The City Schools
Mom

Marion, OH

#1 Sep 21, 2009
Does anyone else think the schools need to know too much information? My child was late to school and I sent a note saying please excuse my child for being late on such date. That was not good enough, they want to know why my child was late. I simply told them as long as I know she was late and you (the school) knows that we the parents know, that should be good enough. They are talking about giving her a detention if I don't send in WHY. I can understand if there is a doctor's appt and such, but just for being late????
Mom

Marion, OH

#2 Sep 21, 2009
IT is not Crestline Schools, but Galion
polargorilla

Athens, OH

#3 Sep 21, 2009
I think the school is wrong in that it is not the school business why a child is late if the parents know.
Galion Bus Mom

Loveland, OH

#4 Sep 21, 2009
polargorilla wrote:
I think the school is wrong in that it is not the school business why a child is late if the parents know.
I work for the Galion city Schools and they are just making sure that your child is telling the truth and u know that he or she is letting u aware of it... And if You really have that big of a problem with it than park your car out of the way of the buses get your lazy bumm out of the car and take her in and tell them the truth even if you or your child was too dang lazy to get up in time to make it by the time the bell rang...
Mom

Marion, OH

#5 Sep 22, 2009
You know Galion Bus Mom, it is not the point of whether anyone is lazy or not!! It is the point of YES I knew she was late, there was no issue of if she was telling the truth. The point is AS LONG AS I KNOW AND THE SCHOOL KNOWS, THE REST OF IT IS MY BUSINESS NOT THEIRS!!

And polargorilla thank you for understanding what I meant.
Momof3

Zanesville, OH

#6 Feb 5, 2010
Parents need to step up and put the school board and the school members back in their place.
They mislead us to believe that we,the parents,have no rights as far as our children go.As if we don't know whats best for our own children.Schools have step way over their boundries.
I totally agree with Mom.And Galion Bus Mom ROFL!
I've dealt way to much of your bus ppl who are incompetent to even show up on time.Especially during winter,while schools are 2 hrs delayed the bus still shows up 1-2 hrs after the delayed time while my children stand out their blue and purple from the cold. I was even scolded by the bus driver for setting at the bus stop in the car with my kids,to keep them warm til the bus showed up.She said that if the kids were not already standing out there by the time she cut around the corner that she would leave em.Wow! Seriously!
Mom

Marion, OH

#7 Feb 5, 2010
Thank you momof3 for understanding.
mom moving to area

Dayton, OH

#8 Mar 24, 2012
what are the best high schools in the area??? My husband is getting transfered to Marion and i need to know what the better schools around there are...ive been told Pleasant, Galion, Cardington-Lincoln and Col Crawford....any insight would be wonderful!
David Grogan

Marion, OH

#9 Mar 24, 2012
Ya i have 2 kids myself i understand..!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mandy Mcghee Jul 19 PAMST 7
Bill Wapner of Wapner Funeral Home Jul 18 college parent 1
God and married men!!!! Jul 18 God 2
News Families who empathize with Pughs want more don... (Jun '06) Jul 16 Dollar Bill 4
David Swanigan Jun '16 Hmmm 1
News Chili And Wing Cook Off Set For Saturday On Mir... May '16 Annalisa 3
Jay Knipp May '16 Annalisa 3

Galion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Galion Mortgages