Galesburg soldier headed home after agreeing to discharge

Full story: WQAD 59
News 8 has learned a Galesburg soldier is on his way home after a long ordeal involving charges of misconduct. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
babiedoll454

Sterling, IL

#1 Mar 3, 2010
That is total crap hopefully when this brave soldier returns home his homecoming will be wonderful one. They didn't mind extending his stay in afghanistan to be shot at and god only knows what else but let him get photos from home to help with being away from his family and that is a no no. Maybe he did act out in an unprofessional way to a certain point but look at it this way rest your eyes at night and lay there and wonder if you will ever see your family again how will you be going home in a plastic bag or with respect as deserved My heart goes out to him and his family. I have a nephew who is scheduled to make his tour of afghanistan shortly, heaven forbid that he should be treated like less than white trash. WELCOME HOME SOLDIER !!!!!
mary

Wichita, KS

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Your nephew will be fine as long as he does not have porn on his computer. Im sorry I think Billy should have gotten a Dishonorable discharge and have to register as a sex offender. People like this in the army are a disgrace and should have been left in Afghanistan for as long as they could make him be there. He puts a bad name to the US and to the soldiers who follow the rules
meee

Iowa City, IA

#3 Mar 3, 2010
wow mary u dont know for sure wat the h*ll went on.nobody ever will.maybe we should send u to that place afghanistan just for sayin the horrible stuff.ppl can be so ignorant sometimes
ROD MILLER

Galesburg, IL

#4 Mar 3, 2010
he WM was discharge,in the ARMYS BEST INTERST !!anGd the soldiers ,"god knows the ARMY dont make missteaks
Tom

Kirkwood, IL

#5 Mar 3, 2010
If this man did in fact have child porn on his computer, he is, in all likelihood, a sexual predator, and as a member of our armed forces, a potentially global sexual predator.

If he has done nothing wrong, as is suggested, then I wonder why he is accepting a dishonorable discharge rather than demanding to have his day in Court at a Court Martial proceeding.

I don't believe for an instant that he accepted a dishonorable discharge over some innocent family photos. Combat may be stressful but deployment to Afghanistan is no excuse for sexual predator activities.
ROD MILLER

Galesburg, IL

#6 Mar 3, 2010
Tom wrote:
If this man did in fact have child porn on his computer, he is, in all likelihood, a sexual predator, and as a member of our armed forces, a potentially global sexual predator.
If he has done nothing wrong, as is suggested, then I wonder why he is accepting a dishonorable discharge rather than demanding to have his day in Court at a Court Martial proceeding.
I don't believe for an instant that he accepted a dishonorable discharge over some innocent family photos. Combat may be stressful but deployment to Afghanistan is no excuse for sexual predator activities.
Well he wm did not sign for a DISHONROABLE, the ARMY discharge is other than honrable in fack it is called a GENARL UNDER HONORABLE
IF U R GOING TO MAKE A COMMENT KNOW THE FACKS
ROD MILLER

Galesburg, IL

#7 Mar 3, 2010
mary wrote:
Your nephew will be fine as long as he does not have porn on his computer. Im sorry I think Billy should have gotten a Dishonorable discharge and have to register as a sex offender. People like this in the army are a disgrace and should have been left in Afghanistan for as long as they could make him be there. He puts a bad name to the US and to the soldiers who follow the rules
MARY GO BACK TO UR HOLE IN THE GROND
Captain Obvious

Iowa City, IA

#8 Mar 3, 2010
less than honorable discharge... All I know is he is a disgrace and took the cowrdly way out. If the charges werent true he would have fought them
Captain Obvious

Iowa City, IA

#9 Mar 3, 2010
Someone with a 2nd grade intelegence tell me what little Rod is saying becaue he fails at the english language. GOD Rod, you are a disgrace too!
Fellow Soldier

Galesburg, IL

#10 Mar 5, 2010
To all of you ignorant people out there. SPC Miller served his country when called upon. Until you can prove that you have served your country like SPC Miller did, then you just need to sip on a nice hot cup of shut the F@*k up. You should know all of the facts first before you make comments. Rod Miller i aplaud you, having two sons that have proudly served their country. There are more soldiers that do wrong than people would think. It is just the fact that some of them fall through the cracks. People need to realize that soldiers are also human. They eat sleep and breath with more stress than most civilians can handle. I can understand why that SPC Miller took the less than honorable discharge. Look how long it took the military to even notify him that charges will be pending. His plea was a way to speed up the process and get himself home to his family.
babiedoll454

