New Towncenter in Gainesville VA
Brian

Washington, DC

#3071 Aug 19, 2011
Bristow J wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding Haymarket Village Center, I contacted Kristi Inman (leasing coordinator) asking about the project and her response was: "Yes. We have Super Walmart and Kohl's coming to the project. We expect to open the project late next Fall."
Edens and Avant is the developer of this project at the corner of Rt 55 and Rt 15.
http://www.edensandavant.com/oc_center_detail...
Ughhh.. no.. not Walmart!!!
Brian

Washington, DC

#3072 Aug 19, 2011
Tom wrote:
anyone know what the activity is at Devlin/Ballsford/Wellington next to the 7-11? It's been cleared out and fenced off. Large piles of logs and equipment can be seen inside the fenced off area on either side of Ballsford.
I'll try to dig up some info, but I remember reading that it was going to be some sort of sports complex

Since: Jul 11

Bristow, VA

#3073 Aug 19, 2011
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll try to dig up some info, but I remember reading that it was going to be some sort of sports complex
http://www.showcase.com/property/6651-Welling...
This is on one side of Balls Ford. Any ideas about the side near 7-11?
Bristowmom

Woodbridge, VA

#3074 Aug 19, 2011
I think the sports complex is going on the opposite corner of Balls Ford. I think they're relocating the 7-11...there was a sign up at that corner a while ago seeking permit for gas station/convenience store. Or maybe it's Wawa or something.
Bristowmom

Woodbridge, VA

#3075 Aug 19, 2011
Was at Comfort One Shoes and asked why they moved. They said they had to move because Chicos was moving into their old space. Saw a couple of other "we're moving" signs up at Blush and one of the other stores, so wondering If there's anything else coming as well
Sarah

Gainesville, VA

#3076 Aug 19, 2011
I was wondering about that we're moving sign at Blush as well...I tried looking at their website to see if it said anything, but didn't see anything...
PPO

Bristow, VA

#3077 Aug 19, 2011
Has anyone seen the people running for election in the area that are basically 'against growth'? Are these people serious or that delusional and out of touch with the economy?
It is unbelievable that the area is still dealing with people who fail to accept that it is 'NOT' rural anymore. Moreover, a large number of us are keen to get more stores and build traction (improve and grow) our area and do not just want to have houses.
Granted, for anyone who has ever pondered why regardless of the income we have negligible stores or even a decent mall, well there you have it.
Anne

United States

#3078 Aug 20, 2011
PPO is obviously a developer who thinks we are all stupid.
David

Washington, DC

#3079 Aug 20, 2011
Wake up Anne. It's time to join the 21st century.
Anne

United States

#3080 Aug 20, 2011
my 21st century will be much nicer than yours and PPO. I hope you enjoy your new overlords, the developers.
Mamasan

Haymarket, VA

#3081 Aug 21, 2011
http://marketsquaretowncenter.com/vagateway_m...

Here is the current layout and website for the new center
Hausfrau

Kensington, MD

#3082 Aug 21, 2011
The growth promises are to slow down residential growth until schools, roads, public safety, and recreation can support existing and planned communities. We need also to cultivate better paying jobs in PWC, not just retail.
I am continually amazed at how illiterate voters are about local issues. Open your eyes and ears people. Look at all the candidate, go to their websites, be informed or be quiet, but do not complain when things go south.
Gainesville Mom

Gainesville, VA

#3083 Aug 22, 2011
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Ughhh.. no.. not Walmart!!!
I agree. Please no Wal-Mart!
Oh no

Woodbridge, VA

#3084 Aug 22, 2011
Gainesville Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Please no Wal-Mart!
You probably can't even articulate why you hate wal-mart. Seriously, who is wal-mart going to hurt in Haymarket? Did you know they are the largest employer in the US and therefore provide more health and educational benefits to more Americans than any other company?
No all you hear is walmart=evil. Maybe you should work there so they can pay for you to get some knowledge. This is the problem with the anti-growth candidates too. They complain about attracting employers to the area and then turn around and complain when the largest one actually wants to come because "it's bad".
Brian

Washington, DC

#3085 Aug 22, 2011
Oh no wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably can't even articulate why you hate wal-mart. Seriously, who is wal-mart going to hurt in Haymarket? Did you know they are the largest employer in the US and therefore provide more health and educational benefits to more Americans than any other company?
No all you hear is walmart=evil. Maybe you should work there so they can pay for you to get some knowledge. This is the problem with the anti-growth candidates too. They complain about attracting employers to the area and then turn around and complain when the largest one actually wants to come because "it's bad".
because wal-mart is over sized and they suck. The stores are generally a mess.
Brian

Washington, DC

#3086 Aug 22, 2011
Mamasan wrote:
http://marketsquaretowncenter. com/vagateway_market_square.ht m
Here is the current layout and website for the new center
Mamasan,

That layout is not current. It's the old layout. The shopping center isn't even being called Market Square anymore.
It's now going to be Promenade at Virginia Gateway.

Here's a more up to date layout.
http://www.petersoncos.com/Retail/images/site... (color)01.24.11_mac.pdf

Only the BJ's can be confirmed as it's actually being built.
They've announced a 14 theater Regal, but it's slated for 2013.
Given the economy,(yet again) I'll believe it when I see it.
Brian

Washington, DC

#3087 Aug 22, 2011
Brian

Washington, DC

#3088 Aug 22, 2011
http://tinyurl.com/3qw46ou

^ Promenade at Virginia Gateway

The Topix board isn't allowing the original URL..
So I'll try this
Mamasan

Haymarket, VA

#3089 Aug 22, 2011
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
Mamasan,
That layout is not current. It's the old layout. The shopping center isn't even being called Market Square anymore.
It's now going to be Promenade at Virginia Gateway.
Here's a more up to date layout.
http://www.petersoncos.com/Retail/images/site... (color)01.24.11_mac.pdf
Only the BJ's can be confirmed as it's actually being built.
They've announced a 14 theater Regal, but it's slated for 2013.
Given the economy,(yet again) I'll believe it when I see it.
Thx for the info!
Gainesville Mom

Gainesville, VA

#3090 Aug 22, 2011
Oh no wrote:
<quoted text>
Well let's see, my husband's uncle worked for them at their HQ until he died so I do know some of the inner workings of Wal Mart. As someone else said, they are oversized stores and suck. Their stores are always messy. Besides, go 20 min to Manassas and there is a store. Go 20 min the other way and there is another Wal-Mart. No need for one in this area. The roads here are bad enough and won't be able to handle the amount of traffic the store will bring. We don't need to turn this area in to another Tyson's where you can't move a few feet in less than a few minutes.
And... I was part of a group that fought a Wal Mart coming in to an area that was too congested and too close to houses to take a large store like that (where I lived before). After years of fighting, the county turned them down. I'm willing to do that again :)
As far as my knowledge the Federal Govt is the largest employer in the US, not Wal Mart. See what college can do for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parks at Piedmont (Sep '08) Jun 24 George 423
Haymarket Police (Aug '09) Jun 8 Friend 18
Chantilly Music Thread May '16 Musikologist 1
News Salcedo Guilty of Larceny (Nov '08) Apr '16 Jitz 4
Neighbours Control your kids Apr '16 slapyomamma 2
News Bristow man faces sodomy, rape charges (May '12) Mar '16 Earthchild 37
66 commute Mar '16 Dan 2

Gainesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance