New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
GainsevilleNoob

Canton, MI

#4146 Aug 21, 2012
Fusilli Jerry wrote:
They have been running the FIOS down Bristow Road as well. They have been in New Bristow Village. My part of the subdivision is all in. Saw a Verizon truck a couple times running fiber a couple weeks ago.
They are all over, a few weeks ago they laid down the fiber in Oak Valley as well. Now if they would just turn it on!
Gainesville Mom

Gainesville, VA

#4147 Aug 23, 2012
There is an ad in the Gainesville Times that Plow and Hearth Outlet is moving. They don't say where they are moving to but to visit them at their other current locations. Sounds like they are closing down, not really moving. I'm sad to see them go. Everything is 20% off right now.
sdot

Clinton, MD

#4148 Aug 23, 2012
i just noticed more than half of the roads on 55 between 15 and 29 are torn down. Its safe and obvious to assume they will improve it and fix it but i didnt think there was anything wrong with the road in the first place, or is that just me? only thing i can think of is making the road perfect for the grand opening of walmart???
Larry

Falls Church, VA

#4149 Aug 23, 2012
sdot wrote:
i just noticed more than half of the roads on 55 between 15 and 29 are torn down. Its safe and obvious to assume they will improve it and fix it but i didnt think there was anything wrong with the road in the first place, or is that just me? only thing i can think of is making the road perfect for the grand opening of walmart???
They are doing the same thing on 15 north near dominion valley. I don't think it has anything to do with walmart, just the state/county spending money fixing roads that have nothing wrong with them for the sake of spending money.
sdot

Clinton, MD

#4150 Aug 23, 2012
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
They are doing the same thing on 15 north near dominion valley. I don't think it has anything to do with walmart, just the state/county spending money fixing roads that have nothing wrong with them for the sake of spending money.
on a side note, seems like the police got bored and started to patrol 55 more. Saw 2 tickets handed out by the same cop within 45 mins going to and from the store.
Haymartian

Clinton, MD

#4151 Aug 24, 2012
sdot wrote:
You are the type of person that will complain if someone hands you a $100 bill. Seriously, would you prefer they wait till the roads are like those in DC, causing flat tires and messing up the alignment?

And on a side note, your comment was terribly confusing. "half of the roads on 55 between 15 and 29 are torn down." I didn't know route 55 consisted of multiple roads and how do you really tear something down that is the ground? For others that are confused, I ran this through Google Translate.'Half of route 55, between route 15 and route 29 had been milled.'

I typically don't comment on people's language/spelling/grammar/etc, but when you are such a Negative Nancy, you are just asking for it.
sdot

Clinton, MD

#4152 Aug 24, 2012
Haymartian wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the type of person that will complain if someone hands you a $100 bill. Seriously, would you prefer they wait till the roads are like those in DC, causing flat tires and messing up the alignment?
And on a side note, your comment was terribly confusing. "half of the roads on 55 between 15 and 29 are torn down." I didn't know route 55 consisted of multiple roads and how do you really tear something down that is the ground? For others that are confused, I ran this through Google Translate.'Half of route 55, between route 15 and route 29 had been milled.'
I typically don't comment on people's language/spelling/grammar/etc, but when you are such a Negative Nancy, you are just asking for it.
and you are the type of person that has nothing better to do but to criticize...im sure it makes you feel better about yourself. now, go pound dirt, u will enjoy it.
g-money

Ocean City, MD

#4153 Aug 24, 2012
does anyone know a "backdoor" way to confirm whether FIOS is coming to a neighborhood? I've called and check on line, but no luck. I asked a technician installing it on a neighboring street, and he said that it is (but that was months ago). I'm in Gainesville near HT, but not in a HOA. Would the county have any copy of project plans?
kab

Clinton, MD

#4154 Aug 25, 2012
Walmart is opening Sept 12, and Kohls Sept 24th. Can't wait to see what dining options are coming to that site.
Amy

Gainesville, VA

#4155 Aug 26, 2012
Just noticed that Wing It in Bristow closed - anyone know what happened with them?
Sarah

Gainesville, VA

#4156 Aug 26, 2012
Amy wrote:
Just noticed that Wing It in Bristow closed - anyone know what happened with them?
They started getting really bad reviews (on Yelp and also just heard bad things from other locals). Lots of complaints about terrible service, not having items listed on their menu, etc.

I only had a chance to go there once, for lunch, and I thought my food was very good, and the service fine.
gainesvilian

Clinton, MD

#4157 Aug 26, 2012
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
They started getting really bad reviews (on Yelp and also just heard bad things from other locals). Lots of complaints about terrible service, not having items listed on their menu, etc.
I only had a chance to go there once, for lunch, and I thought my food was very good, and the service fine.
went to wing it once to try their hot wing challenge .... i beat it and they didnt didnt have the prize in stock (wing it shirt). They told me it will take couple weeks to get it in stock and they will call me but took them half a year....and i had to call them

ps...dont ever try the challenge... not worth the pain
Fred

Bedford, MA

#4158 Aug 27, 2012
Amy wrote:
I used to enjoy going there, but then they managed to run off all the good employees and management started treating regular customers like dirt. Good recipe for failure!

Since: May 08

Gainesville, VA

#4159 Aug 29, 2012
Nothing new really but looks like Regal finally added the Virginia Gateway theater to their "Coming Soon" list of theaters:

http://www.regmovies.com/grand-openings/
GvilleMama

Gainesville, VA

#4160 Aug 29, 2012
Surprised they aren't putting in IMAX in the Gainesville theater.
gainesvilian

Clinton, MD

#4161 Aug 29, 2012
kab wrote:
Walmart is opening Sept 12, and Kohls Sept 24th. Can't wait to see what dining options are coming to that site.
Just wondering if there is an official word on Walmart opening on 9/12.

Only thing i found was this fundraiser that shows the 9/12 date.

http://mysite.verizon.net/bizqmjr1/id13.html
Nathanael Snow

Washington, DC

#4162 Aug 29, 2012
Thinking about how much money I'll save once Wal-Mart is open.
Half as many trips to Wegman's.
No trips to Manassas for auto parts.
Lower prices on lots of stuff I buy.
I'm guessing I'll save between $500 and $1000 a year.
TpJ

Baltimore, MD

#4163 Aug 29, 2012
GvilleMama wrote:
Surprised they aren't putting in IMAX in the Gainesville theater.
Looks like Regal is touting their own big screen experience called RPX. http://www.bigscreen.com/journal.php...
We'll have to see how it compares to IMAX
TpJ

Baltimore, MD

#4164 Aug 29, 2012
Look was on our door last night! Fios is finally coming to Foxborough!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk44/tjubb...

Since: May 08

Gainesville, VA

#4165 Aug 29, 2012
TpJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like Regal is touting their own big screen experience called RPX. http://www.bigscreen.com/journal.php...
We'll have to see how it compares to IMAX
They're just tired of paying IMAX maintenance and royalty fees. The RPX theater specs are essentially the same but Regal makes more money this way. Some info:

http://www.bigscreen.com/journal.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Goodwill to Open Centreville Store August 5th Aug 1 DCGoodwill 1
News Police motorcycle competition revs up for a goo... (Aug '14) Jul 22 just saying 2
Construction worker Jul '17 Steve 1
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun '17 youngdreamer 103
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia Jun '17 I See the Light 21
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1
Stepney Plantation (Dec '13) Feb '17 ringgoldlover 6

Gainesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages