Anger Surfaces As Lesbian Denied Comm...

Anger Surfaces As Lesbian Denied Communion At Mother's Funeral

There are 936 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Feb 29, 2012, titled Anger Surfaces As Lesbian Denied Communion At Mother's Funeral. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

It was one act, and one phrase that made a sad day far worse for art-studio owner Barbara Johnson that much worse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1001 Mar 28, 2012
I need some more comic relief anyway. lol

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#1002 Mar 28, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
I need some more comic relief anyway. lol
Here: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regio...

The Roman Catholic Church is always a barrel of laughs.

:)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1003 Mar 28, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regio...
The Roman Catholic Church is always a barrel of laughs.
:)
It doesn't surprise me in the least.

What about consent?

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#1004 Mar 28, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't surprise me in the least.
What about consent?
Well, apparently from the couple of articles I read on this, there have been almost no details released, so that's an unknown.

But even if consent WAS granted, which I highly doubt, that STLL does not make it morally correct or legal.

Someone can go to a surgeon and ask him to remove an arm or leg, when their is no medical necessity to do so. If the surgeon did so, even with the consent of the person who asked for it, it is STILL criminal.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#1005 Mar 28, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, apparently from the couple of articles I read on this, there have been almost no details released, so that's an unknown.
But even if consent WAS granted, which I highly doubt, that STLL does not make it morally correct or legal.
Someone can go to a surgeon and ask him to remove an arm or leg, when their is no medical necessity to do so. If the surgeon did so, even with the consent of the person who asked for it, it is STILL criminal.
Of course not. There is also an investigation of the Dutch Government which involves the allegations. I was wondering who consented to this abuse e.g. parents and the minor. What's more, how about the medial ethics involved? What kind of doctor would do this?

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#1006 Mar 28, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. There is also an investigation of the Dutch Government which involves the allegations. I was wondering who consented to this abuse e.g. parents and the minor. What's more, how about the medial ethics involved? What kind of doctor would do this?
Good questions. That's why their is a coverup and supposedly an investigation.

It's stories like these that make me fall down on my knees each night and THANK GOD I was born a Protestant !

And I will never understand why ANY gay or lesbian person would want to be a Roman Catholic (or a str8 person for that matter).

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1007 Mar 28, 2012
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text> Without asking your pastor, cite legitimate scientific sources (No storybook bible verses) to support your ridiculous bullsh!t. And are you telling your god who and who may not get to heaven? Donm't you think that's up to her? And since your satorybook is not considered in any way factual or reliable, come uyp with a better excuse for your stupidity and hypocrisy in declaring that your god would turn his back on his creations/children. YOU may be that stupid and hate filled, but my guess is that any creator worth his salt is better than you. Hell, most people and even semi-advanced primates are better than you. My heavenly father told me that because 1., he likes me better than you, and 2., it's fairly obvious.
I love it when you bitch slap people so eloquently.
BS Detector

Los Angeles, CA

#1008 Mar 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I love it when you bitch slap people so eloquently.
Hehehe. Thank you.

And I noticed a whole bunch of typos. I really should wear my reading glasses when I type these.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#1009 Mar 29, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good questions. That's why their is a coverup and supposedly an investigation.
It's stories like these that make me fall down on my knees each night and THANK GOD I was born a Protestant !
And I will never understand why ANY gay or lesbian person would want to be a Roman Catholic (or a str8 person for that matter).
There is more info available on this matter. The boy went to the Dutch Police after being raped by the priest. The police did not believe the story and returned the boy to the priest, who then sent him to the Catholic Hospital to be castrated in order to correct homosexual tendencies.

These were the glorious good old days for sure!(NOT REALLY)

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#1010 Mar 29, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more info available on this matter. The boy went to the Dutch Police after being raped by the priest. The police did not believe the story and returned the boy to the priest, who then sent him to the Catholic Hospital to be castrated in order to correct homosexual tendencies.
These were the glorious good old days for sure!(NOT REALLY)
I had not heard that before. What about the OTHER BOYS who were castrated ? What were the circumstances of those cases ?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#1011 Mar 29, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I had not heard that before. What about the OTHER BOYS who were castrated ? What were the circumstances of those cases ?
Sounds like the kinky priest had help. This is why there is an investigation which goes well beyond the Catholic Church.