Sterling, IL

#11 Mar 6, 2010
To Fellow Soldier:
My hat goes off to each and every one of you BRAVE MEN and WOMEN and you all have my heart. I THANK YOU!!!!! Each and every soldier is a hero until they try to act normal for a day or two. No one has proven that he had child porn on his computer. He was suspected of having porn!!! That is all. He is definitely a man and he was doing what men do best if at all. To all of the heartless people that feel as though he was judged fairly then answer this one for me would you rather that he looked at a few nudies on a computer or would you rather he was out there RAPING and KILLING some of the other fellow soldiers. Maybe you would rather that he turned out like the psysho therapist that was suppose to be there helping the soldiers with there needs and decided to go on a
killing spree. TURN YOUR IGNORANT BRAINS ON!!!! Shame on all of you for your intollerance of our brave men and women wanting to be normal for one day or two. God only knows that there aren't that many opportunities to do that in a place like afghanistan. By the way maybe you should have a whole pot of shut the #*%&$ up!!!! I am not ashamed of the soldier that is keeping you and I
free I am ashamed of you. I am sure that each and everyone of you that were so gracious to leave a negative remark leads a really pure life with no blemishes. I commend you but you know where they send people like you when your number is called to leave this screwed up world it is called HELL!!!! Maybe you can carpool with all the other ignorant,thoughtless people that I am sure will leave some more thoughtless comments. SHOW ME THE PROOF OF THE CHILD PORN!!!!! That is if you can
babiedoll454

Sterling, IL

#12 Mar 6, 2010
Captain Obvious wrote:
Someone with a 2nd grade intelegence tell me what little Rod is saying becaue he fails at the english
language. GOD Rod, you are a disgrace too!
EXCUSE ME captain obvious but I think the correct spelling for intelegence is this INTELLIGENCE So who did you say had the 2nd grade intelligence??? Don't believe that it is little Rod as you called him. Don't criticize unless you are perfect and as you have proved it you aren't Now who has disgraced themself??????
babiedoll454

Sterling, IL

#13 Mar 6, 2010
mary wrote:
Your nephew will be fine as long as he does not have porn on his computer. Im sorry I think Billy should have gotten a Dishonorable discharge and have to register as a sex offender. People like this in the army are a disgrace and should have been left in Afghanistan for as long as they could make him be there. He puts a bad name to the US and to the soldiers who follow the rules
Please publish all of the facts that you hold so dearly. Would you mind telling me what your profession is. Did you run for an election for a judge or something? I find it so disturbing that someone would make comments about another person and pass on sentence before they really have a clue about what is really going on if anything. By the way do you have any children in the military, or that might be in the military or maybe a friend or even another relative that might be serving his or her country so that you can have the freedom of speech to downgrade people like you do? What gives you the right to pass judgement on anyone. I sure would like to be in your closet with all your skeletons to see what you are really all about. Pure??? I would say not. Do you sleep well at night? Yes you say, well that is too bad. But then most people that only have their own wellbeing in mind usually do. A pretty sad shape that this country is in I would say. And it all stems from people that have very shallow minds and speak before they give lots and lots of thought to what they are about to say as you have done. I do hope that if you have someone in the military that they would be shown respect by others and I DID NOT
say disrespect as you have done to our galesburg soldier. JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!!!!!!

Instant Karma>>> what goes around comes around
meet the creeper

Monmouth, IL

#14 Mar 6, 2010
If he is innocent,then this is a terrible thing that happened to him.But if he has child porn or is sexually into children then he should not have been givin a discharge and turned loose on the public to prey on innocent children,he should have been tried and sent to prison.But we do not know all the facts.
Dawn

Galesburg, IL

#15 Mar 6, 2010
babiedoll454 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please publish all of the facts that you hold so dearly. Would you mind telling me what your profession is. Did you run for an election for a judge or something? I find it so disturbing that someone would make comments about another person and pass on sentence before they really have a clue about what is really going on if anything. By the way do you have any children in the military, or that might be in the military or maybe a friend or even another relative that might be serving his or her country so that you can have the freedom of speech to downgrade people like you do? What gives you the right to pass judgement on anyone. I sure would like to be in your closet with all your skeletons to see what you are really all about. Pure??? I would say not. Do you sleep well at night? Yes you say, well that is too bad. But then most people that only have their own wellbeing in mind usually do. A pretty sad shape that this country is in I would say. And it all stems from people that have very shallow minds and speak before they give lots and lots of thought to what they are about to say as you have done. I do hope that if you have someone in the military that they would be shown respect by others and I DID NOT
say disrespect as you have done to our galesburg soldier. JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!!!!!!!
Instant Karma>>> what goes around comes around
..........TALK ABOUT PPL JUDGING OTHERS WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE THESE PPL WHO LEFT THE COMMENTS THEY FELT THAT THEY NEEDED TO SAY AND IF HE DID HAVE CHILD PORN ON HIS COMPUTER IT DONT MATTER IF HE WAS FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOMS HE DOSENT DESERVE ANY RESPECT HE DESRVES PRISON I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT TO ALL SERVICE MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT CRIMINALS
Dawn

