holzer Clinic. Your lack of knowledge and wandering diatribe of facts are signs of an abused child who did not have parents who cared and who must now lash out at other children because of your childhood abuse. IF you would like I would be happy to drive to VA and give you a hug. Capitalism is all about making money legally. Even if you were correct that the parents are to blame then please explain why you feel it is so important for the children to feel pain? If your parents would have been caught dealing drugs you would have not went to prison for their sins. Why should any child be punished for the sins of an adult. Should poor people not be allowed children? Should poor criminals have their children placed in jail with them if caught in a crime. Why don't we arrange to meet. I would love to discuss this in detail.
from what i heard the clinic was not buying the hospital. the ecomony sucks and as I said I have trouble paying my bills right now BUT they need to be paid. Some patients are really good about making payments and are making good attempts at getting there bills paid. BUT there are always a few that ruin it for everyone! a patient has the right to be seen no matter the medical coverage they have. HOWEVER, physicians and medical facilites have the right to not accept that insurance anymore. ie dr blodgett doesnt accept any type of medicaid. My point was that HOLZER CLINIC doesn't turn patients away that have medicaid. The clinic accepts all local medical cards! No child should be punished for their parents choices, mistakes, stupidity etc. but it's also not fair that innocent children go through so much these days. Children do not ask to be born and it's frustrating that people so carelessly have children.
4Kids

Bidwell, OH

#25 Sep 27, 2010
Run In: We are a tiny community and I have friends that work for, and have lost their jobs due to the buyout. The deal did go through. And sadly I know for a fact that the Clinic does turn away medicaid, Caresource and anyone else they do not want to treat. Anyone can go on line and read an old court case - Dotson v. Holzer Clinic and see that the Clinic settled due to unfair treatment of patients and their families. While the Clinic lost that case they use their high priced Columbus attorneys to find loopholes to continue unethical practices. When my child was kicked out the account balance was zero. I owed and agreed to pay in full for a review of my records, which is allowed under law. My request was denied; my offer to pay in full ignored; and my entire family was given the boot. Under Dotson v. Holzer Clinic this practice was to end. Now Holzer Clinic kicks patients out on patient/physician violations and never shows the individual what rule he or she broke. In my opinion this organization is the slime of the slime. If they want to kick an adult out for arguing or a late payment, fine. Leave the kids alone!
Anon

Chesapeake, VA

#26 Sep 27, 2010
I think that you have no idea what you are talking about. I care more for children than women that have children without any regard as to how to care for them. And, no I don't believe poor people should be aloud to have children if they can't afford them. That is abuse in itself. Selfish abuse! I would rather pay my tax money to raise these children in a proper environment when their parents are jailed for crimes. Children are their influences.
My parents and grandparents were all raised, educated, and worked in Gallipolis their entire lives. My family taught me compassion, discipline, commitment and responsibility. I have put my education to use by teaching people all over the world the skills they need to build their communities. Do you realize that most countries don't just hand out money and resources. Many people don't even have access to education. But, they embrace the opportunity to learn how to take care of THEMSELVES. We live in a country that is easy to take responsibility of oneself. The only variable in our lives is the environment we grow up in.
I still don't understand why Holzers should be held to a different standard than the Foodland or a car dealership. They have to take in enough money to continue to operate just like any other company. This means paying their staff that trained long and hard to work there. They also have to recruit staff. You complain about the quality of staff, but what qualified, driven physician, therapist, nurses, even environmental services would want to work at a facility that takes in 75% uninsured, entitled people. This is why they have to advertise. All companies have to advertise.
I also want to talk about the complaints about mistakes in care. You do realize that most things that adults end up being in the hospital for are due to their lifestyles. If we took better care of ourselves and did our preventive care, we wouldn't find ourselves on an operating table. You do realize that surgery is not life pushing some groceries across a conveyer belt? No two people are exactly alike. Physicians wouldn't pay upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars and 10 or more years in education only to provide half assed care. I do understand that it is human nature to place blame when something unexpected occurs, but come on. Let's have some perspective.
lovely

Point Pleasant, WV

#27 Sep 27, 2010
Turning away kids due to their inability to pay is more than wrong it is mean. Free loaders are wrong.
Holzer Clinic is a joke. The Holzer Difference is a advertisment (jingle or what have you) IS the absolute truth they are different they need shut down. They can only advertise the truth that they know they are different and they make up their own rules and regulations. Hide mistakes and cover up for each other in a bad way. Facts are facts
hmm