Here are some more details.

"For fifty years, Cornelius Rogge tried to tell the world this story.“People thought I was crazy,” he says. It was a story about a man he once knew who had been sexually abused by a Roman Catholic brother—and who was then castrated, when he dared to report the crime."

"In 1956, Henk, then 20-years-old and legally a minor, reported the clerical abuse to the police. Hearing about the abuse, the police treated him as if he were insane, bringing him to a Roman Catholic psychiatric hospital where he was involuntarily committed. People there told detectives Henk was “a homosexual, untrustworthy, a liar and mentally disturbed.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03...

“ WOOF !”

Coolidge, AZ

#1012 Mar 29, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like the kinky priest had help. This is why there is an investigation which goes well beyond the Catholic Church.
Here are some more details.
"For fifty years, Cornelius Rogge tried to tell the world this story.“People thought I was crazy,” he says. It was a story about a man he once knew who had been sexually abused by a Roman Catholic brother—and who was then castrated, when he dared to report the crime."
"In 1956, Henk, then 20-years-old and legally a minor, reported the clerical abuse to the police. Hearing about the abuse, the police treated him as if he were insane, bringing him to a Roman Catholic psychiatric hospital where he was involuntarily committed. People there told detectives Henk was “a homosexual, untrustworthy, a liar and mentally disturbed.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03...
Thank you for that link !

The Roman catholic Church, as an institutin IS EVIL. Andyone who disputes this need only read this story.

I am born and raised a devout Protestant, attend church each Sunday, and I will NOT STOP PROCLAIMING that the Roman Catholic Church IS EVIL !

I'm PROUD to proclaim that and I have done so for years.

ANYONE, gay or str8, is CRAZY to want to be a Catholic.

I have 3 younger siblings, and we were all born and raised Protestant (ELCA Lutheran). Both of my sisters were married in Protestant churches (I'm not sure where my brother was married).

One of my sisters converted to Roman Catholicism, and had her kids baptized Catholic. We haven't spoken since, and I shall never speak to her again.

Am I proud to say this ? YES, I AM !

ANYONE who says the Roman Catholic Church is NOT Evil, is NOT facing the TRUTH !

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#1013 Mar 29, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for that link !
The Roman catholic Church, as an institutin IS EVIL. Andyone who disputes this need only read this story.
I am born and raised a devout Protestant, attend church each Sunday, and I will NOT STOP PROCLAIMING that the Roman Catholic Church IS EVIL !
I'm PROUD to proclaim that and I have done so for years.
ANYONE, gay or str8, is CRAZY to want to be a Catholic.
I have 3 younger siblings, and we were all born and raised Protestant (ELCA Lutheran). Both of my sisters were married in Protestant churches (I'm not sure where my brother was married).
One of my sisters converted to Roman Catholicism, and had her kids baptized Catholic. We haven't spoken since, and I shall never speak to her again.
Am I proud to say this ? YES, I AM !
ANYONE who says the Roman Catholic Church is NOT Evil, is NOT facing the TRUTH !
Why do you say it is evil? Isn't that simply your subjective personal opinion?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#1014 Mar 29, 2012
I wouldn't even call the priest evil. He was a sick individual.
BOZO

Tokyo, Japan

#1015 Mar 29, 2012
Damn LuLu you have not changed a bit you're as butt ugly now as you were 25 years ago. Are you still with the carnival?
PCisBS

Rockville, MD

#1016 Apr 6, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
When we out grow our fears. When do you think that will happen?
That's a good point. Religion is based on fear of the unknown and fear of what we don't understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gaithersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I can't find any information on what ALL my rig... Mon MrRkvL 1
WUSA9 News anchor Aug 13 Ellison Barber 1
NEED PEDESTRIAN LIGHT AT Twinbrook and Chapman ... Jul '15 Teri 1
Druming noises at MV Middle School on Watkin's ... Jul '15 Myown 3
Review: BMI Karate/iLoveKickboxing Jul '15 Kerry and Sherry 11
Cop Gone Bad Gets Justice In Violent Guatemala ... (Jun '09) Jul '15 Riveria 19
News Hypoallergenic pets: An answer for animal lover... Jul '15 Gus Chiggins 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gaithersburg Mortgages