New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4469 Jan 16, 2013
Vint Hill Guy wrote:
So, Diamond and Ice Sports and Starbucks has been added to the Haymarket Village Center. Only 4 spots left. They have done a good job finding tenants. I hope they are all successful, good for the area.
Agreed, and hopefully the fairly quick pace in finding tenants bodes well for the development of the western end.

Does anyone know when these tenants will be allowed to begin opening up? It almost seems like they're waiting to get a go-ahead from Edens or something.

Looks like both McDonald's and Sheetz will be at tonight's ARB meeting once again, most likely putting forth revised designs for approval. It seems like the Planning Commission still has a healthy amount of skepticism for McDonald's plans, while they seem pretty keen on Sheetz's design mostly because it will end up improving the traffic situation and access bordering its property.
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4470 Jan 17, 2013
Some updates from last night's meeting:

Sheetz - Formally applied for a Certificate of Appropriateness to move things along, but the board still has some issues with their design. Gave some more feedback and instead of denying their COA the board tabled it until next month's meeting on 2/20.

McDonald's - Came back with revised renderings using the board's feedback from the last meeting. The board seemed pleased with some of their design changes but still has issues with others. Didn't specifically mention their next appearance, but can see it also being on 2/20.

Some interesting tidbits I noticed was that Sheetz intends to construct the new building before tearing down the old one. However they would need to take down the old pumps and gas tanks before putting in the new ones, so gas services being closed for a while seems pretty likely. What's nice is the new design will provide not just more parking along the building itself but if I heard correctly will have 4 more pumps (which means 8 more stations).
ja bristow

Haymarket, VA

#4471 Jan 17, 2013
Signage up for a new frozen yogurt place "Creations" going in near the AT&T Wireless Jungle at Bristow Center.
DSW49

Haymarket, VA

#4472 Jan 18, 2013
Just what we need...another yogurt place!
Brian

Frederick, MD

#4473 Jan 18, 2013
There's one (frozen yogurt) going in the Safeway strip near Breamar as well. I can't remember the name.

It's by the Vocelli Pizza, Subway etc.
Brian

Frederick, MD

#4474 Jan 18, 2013
Sarah

Bristow, VA

#4475 Jan 18, 2013
Wow...that's a lot of yogurt places...I wonder if frozen yogurt is going the way of coffee houses in the early/mid 90's...back when there was a little place in every strip mall...and now they are all gone except for the occasional Starbucks or Caribou.
Brian

Frederick, MD

#4476 Jan 18, 2013
Starbucks got smart and just started subleasing space in grocery stores and such. It's probably way less expensive to do that than to have an actual store front.

They are on almost every corner here in DC, but yeah.. There just might be too much in the way of frozen yogurt currently.
GvilleMama

Gainesville, VA

#4477 Jan 18, 2013
Great... now we are going to be overrun with pizza, chinese and yogurt shops.
Bristowmom

Gainesville, VA

#4478 Jan 19, 2013
I've reached the end of my commitment for my gym membership and was thinking of taking a look at the new Onelife (where Sport & Health used to be). Has anyone checked them out yet? Opinions?
Old Gainesville

Gainesville, VA

#4479 Jan 19, 2013
Gainesville Guy wrote:
A couple Gainesvile retail site disturbance permits issued recently:
El Tio Tex-Mex Grill, 7501 Linton Hall Rd. Addition of outdoor seating to restaurant.
Gainesville Corner, 14302 Lee Hwy. Construction of a 9,240-square-foot retail building.
Anybody know what is going in Gainesville Corner? That is the property near the CVS. Too big for the McDonalds I would think.
Gainesville Corner will have a Verizon store as well as an Advance Auto Parts to fill out the center. This will be on the Jiffy lube side of the lot. The McDonalds is on the CVS side of the lot. I promise you can take this to the bank.
new bristow village

Bristow, VA

#4481 Jan 22, 2013
anyone know what is going in the land being cleared on NOkesville Rd. and Linton Hall next to the Manassas Assembly of God?
Amy

Gainesville, VA

#4482 Jan 22, 2013
new bristow village wrote:
anyone know what is going in the land being cleared on NOkesville Rd. and Linton Hall next to the Manassas Assembly of God?
I think I read in the paper that this was going to be a self storage place....yay.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4483 Jan 22, 2013
new bristow village wrote:
Yeah, along with the self-storage, a gas station, some retail pad sites and office space.
http://www.rectorcompanies.com/portfolio/mixe...

Location hidden

#4484 Jan 22, 2013
Running a little behind their original project date of 2006
catletts guy

Bristow, VA

#4485 Jan 22, 2013
Heard a rumor back in the spring of 2012 that Nokesville rd would be widen to 2 lanes each way SW of Vint Hill Rd to accommodate the growing traffic problem that backs up from the light ever morning yet I haven't seen anything since then. Anyone heard an update lately?
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4486 Jan 23, 2013
catletts guy wrote:
Heard a rumor back in the spring of 2012 that Nokesville rd would be widen to 2 lanes each way SW of Vint Hill Rd to accommodate the growing traffic problem that backs up from the light ever morning yet I haven't seen anything since then. Anyone heard an update lately?
From what I remember the county held a public meeting last April about that. They propose widening 3 miles of Route 28 from Fitzwater to Linton Hall. Based on what I've read though it's still in the very early stages, and may not even have funding yet.
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4487 Jan 24, 2013
Just read this morning that the Food Lion on Hastings Drive in Manassas is closing next month and the one in Fair Lakes is also on the list of stores set for closure. I know we talked about this maybe a month or so ago and it looks like the Walmart in Fair Lakes becoming a Supercenter did in fact do Food Lion in. Will the same thing play out in Haymarket? I guess time will tell.
Former Resident

Fairfax, VA

#4488 Jan 28, 2013
VDOT updated their project page for the 66/15 interchange on Friday. From the looks of it, everything is getting pushed back at least six months. The public meeting that was scheduled for last Fall but never happened is now sometime this Spring. Worse yet, the construction start of 2014 now says 2015.

The 66 widening page still hasn't been touched in a few months and their page with the design rankings doesn't show a company being awarded the contract yet (which I believe was supposed to happen back in November or December).

Location hidden

#4489 Jan 28, 2013
Saw them doing some survey work at the Gardner site on 29 this morning. So, looks like things might be finally moving ahead with that parcel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good seafood? 4 hr Poppy 2
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Tue Curious 417
News Police: Tiff Between Neighbors Turns Violent May 24 realinvestor 2
Review: Epovo Auto Group May 19 RAustin 1
nuts 🔩 888 Annette 888 Marion stock ton... May 18 Annette crazy 888 1
888 Annette Marion crazy 888 888 nuts 🔩 May 18 Annette crazy 888 1
Annette Marion stalker and murders confession t... May 18 Annette crazy 888 1
More from around the web

Gainesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE