Sale of Sumner Regional Could Cause Burden to Taxpayers - NewsChann...

Full story: NewsChannel5.com Nashville

LifePoint Hospitals has stepped in to buy the financially troubled Sumner Regional Medical Center in Gallatin as part of a $155 million deal.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Suzanne

Ashland City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Wow. Mr. Holt sure does make it sound like the taxpayers are getting screwed. He failed to mention that SRHS paid the county $10 million for the land when the lease was terminated. So they want to be paid for the land TWICE. As far as the inmate care, Mr Holt also failed to mention since Lifepoint is a for-profit healthcare orginaization that new tax money to the county is estimated at $1 million dollars. I am so sick of greedy politicians. Let Life point buy the hospital so the hospital can move forward!
smiley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

The burden will be if the sale is not allowed to move forward. The county will get more tax dollars if Lifepoint buys the hospital. The county certainly will not be able to keep the hospital open and giving the quality of healthcare that is offered now. WAKE UP! The county executive's "concerns" are just ridiculous and make no sense at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gallatin Discussions

Search the Gallatin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 min Timbuk2 124,045
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 19 hr sally 58,245
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 19 hr sally 8,462
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Fri bob 8,504
Supreme Motors (Feb '12) Thu Alexis 15
attorney to fight dcs (Sep '11) Thu karma 5
Mysterious beast sighting Thu Anonymous 117
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gallatin Jobs

•••
•••
•••