Galesburg, IL

#16 Mar 6, 2010
WE HAVE ENOUGH BABIES GETTING RAPED AND BEING KILLED IF HE IS A FUTURE BABY RAPER LOCK HIS BUTT UP NOW AND THROW AWAY THE KEY BEING A SERVICE MEMBER DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BREAK THE LAW AND IF HE DIDNT HAVE ANY KIDDIE PORN THEN HE SHOULD HAVE FOUGHT THE CHARGES SOMEONE WHO WAS INNOCENT WOULD HAVE
jen

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Mar 6, 2010
I think that it is wonderful he is back home. Everyone on here passes judgement without knowing all the facts. Who cares if his dad can't spell? All that matters is that he is a parent who cares about his son and is defending him as any parent would
Courtney

Watertown, NY

#18 Mar 6, 2010
So, I thought the news reporter said that they planned on being there when he returned home.. What happened with that? He did say that Billy was suppose to be home within 48 hours, did he not? Also, I hope that Billy shares his side of the story. I would love to hear what he has to say.
babiedoll454

Sterling, IL

#20 Mar 8, 2010
Dawn wrote:
<quoted text>..........TALK ABOUT PPL JUDGING OTHERS WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE THESE PPL WHO LEFT THE COMMENTS THEY FELT THAT THEY NEEDED TO SAY AND IF HE DID HAVE CHILD PORN ON HIS COMPUTER IT DONT MATTER IF HE WAS FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOMS HE DOSENT DESERVE ANY RESPECT HE DESRVES PRISON I HAVE THE UPMOST RESPECT TO ALL SERVICE MEMBERS THAT ARE NOT CRIMINALS
For your information I am not judging anyone only stating that you or I or anyone else are lacking all of the facts. I have not said that he needs to be in prison, I have not said that he needed to be left in afghanistan, I have not put his parents down for their lack of good spelling or english. I said get ALL of the FACTS before you judge anyone. You must not have any clue as to what the situation is in afghanistan. MAYBE this is his way of finding a way home early, maybe this is the only way to save what normalicy of the right way to think that he has left. Do you know what these soldiers have to go through when they are sent home from Iraq and Afghanistan. There is a debriefing process that they have to go through so that they can live a HALF way NORMAL life when they are discharged from the military. I know because my nephew went through it after his tour of Iraq. That is right he did his tour in Iraq and is soon leaving for Afghanistan. Isn't that a wonderful thought. Not that Iraq was not enough but now Afghanistan is his next call of duty. Well hats off to the wonderful President that we had before President Barack Obama. Thousands of our children have lost their lives senselessly for what? Just so that they can go and try to give those people a normal life. The BAD thing about that is that they don't even want us there but our children are being forced to be there because of their civil duty to the military and YOU and I so that we are not wiped off the face of the earth with bombs ect. ect. You just don't know what these young men and women go through. And now you want to open your big mouth and past judgement on 1 soldier without having all of the facts about the situation. If you are still young enough which seems that you might be by the way that you are talking senselessly without much given thought to what you say you could join the military and be a brave soldier, I am sure that you would be the best, I am sure that you would be the perfect soldier never breaking any rules, because you would always be thinking clearly and NORMAL!!!! WAKE UP!!!! And by the way if in fact he chose to take the discharge instead of fighting the charge that does not make him guilty or a COWARD it just means that he has enough sense about him still left to know that you can't win with the military. Been proven over and over again just not made for public opinion. I hope that you continue to live a life of normalicy and pure, because lots and lots of our military men and women don't get to have that chance after being in the military. JOIN NOW!!!!!!!!
Captain Obvious

Bettendorf, IA

#21 Mar 8, 2010
For your information, you are a moron and Billy Miller does not deserve to set foot on American soil. He is a disgrace to the country, the military, and to the human race... Like father like son.

You babiedoll454, need to be shipped out to a remote place with him if you for a minute think he is more then a simple piece of trash that couldn't cut it as a soldier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Galesburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Bruce and Larry 49,885
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 18 hr LieutenantGov 4,033
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 19 hr fosterbrooks 156
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 19 hr Blwlgo 1,930
Is Abingdon Historical Museum Really A Sex Dung... (Jul '13) Sep 7 MissymcC 5
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Aug '14 nono 6,593
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Chicagobunny 528
•••
•••

Galesburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Galesburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Galesburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Galesburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••