United States

#28 Sep 27, 2010
4Kids wrote:
Run In: We are a tiny community and I have friends that work for, and have lost their jobs due to the buyout. The deal did go through. And sadly I know for a fact that the Clinic does turn away medicaid, Caresource and anyone else they do not want to treat. Anyone can go on line and read an old court case - Dotson v. Holzer Clinic and see that the Clinic settled due to unfair treatment of patients and their families. While the Clinic lost that case they use their high priced Columbus attorneys to find loopholes to continue unethical practices. When my child was kicked out the account balance was zero. I owed and agreed to pay in full for a review of my records, which is allowed under law. My request was denied; my offer to pay in full ignored; and my entire family was given the boot. Under Dotson v. Holzer Clinic this practice was to end. Now Holzer Clinic kicks patients out on patient/physician violations and never shows the individual what rule he or she broke. In my opinion this organization is the slime of the slime. If they want to kick an adult out for arguing or a late payment, fine. Leave the kids alone!
I don't know in which department(s) this person(s) was denied care but there are many factors to being kicked out besides being a medicaid patient. Let's say someone has Caresource and they are scheduled to see a physician for an in office procedure or just a follow up visit or whatever. The patient that decides to schedule an appt and constantly not show up is wasting the nurses, doctors, and even receptionists time. Therefore a chronic no-shower may be terminated as by right they should. it's kinda like constantly being late on your electric bill or phone bill...if you constantly don't pay you're service is going to be terminated. You said that you were willing to pay in full yet you and your children were kicked out. Well why would they let anyone be treated in your family if you the family's provider isn't going to pay the bills? I'm sure your children can't get their own insurance or pay their own doctor bills. I love children and they shouldn't have to suffer BUT if their parents can't pay their own medical bills why would they expect you to pay for your childs?
HMM9

Point Pleasant, WV

#29 Sep 28, 2010
Care should always come first Children need to be first in line for care not the one whothinks they stands taller because of a fatter wallet. What comes aroud goes around Holzer needs closed
Anon

Chesapeake, VA

#30 Sep 28, 2010
HMM9 wrote:
Care should always come first Children need to be first in line for care not the one whothinks they stands taller because of a fatter wallet. What comes aroud goes around Holzer needs closed
So close Holzer. Those that work at Holzer have the money to move from the wonderful town of Gallipolis. They will find work. Then, the 75% that leach off the system won't have anywhere to go. How bought that!
4Kids

Bidwell, OH

#31 Sep 28, 2010
Obviously none of us can speak for what other family's may or not be going through in life. However, I say it again, if your are found guilty of a crime your entire family does not go to jail. Why is Holzer Clinic so set on destroying entire family's? Did everyone know that there is a court case pending right now where Holzer allegedly allowed an unauthozied doctor/student to do heart surgery and the patient died! Holzer then ran the real doctor off that turned them in! That is the "Holzer Difference." Lovely in Point had it right. Holzer Clinic has an Physician's Administrative Policy that covers termination of care. Has anyone ever seen this policy? No!

Anon you speak of "perspective." Name one company in Gallipolis, besides Holzer, that terminates a child's right to shop or use their place of business over a bill that is paid in full. Just one! You can't! Everytime you post you change the story to fit your rant.

Your child is sick and rushed to the ER. Papers are slapped down in front of you sign. Only wanting to be with your child you sign without reading. Holzer takes advantage of that and uses it against you. Foodland, a car dealship or any other ethical business does not. Get it?!
Black and Silver

