Galion Man Shot, Killed by Police

Galion Man Shot, Killed by Police

There are 44 comments on the MansfieldNewsJournal.com story from Sep 8, 2007, titled Galion Man Shot, Killed by Police. In it, MansfieldNewsJournal.com reports that:

“The Crawford County Sheriff's Office and the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification are investigating the incident. We are not releasing the name of the officer at this time”

A 27-year-old Galion man was shot to death by a Galion Police Department officer this morning. via MansfieldNewsJournal.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MansfieldNewsJournal.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Never give up

Chicago, IL

#48 Feb 1, 2011
Kelly,

Never give up that fight. Police officers around the country need to understand they are not above the law.

Never ever give up proving what you feel is right.
kelly wrote:
how dare people jump to conclusions and make false statements!adam was shot in the back with his hands in the air!his gun was not loaded and he had put the gun on the ground like the officers told him to.adam was one of my best friends.galion police officers are and have always been very corrupt,abusive,unprofessional ,and over agressive.yet nothing has been done to stop this abuse of power!that murderer needs to burn in hell along with his supporters.why are people so quick to take the side of the police?havent we learned from rodney king?ruby ridge?i will not rest untill justice is served!lets all stand up for the innocent man killed by an evil trigger happy galion police officer.maybe we can prevent this from happening again
Never give up

Chicago, IL

#49 Feb 1, 2011
Every cop is right?
JEL1717 wrote:
I personally know the officer involved in this shooting. I am a former cop and I have worked with him. He is simply one of the best cops I've ever known. Some people think they know every thing about everything, but they know very little. I've read comments that the officer is evil, uncaring, didn't follow procedure, did not do his job correctly, blah, blah, etc... This man is what you would call a by the book officer. If he felt that he needed to shot the suspect, then you can be damn sure that the suspect needed to be shot. He (the suspect) may have been a decent guy, and ex military, and etc... The point is that he sealed his own fate when he made the decision to get boozed up, and brandish a firearm. Some people are saying that the gun wasn't loaded, but how can the officers know that?. People are saying that the suspect put the weapon down and was shot anyway. I find that impossible to believe. I've rambled on long enough. The point is that the officer involved is of the finest character, and you can believe that he acted correctly. If you want to live, don't point a deadly weapon at a cop. Very simple.
Are you kidding me

Westerville, OH

#50 Mar 15, 2014
Galion is a horrible town to live in. I lived in Galion for several years, but the only run in I had was when I was towed unfairly. Galion isn't a horrible town to live in because of the cops. It is a horrible town to live in because of the drugs and drunks. Galion police see real crimes all the time. I know because I had the displeasure of grand jury duty for six months. It gave me a real eye opener as to what has been going on Crawford County.

We should pray for this guy's family. We should also pray for the cops and their families. I hardly think the cop just decided to kill someone.
Surprise

Chillicothe, OH

#51 Mar 20, 2014
The Galion Mayor, council and police department has hit the news and newspaper in Columbus many times over the years for their corrupt ways. I lived in Galion for close to 10 years and saw the favortism shown by the PD, it was all who you were. My husband, now divorced, was a business man that could get away with being drunk, smashing into a parked car, hitting me and all with no charges what so ever because he was a business man and Lions club member and drinking buddy of those who run the town. Nasty little town, glad I made it out of there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know? Apr 28 Goldielox 2
God and married men!!!! Apr 26 Nosey Rosey 1
mansfield news journal (Aug '06) Apr 24 Free-wheelin 61
News Families who empathize with Pughs want more don... (Jun '06) Apr 22 greg 3
doug koolaide mitchell Apr 17 rM2 7
hpv Apr 10 Concerned citizen 1
Warning Apr 10 Concerned citizen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Galion Mortgages