Lea Edgecomb, 17, of Germantown, became paralyzed after overdosing on ...

Jan 19, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gazette.Net

Lea Edgecomb, 17, of Germantown, became paralyzed after overdosing on heroin in 2009, the only time she tried the drug.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Oct 14, 2012

“A + attitude is powerful”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

I am sickened by what happened to this BRILLIANT young lady. It's high time the communities step in and root out the source of this poison.

The people that peddle this crap need to be chased out of town.

As parents we need to be ever vigilant for our children. Learn the signs and symptoms of drug usage, and for God's sake please TALK TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT DRUG ABUSE.

A great source of information regarding kids and drugs: http://www.theantidrug.com/

“Nothing really changes”

Since: Oct 10

yawn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

BmorePstve wrote:
I am sickened by what happened to this BRILLIANT young lady. It's high time the communities step in and root out the source of this poison.
The people that peddle this crap need to be chased out of town.
As parents we need to be ever vigilant for our children. Learn the signs and symptoms of drug usage, and for God's sake please TALK TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT DRUG ABUSE.
A great source of information regarding kids and drugs: http://www.theantidrug.com/ I guarantee it!
If she was "BRILLIANT", she wouldn't have overdosed.

“A + attitude is powerful”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Incocknito wrote:
<quoted text>If she was "BRILLIANT", she wouldn't have overdosed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =76OcRVfkJ0QXX
Please don't cheapen this thread by spreading hate here. I is not constructive. Please.

“Nothing really changes”

yawn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

BmorePstve wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't cheapen this thread by spreading hate here. I is not constructive. Please. I guarantee it!
She knew she was doing heroin. How "BRILLIANT" is that?
Lindy

Montgomery Village, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

I have to agree but not in a mean way I mean the article said she was already high and then decided to try Heroin. There are plenty of Brilliant young people who don't use drugs maybe we should spotlight them. Sorry I am not trying to be harsh but you could have chosen different words to describe her. Now her life is messed up all for that one decision. Very Very Sad. I wish her well with her recovery. My son graduated SV in 2001 and it was a good school back then. Now? No!
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

BmorePstve wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't cheapen this thread by spreading hate here. I is not constructive. Please.
Nut up or shut up. When you do dope you know it's not going to be good for you. 17 is old enough

I'm 82 days clean I know from experience

“Nothing really changes”

yawn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Nut up or shut up. When you do dope you know it's not going to be good for you. 17 is old enough
I'm 82 days clean I know from experience
LOL!
Leesa

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2011

The girl in this article is my daughter. My family is forever changed because of Lea's poor decision. I never in a million years would have dreamed she would have been exposed to heroin let alone USE IT. Expierment with marijuana, maybe. I always talked to her about drugs, in fact, I drove her crazy about it. It didn't stop her. She is completely over come with guilt for what she has done to her sisters and me. She knows she can never take back that split second decision that changed all of our lives forever, but she can try to turn this tragedy into a positive experience by talking to other kids her age. Teenagers (especially teenage girls) think that everything in their life is so dramatic. Fight with boyfriends, fights with parents...It's all extreme emotion for them. If you are sitting there thinking "not my kid" or "never my kid" are you sure? Do you really know what your teenagers are doing when they aren't with you? I thought I knew...boy was I ever wrong! Before you start being judgemental and accusational...stop and think and thank GOD every day that your life is so perfect.
Mike

Springfield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Leesa would you be a proponent of mandatory drug testing of students by schools? Did you ever think of drug testing?

“Nothing really changes”

yawn

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

Mike wrote:
Leesa would you be a proponent of mandatory drug testing of students by schools? Did you ever think of drug testing?
What good would "mandatory drug testing" at schools do?

Since: Nov 11

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

wat a puss

Since: Nov 11

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2012

Leesa wrote:
The girl in this article is my daughter. My family is forever changed because of Lea's poor decision. I never in a million years would have dreamed she would have been exposed to heroin let alone USE IT. Expierment with marijuana, maybe. I always talked to her about drugs, in fact, I drove her crazy about it. It didn't stop her. She is completely over come with guilt for what she has done to her sisters and me. She knows she can never take back that split second decision that changed all of our lives forever, but she can try to turn this tragedy into a positive experience by talking to other kids her age. Teenagers (especially teenage girls) think that everything in their life is so dramatic. Fight with boyfriends, fights with parents...It's all extreme emotion for them. If you are sitting there thinking "not my kid" or "never my kid" are you sure? Do you really know what your teenagers are doing when they aren't with you? I thought I knew...boy was I ever wrong! Before you start being judgemental and accusational...stop and think and thank GOD every day that your life is so perfect.
ive done heroin every day all day for about 4 years and just about every other drug. how did she take it? did she do snort it/shoot it/sublingual or subrectal? did she skin pop it? your daughters lying to u she did something else than just that. if not then theres a serious underlying problem a real dr should check out but ur an ignorant worthless mom to give up on ur daughter now and blame this disease that has surfaced on heroin. sorry to be blunt but ur straight up wrong. now excuse me but i have to go to bed so i think ill shoot an 80 bag up. reply back tomoro cause not only will i be alive but not paralyzed either. u need a real reality check ma'am
SBbrian

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

DjOVERDOSE wrote:
<quoted text> ive done heroin every day all day for about 4 years and just about every other drug. how did she take it? did she do snort it/shoot it/sublingual or subrectal? did she skin pop it? your daughters lying to u she did something else than just that. if not then theres a serious underlying problem a real dr should check out but ur an ignorant worthless mom to give up on ur daughter now and blame this disease that has surfaced on heroin. sorry to be blunt but ur straight up wrong. now excuse me but i have to go to bed so i think ill shoot an 80 bag up. reply back tomoro cause not only will i be alive but not paralyzed either. u need a real reality check ma'am
DjOVERDOSE, sir, you are the most idiotic, moronic human i have ever come across, your comment came from April 2012 which means your probably dead by now, and I'm laughing my head off to that idea you worthless dreg of society, poor lea :-(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gaithersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
General Dynamics considers layoffs 5 hr andreas drexler 1
Learn French with results at the French Academy Thu French Academy 1
Debate: Marijuana - Gaithersburg, MD (Aug '10) Aug 18 Pro People 24
Debate: Marijuana - Germantown, MD (Aug '10) Aug 12 Sherry and Kerry 31
Review: Ascent Audiology & Hearing - Rockville, MD Aug 5 Alice 2
PETCO overcharging for tax Jul 30 Rockvillian 1
Debate: Drinking Age - Rockville, MD (Dec '11) Jul 30 Rockvillian 3

Search the Gaithersburg Forum:
•••
•••