Point Pleasant, WV

#32 Sep 28, 2010
Close Holzer that is the answer
Anon

Chesapeake, VA

#33 Sep 28, 2010
4Kids wrote:
Obviously none of us can speak for what other family's may or not be going through in life. However, I say it again, if your are found guilty of a crime your entire family does not go to jail. Why is Holzer Clinic so set on destroying entire family's? Did everyone know that there is a court case pending right now where Holzer allegedly allowed an unauthozied doctor/student to do heart surgery and the patient died! Holzer then ran the real doctor off that turned them in! That is the "Holzer Difference." Lovely in Point had it right. Holzer Clinic has an Physician's Administrative Policy that covers termination of care. Has anyone ever seen this policy? No!
Anon you speak of "perspective." Name one company in Gallipolis, besides Holzer, that terminates a child's right to shop or use their place of business over a bill that is paid in full. Just one! You can't! Everytime you post you change the story to fit your rant.
Your child is sick and rushed to the ER. Papers are slapped down in front of you sign. Only wanting to be with your child you sign without reading. Holzer takes advantage of that and uses it against you. Foodland, a car dealship or any other ethical business does not. Get it?!
You are quite wrong. I have not changed my stance on this matter in any way. If you can't pay, you don't get your groceries or a car. Your children shop at a store with the money that you provide for them. If you didn't give them the money, guess what? They would be denied to shop there. A hospital is no different. If you can't pay for your child's care, that is your fault. Remember, you gave birth to them. When you gave birth, you were making a commitment to provide medical care, food, shelter, clothing, and a proper environment. There are many forms of birth control that many of us use. That should have been done until your were capable to provide for a child. I personally think that if the parents go to jail, the children should be warded to the court for someone responsible. See, I do get it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#34 Sep 28, 2010
Medical care needs to be provided to all children. You are wrong The only person who needs to go to jail is u. you are not any better than someone who needs a little help in the money department. All high and mighty you are no better than thoes who have less. Children should never be turned away! Thats the Holzer Difference right they will turn you away not only you but your child to!
UnReAl

United States

#35 Sep 28, 2010
Anon sweetheart, are you making frieds again??

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#36 Sep 29, 2010
Anon is a know it all right? This is a person who thinks just because they see things a certain way they are right. No one else could possibly have a point or be right. I venture to say this person out in the real world will someday will loose everthing house,car,job,insurane and need some help. Hopefully they will not be able to get help and suffer. treat others how u want to be treated right! Remember that ANON
Anon

Chesapeake, VA

#37 Sep 29, 2010
I was visiting Gallipolis this summer and ended up needing to see a doctor. Those at Holzer were quick and quite curteous. I had no complaints. So, no they didn't turn me away. Might I say, I was born in Holzer and was seen at Holzer my entire childhood.
You are correct. I could find myself in need of help. Anyone of us could. I'll tell you this though, I sure as hell won't be demanding it or complaining about it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#38 Sep 29, 2010
Who is demanding help no one! we are simply telling what we have seen.
4Kids

Bidwell, OH

#39 Sep 29, 2010
From reading past post no one needs spend time answering Anon. Ignore it and it will go away. "I sure as hell won't be demanding it or complaining about it." All this dope has done is complain about people it feels is irresponsible and should not have children. It tells you in one post that it has money problems then in another it says it teaches people around the world how to be responsible. Apparently it is not very good at its job or it would not be in such financail woes. What ANON and other like it do not understand is it is the people who truly are freeloaders that do not have to worry about being kicked out of Holzer Clinic. It is the hard working folk who are not on government programs who get the boot. If you work a job and buy your own insurance you run the risk of being terminated. If you do nothing and live off the state you remain in the Clinic. Know your facts ANON because you look like a fool.
4Kids

Bidwell, OH

#40 Sep 29, 2010
Anon wrote:
I was visiting Gallipolis this summer and ended up needing to see a doctor. Those at Holzer were quick and quite curteous. I had no complaints. So, no they didn't turn me away. Might I say, I was born in Holzer and was seen at Holzer my entire childhood.
You are correct. I could find myself in need of help. Anyone of us could. I'll tell you this though, I sure as hell won't be demanding it or complaining about it.
You said you are a Republican yet you want Obamacare to clean up the freeloading mess. If you had read the bill, which obviously you did not, a person must buy health insurance or go on the goverment insurance. This means even more people living off the government (mine and yours) tax money. If you lose your insurance you must take the government run plan. Obamacare will create the largest welfare state this country has ever known. For goodness sakes read a book before making blind comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallipolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Republican 32 min Facts 29
Comment something your ex said to you 46 min Amy Arms 6
Runescape Shattered Worlds Guide 5 hr loveskylucas 1
Courtney bland 5 hr Noprenup 65
Eclipse 10 hr Scrappy Doo 7
anyone know what Eric Carter is up to these days?! (Nov '10) 10 hr Scrappy Doo 23
TJ Reed 10 hr Scrappy Doo 26
Josh Fitzpatrick WSAZ Sun hmm 47

Gallipolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gallipolis Mortgages