New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
Rattle Snake Snu

Huntsville, AL

#3355 Dec 2, 2011
yup yup... bring on some country cookin.. I'll be right there wit ya. We aint no need no fancy duper restoraunts like out back. places like out back are for city slikers.

Since: May 08

Clinton, MD

#3356 Dec 3, 2011
They seem to be making more progress on the roads/lights at Linton Hall & 29. Should we expect that shifted interchange to go into effect anytime soon?
kab

Haymarket, VA

#3357 Dec 4, 2011
Talking about the best restaurant in Gainesville, my personal favorite is Eggspectations.
On a different note - Rio Grande in Fairfax - did you notice the service got so much worse since they laid off the bus boys? Now the wait stuff is too busy with serving chips and salsa, so you wait forever for everything. They need to rethink that decision, since they obviously are far from financial crisis.

Clinton, MD

#3358 Dec 4, 2011
kab wrote:
Talking about the best restaurant in Gainesville, my personal favorite is Eggspectations.
I enjoyed Eggspectations, but don't you think it's seriously overpriced for what you get?
kab

Haymarket, VA

#3359 Dec 4, 2011
DC Commuter wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed Eggspectations, but don't you think it's seriously overpriced for what you get?
It is not a cheap restaurant, but we go there for special ocasions - f.e.try their birthday waffle - delicious. And we always have some kind of coupon or groupon. The quality of their food - especially eggs benedict and crepes dishes - pulls us back again and again.

Gainesville, VA

#3360 Dec 4, 2011
Actually I think the crab dishes are pretty darn good at Eggspectations as well. Crab cakes and crab dip are both good...
Brian

Washington, DC

#3361 Dec 5, 2011
I've not yet tried Eggspectations. It gets mixed reviews.

Speakin of.. We tried Bad to the Bone last night and I must say that I really enjoyed it.
We did a takeout family dinner with pulled pork and ribs. It wasn't the most mindnumbingly amazing barbeque, but it was much better than average.

I noticed that they had Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA on tap.. Will definitely have it again.
kab

Haymarket, VA

#3362 Dec 6, 2011
I found this new info/ pictures rather of the Promenade:
http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/property/...

It looks like the fountain feature will not be as interactive as in Fairfax. I hope it will still change. Still I've never seen these before.

Where are you guys getting the info that Famous Daves is coming?

Gainesville, VA

#3363 Dec 6, 2011
kab wrote:
I found this new info/ pictures rather of the Promenade:
http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/property/...
It looks like the fountain feature will not be as interactive as in Fairfax. I hope it will still change. Still I've never seen these before.
Where are you guys getting the info that Famous Daves is coming?
Good info thanks. I liked all the documents in the documents tab. No new tenant listings but you can get to a much more detailed leasing plan as well as some pretty detailed demographics.

Also, not sure where people got the Famous Daves info. I haven't seen that anywhere either...

Since: Jul 11

Bristow, VA

#3364 Dec 7, 2011
kab wrote:
http://peterson.propertycapsul e.com/property/output/center/d etail/id:6/type:Retail/
I only hoped that they would be able to have the only light at Glenkirk Road and not add another in between Glenkirk and Wellington. It looks to me like the property doesn't extend that far to Glenkirk. Too bad ... just what we need - another light.
Brian

Washington, DC

#3365 Dec 7, 2011
Bristow J wrote:
<quoted text>
I only hoped that they would be able to have the only light at Glenkirk Road and not add another in between Glenkirk and Wellington. It looks to me like the property doesn't extend that far to Glenkirk. Too bad ... just what we need - another light.
They are putting a light in at Rollins Ford Rd and Linton Hall as well. It looks like they are moving ahead with all 4 lanes going into all of the developments on Rollins Ford.

Since: Jul 11

Bristow, VA

#3366 Dec 7, 2011
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
They are putting a light in at Rollins Ford Rd and Linton Hall as well. It looks like they are moving ahead with all 4 lanes going into all of the developments on Rollins Ford.
I do think that Rollins Ford needed a light on Linton Hall.

But I think they could/should have consolidated them around the shopping centers.
Brian

Washington, DC

#3367 Dec 7, 2011
I can't say I disagree with the need for a light there, but more lights is never fun.

I remember when that road had a light at 28 and 29 and that's it.
John

Washington, DC

#3368 Dec 7, 2011
They need a light there. I witnessed 2 serious accidents at that intersection already. Not a fan of more lights, but that one needs it.

Location hidden

#3369 Dec 8, 2011
I find it interesting with the site plan flyer found here, http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/property/... that in the graphic there is a BJ's Brewhouse sketched in. I realize these are just artistic rendering, but I find it interesting that they used BJ's as there are none as of right now located in Virginia and the nearest being in Ohio. Of all the places to draw in, why use that. I would be happy, yes I realize it isn't a GAR, but I have been to BJ's before and thouroughly enjoyed the food, and more importantly the custom brews. Would give the area a little more selection for sure.

Location hidden

#3370 Dec 8, 2011
Another place on the drawing is Rustico, would be awesome if they came out this way from Arlington.
Greg in Glenkirk

Gainesville, VA

#3371 Dec 8, 2011
I caught the BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse as well. Although it is a large chain, their food and brews are much better than GAR's. But they still have a long way to go before they come to Virginia. I'll take what we can get.

Gainesville, VA

#3372 Dec 8, 2011
Vint Hill Guy wrote:
I find it interesting with the site plan flyer found here, http://peterson.propertycapsule.com/property/... that in the graphic there is a BJ's Brewhouse sketched in. I realize these are just artistic rendering, but I find it interesting that they used BJ's as there are none as of right now located in Virginia and the nearest being in Ohio. Of all the places to draw in, why use that. I would be happy, yes I realize it isn't a GAR, but I have been to BJ's before and thouroughly enjoyed the food, and more importantly the custom brews. Would give the area a little more selection for sure.
You know I didn't even think to look at that assuming they were all just generic made up stores. But you are right the BJ's is clearly BJ's Brewhouse you can tell from the red triangle symbol. And this is a recently drawn rendering since it looks exactly to scale of the current site plan (Regal location, street layout, pedestrian zones, and preservation area).

But, probably doesn't mean anything although still pretty interesting. A decent brewhouse would be a very very welcom addition to the area...
kab

Haymarket, VA

#3373 Dec 8, 2011
The only thing i still wonder about is whether BJ's (wholesale) will include the gas station. It's not depicted on any of the renderings, but then BJ's claimed it's gonna be there on the new member applications while visiting local schools.

Gainesville, VA

#3374 Dec 8, 2011
kab wrote:
The only thing i still wonder about is whether BJ's (wholesale) will include the gas station. It's not depicted on any of the renderings, but then BJ's claimed it's gonna be there on the new member applications while visiting local schools.
Actually they do show it on that latest leasing plan. It shows as "Future BJ's fueling facility" and it is sort of on the side of BJ's further down Wellington away from Linton Hall

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bestbppace to go trick or treating in gainesville Oct 31 red wing 1
Local Youth Flag Football Leagues Oct 24 rmason1976 3
Ugliest Uniforms Ever Oct '17 Spurrier 1
Church for Forty-Somethings? Oct '17 SingleChurchGuy 1
Victory Lakes / Bristow (Aug '06) Jun '17 youngdreamer 103
News Obama joins private golf club in Virginia (May '17) Jun '17 I See the Light 21
News Joint committee takes aim at Prince William's 2... May '17 Bob Martin 1

Gainesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages