|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

AKB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were right. It says that it's coming soon on the Atlas Walk website. Looking forward to it!
I don't see it on the vagateway website.
*shrug

Since: Apr 08

Haymarket

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

Anothai in Gainesville, VA has closed down. There are signs in the window for a new Vietnamese restaurant - the name of which is:

Pho Ha Linh

I hope they have more and better Pho options than Saigon Crepes.

No indication as to when the new place will open.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Well, it's official now. Disney has pulled out on plans to build a mega-resort over at the National Harbor. Too bad, I was actually looking forward to that. I hope the Kalahari Resort will start their planned build down in Fredricksburg soon, of course this economy isn't helping.
Gainesville Hokie

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Actually, I heard Kalahari cancelled their plans also.
Brian

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Emerald Dragon wrote:
Anothai in Gainesville, VA has closed down. There are signs in the window for a new Vietnamese restaurant - the name of which is:
Pho Ha Linh
I hope they have more and better Pho options than Saigon Crepes.
No indication as to when the new place will open.
Man... that shopping center is getting hammered.
I didn't dislike Anothai, but Thai Peppers has better food imo, and is much closer to me.
John

Bristow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Man... that shopping center is getting hammered.
I didn't dislike Anothai, but Thai Peppers has better food imo, and is much closer to me.
I agree, that shopping center is hurting now. At least they still have Bonefish.
VintHill Matt

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Went to Bad to the Bone last night. Thought it was pretty good, didn't have any of the issues I saw in earlier posts. Food was good and employees friendly. I think it is a good addition to the Gainsville area.

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

John wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, that shopping center is hurting now. At least they still have Bonefish.
Yeah, ironic. That center lost their anchor but they also have, in my opinion, the best Gainesville restaurant (Bonefish). At least Bonefish does very well though so they won't be going anywhere: we don't even bother going during prime weekend hours as the wait is usually too long. I remember having to wait on a Tuesday once even...
Gvl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, ironic. That center lost their anchor but they also have, in my opinion, the best Gainesville restaurant (Bonefish). At least Bonefish does very well though so they won't be going anywhere: we don't even bother going during prime weekend hours as the wait is usually too long. I remember having to wait on a Tuesday once even...
What a shame for the town of Gainesville to say that Bonefish is the best restaurant in the area. No wonder housing values are so low here.

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

Judged:

Gvl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a shame for the town of Gainesville to say that Bonefish is the best restaurant in the area. No wonder housing values are so low here.
Housing values relatively low for the DC area, and incomes some of the highest in the country. That means lots of disposable income: sounds like maybe we need more high end restaurants. Hopefully Peterson delivers on phase 4 of Virginia Gateway...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Gainesville Hokie wrote:
Actually, I heard Kalahari cancelled their plans also.
From what I have read, they haven't completely canceled their plans. But, it is on indefinite hold. Obviously till the economy gets better and they can secure financing.
AKB

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2011

Gainesville Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Housing values relatively low for the DC area, and incomes some of the highest in the country. That means lots of disposable income: sounds like maybe we need more high end restaurants. Hopefully Peterson delivers on phase 4 of Virginia Gateway...
I have heard the reason for the lack of restaurants here is because we don't have the business lunch crowd here. Places in Reston Town Center, for example, have corporate sales reps taking clients out for lunches on the expense account. Better restos are looking for that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Judged:

For those who don't know yet, the Sweet Frog frozen yogurt place near Wegmans is now open.
http://sweetfrogyogurt.com/
Somerset Nathan

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Had anyone figured out what's coming to Webb Drive on 29 near the 7-Elevin?
It does look like a bank with a drive through.
Sonnyboylethalst ein

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Somerset Nathan wrote:
Had anyone figured out what's coming to Webb Drive on 29 near the 7-Elevin?
It does look like a bank with a drive through.
Northwest Federal Credit Union.

Since: Dec 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

Sonnyboylethalstein wrote:
<quoted text>Northwest Federal Credit Union.
Thanks for the info, I thought it was either a bank or a fast food drive through.
mickey mouse

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2011

AKB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard the reason for the lack of restaurants here is because we don't have the business lunch crowd here. Places in Reston Town Center, for example, have corporate sales reps taking clients out for lunches on the expense account. Better restos are looking for that.
Thats very true, but if these companies like ELI LILY and others would stop leaving, maybe we'd get the clientele to support a high end restaurant.. its one big snowball effect
Brian

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

They'd do just fine out here with Lunch and Dinner business. The lease cost out here is cheaper than where the typical business places are (Reston, Washington, Fall Church, Arlington, etc)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2011

Judged:

When Sweetwater's first opened in Cville, they were only open for lunch on Thursdays and Fridays!
C'mon GAR, come out to Gainesville...if you build it we will be there!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Gainesville Forum right now

Search the Gainesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
US15 Widening? Jul 25 Poppy 5
Does anyone know why Pastor Bob Perdue left GLCC? (Aug '13) Jul 21 Poppy 33
annette MARION WANTS TO MARRY ALIEN, AND BE IN ... Jul 17 PSYCTODAY 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Has anyone else been hearing helicopters circli... (Feb '13) Jul 12 South Africa 8
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Jun 29 Doesnt matter 413
Multigenerational Households Jun 29 Take advantage of Gov 2
•••
•••
•••
Gainesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gainesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000