Next Last
taxpayer

Columbus, OH

#1 Jan 30, 2012
The government should do away with it.
cripper creek

Bellevue, WA

#2 Jan 30, 2012
And the government shud do away with you. I bet ur one of th many lames that is thousands behind in child support and cry because a struggling single parent gets an EARNED tax credit to help people that has been put in a finicial crisis because of mommas all grown up titt sucker. So du th world a favor and go strangel ur lame self!
taxpayer

Columbus, OH

#3 Jan 30, 2012
I don't owe child support. I have an education and a full time job and pay lots of taxes on my money I've worked hard to earn. You obviously must be one that gets the credit. I hate having to pay so much in taxes for people who most likely already get government handouts.
elfhair t rash

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 30, 2012
I agree with taxpayer. Please tell me how they "earn" this cripper creek.
It is a handout, plain and simple.
agree

Columbus, OH

#5 Jan 30, 2012
I agree with taxpayer. I think cripped creek is one of the welfare hounds who thinks the government owes them and one who lacks an education.
elfhair t rash

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 30, 2012
I have kids. If i would have quit my job halfway through the year, then I too would have "earned" this handout. But since i remained employed I did not "earn" it....
name

Findlay, OH

#7 Jan 30, 2012
I work everyday 40 -50 hrs a week. I pay taxes just like you. And I qualified for earned income credit. Don't tell me I don't deserve it!! It's not welfare. It's to help the people who don't make as much as some other people. Grow up!!
cpa

Ada, MI

#8 Jan 30, 2012
I agree with taxpayer........it's a handout. The government needs to find a better way. I get sick and tired of preparing tax returns for people who have little or no tax withheld and get thousands of dollars back as a refund. There are too many people in this world having kids that can't afford them and expect everyone else to help take care if them.

Since: Jan 12

"LEGITIMATELY'

#9 Jan 30, 2012
What about the single people and married people with no kids that qualify for EIC?
cpa..explain why the government came up with this plan? how was this to help the over all system? there were many reasons for this if i recall..not being a cpa i dont have the specifics..
agree

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 30, 2012
All it does is take away from the hard working people and give to the people who lack the ambition to better themselves.
gallia girl

Ada, MI

#11 Jan 30, 2012
Crystal Reed wrote:
What about the single people and married people with no kids that qualify for EIC?
cpa..explain why the government came up with this plan? how was this to help the over all system? there were many reasons for this if i recall..not being a cpa i dont have the specifics..
The plan was designed to MOTIVATE people on welfare to work. It was a part of the welfare reform act to help pull people out of poverty. I'm not a politician nor do I have solutions to our country's problems. I would rather see higher morals, better education, and more jobs in America!
gallia girl

Ada, MI

#12 Jan 30, 2012
gallia girl wrote:
<quoted text>The plan was designed to MOTIVATE people on welfare to work. It was a part of the welfare reform act to help pull people out of poverty. I'm not a politician nor do I have solutions to our country's problems. I would rather see higher morals, better education, and more jobs in America!
Gallia girl/CPA = same person sorry
really

United States

#13 Jan 30, 2012
I was told last year that they were not doing the eic this year. What is the income limit to receive it?
goodjob

Gallipolis, OH

#14 Jan 30, 2012
cripper creek is a drug dealer that doesnt pay taxes and lives on social secruity

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#15 Jan 30, 2012
cpa wrote:
I agree with taxpayer........it's a handout. The government needs to find a better way. I get sick and tired of preparing tax returns for people who have little or no tax withheld and get thousands of dollars back as a refund. There are too many people in this world having kids that can't afford them and expect everyone else to help take care if them.
Yet they still pay you to prepare their returns, how sad. I think since you feel this way and you prepare other people's returns then you should be honest with them and say you refuse to fill out their taxes. Be honest now, you are not a tax preparer. This is the craziest thing to complain about I have seen in a while, it is called "earned income credit", they do work to qualify.

Since: Jan 12

"LEGITIMATELY'

#16 Jan 30, 2012
gallia girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Gallia girl/CPA = same person sorry
Appology not necessary..I'm just trying to open discussion and get facts..people have legit complaints..but they also need to know it's just not welfare people..single people get EIC..not thousands but some..married people get it w/no children..
I agree, EIC is not fair..in several areas but thats the system.. I often refer to it as Educated Idiots..
gallia girl

Ada, MI

#17 Jan 30, 2012
really wrote:
I was told last year that they were not doing the eic this year. What is the income limit to receive it?
$36000. But u get the most if your taxable income is somewhere between $8k and $16k.
gallia girl

Ada, MI

#18 Jan 30, 2012
gallia girl wrote:
<quoted text>$36000. But u get the most if your taxable income is somewhere between $8k and $16k.
It is higher if you are married filing jointly and it depends on the number of children. I think the top with 3 kids is somewhere around $45k. It's based on your adjusted gross income... Sorry I'm tired it's been a long day. Goodnight all! Hope the government finds a better solution for all!
Earnin

Pickerington, OH

#19 Jan 30, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
The government should do away with it.
Tell ya what,.why don't you go cry that crap to congress,.that's where it is going to make a difference,.Not on gallipolis topix ,.damn people don't know if they are coming or going these days,.take a big dose of the "Get up and do something about it",.or a good old cup of shut the F up,.has been known to work,.put simple,.WE F'ING KNOW!
really

United States

#20 Jan 30, 2012
I think that 45,000 is quite a lot of money and many of the people in Gallia don't make that. If you are single with 2 kids and a teacher you could get that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gallipolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
grooming 16 min Feel sry for you 14
who is the guy in a 90's model white jeep on du... 29 min curiositykilledth... 25
pawn shop in gallia 50 min Citizen 1
Stephanie Perry Logan!! 1 hr Gallian 2
jackdon estates 2 hr Yes 20
Brown guy at gallipolis gomart? 2 hr hah got you bitchh 4
topix people 3 hr Dognapper 28
More from around the web

Gallipolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Gallipolis Mortgages