More Bike, Less Pike

More Bike, Less Pike

There are 1 comment on the League of Amer. Bicyclists Mag. story from Nov 19, 2012, titled More Bike, Less Pike. In it, League of Amer. Bicyclists Mag. reports that:

"The city has plans to redesign Rockville Pike - a great area for all kinds of shopping but very auto-centric," says Nancy Breen, head of the Rockville Bicycle Advisory Committee .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at League of Amer. Bicyclists Mag..

Confused reader

Rockville, MD

#1 Nov 25, 2012
I like to ride my bike but not in traffic...the 355 is so congested as it is with traffic lights every quarter mile I do not see how a bike lane would be conducive. If I plan to shop I would not take a bike. There are Metro stops close to shopping or I would take my car for purchases like groceries. Put the bike lane in a less congested area where people would feel safe riding a bike with the family and not on a busy road with people trying to make turns on every block, it would be money better spent!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaithersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rockville Music Forum (Nov '12) Sep 15 Musikologist 13
Cop Gone Bad Gets Justice In Violent Guatemala ... (Jun '09) Sep 11 Not surprised 20
I can't find any information on what ALL my rig... Aug '15 MrRkvL 1
WUSA9 News anchor Aug '15 Ellison Barber 1
NEED PEDESTRIAN LIGHT AT Twinbrook and Chapman ... Jul '15 Teri 1
Thick girl to sc horny filthy May '15 Big T 2
You can design your bathroom renovation free on... Apr '15 Vero 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gaithersburg Mortgages