of 3
Next Last
Gville lover

Charlotte, NC

#41 Sep 9, 2010
Neibauer is pretty good

United States

#42 Sep 9, 2010
I live in Gainesville but I go to Dr. Jackson and his wife in Manassas ( ). I tried several other dentists before, but they all tried to convince me that I needed many fillings and were more concerned with making money than with taking care of patients. Dr. Jackson is one of the best dentist I've been to, I would highly recommend him.
MaryMcFarland wrote:
This has some out-dated posts. Can anybody suggest a dentist in September 2010? It seems like all the dentists I've seen in this area specialize in cosmetic restoration and veneers, and seem to advertise these specialties heavily. I am looking for a dentist that can help me with a sore tooth or do a routine cleaning without ripping me off. Any help is appreciated.
If you work for one of these practices, please don't advertise with fake posts.

Gainesville, VA

#43 Sep 10, 2010
My family has used Dr. Houser for the last couple of years and we are very happy. He is located in Heritage Hunt area.

Bristow, VA

#44 Sep 12, 2010
I've been using Dr. Olson at Greenhill Family Dental in Haymarket for the past 4 years and LOVE her! Wonderful office & staff. If you decide to go, ask for Janel as your hygenist. She's awesome :)

Here's the website :)
Sonnyboy Lethalstein

Gainesville, VA

#45 Sep 12, 2010
Been going to Gainesville Dental Associates for about 8 years. I've been very happy with them. They have done cleanings, fillings, a root canal, and TMJ treatment on me. Chehade, Johnson, and Phucas are all good. Careful not to use Dr. Batistas for regular services if you have Delta, because he is not a Delta dentist and is therefore "out of network." All the others are Delta.

From the beginning, I was very impressed that this practice has the best, most modern technology in their offices.
Haymarket Mom

Manassas, VA

#46 Oct 29, 2010
We LOVE Greenhill Dental. Dr Kim Olsen is phenomenal!! The hygienists are all very gentle and friendly. My 3 year old even goes here and has no problems. When my husband's father passed away I had to call them the morning of his appt to let them know what he wouldn't be in due to the death. They felt awful and even sent us a nice plant arrangement when we arrived back home. My father in law passed away over the summer and we have been in the office 3 times since then with the family's appt. Dr Kim is always checking to make sure how the family is handling it. I can not say enough great things about them. They feel like family!!

Warrenton, VA

#47 Nov 17, 2010
Bristow Family wrote:
After a bad experience at Gainesville Dentist Associates (and numerous neighbors having bad experiences as well) we went to Dr. Olano and Dr. Pollack- they are great. We have had great experiences and everyone we talk to has as well. I would not step foot in Gainesville Dental Associates if they were the last practice within 100 miles!
I'm sure there are people that are happy with Gainesville Dental Associates and those who ARE happy might think anyone who disagrees is either hard to please or expecting too much. This is an unfair judgement. My entire family went there for three years. I had two crowns done by Dr. Chehade; one went fine, but the other caused me major problems. When I very politely explained on my return visit that I was having pain when biting, he told me it must be in my head because the crown was fine. That was the second and final crown he did for me. My new dentist had to replace the crown. My daughter had a slight chip in her front tooth. She was 17 at the time and the Indian dentist they had just brought over to the US did my daughter's work. I asked them to just smooth it out because it was quite minor, just a tad noticeable. This dentist (can't remember her name) was quite nice, but ground down the tooth and put a composite on it. It cracked and chipped even bigger a total of five times. The bottom of the tooth was so thin after she finished that biting into anything would cause it to crumble away. Dr. Campbell saw my daughter the last time as I refused to let that woman touch her again. Dr. Campbell took off the composite and ground the tooth back to original, it's just a little shorter now than the other front tooth. Dr. Campbell said you don't ever treat that small of a chip by grounding down the tooth and building it back up. He said they let this woman go and he didn't charge for any of the fixes; however, we originally paid for a service my daughter didn't need...several hundred dollars. Later, we were billed for the fix Dr. Campbell did...full price of $350. I called and was told they'd talk with Dr. Campbell and fix it. They then promptly turned me over to collections. I paid the bill and left the practice. Lastly, every single time we were there for cleanings only, they tried their best to sell us everything under the sun. My husband would go on different days than me and he would come home saying the exact same thing. Having said all this, everyone is very polite and the practice is clean and modern.

Manassas, VA

#48 Dec 16, 2010
I LOVE Gainesville Family Dentistry and Dr. Goswami. She is very caring and gentle and she explained all the procedures to me before they were
done. I was scared of going to the dentist since I had a traumatic experience as a child but after being treated by Dr. Goswami that has changed completely. Now, I look forward to my dental visits. I would highly recommend her. The staff was also very courteous and helpful and they helped me make the most of my insurance benefits.

Gainesville, VA

#49 Feb 16, 2011
kab wrote:
Does anyone knows anything about Dr TIMOTHY K SUMNER? It's the only one my insurance covvers here.
Yes...we used him 1 time and he was horrible! He has no personality at all and what he did do he had to redo as it did not come out right. Stay away.

Gainesville, VA

#50 Feb 20, 2011
I had mixed experiences with Dr Sumner. He is not the warmest guy or the best at explaining, but he did an ok work on a crown. He subsequently sold me on a very expensive mouthguard that was not covered my insurance and that did not help but made my front teeth feel loose and my gums bleed. When I asked about it, they said it just takes time to get used to those things.(Bleeding, painful gums with a mouthguard??). I was supposed to go back to have three old fillings that needed to be replaced, but after the mouthguard incident, I switched dentists. The new dentist said that only one of the fillings needed to be replaced, unless I wanted a cosmetic, newer tooth-colored filling. Not sure I can reccommend Dr Sumner

Gainesville, VA

#51 Feb 27, 2011
Have you people heard about the good dentists at Gainesville Family Dentistry near Haymarket post office on route 55. My whole family are the patients and we just love the doctors! They are very professional, the staff is friendly and the office is very clean.I would highly recommend this place to any one who is looking to switch.

Gainesville, VA

#52 Feb 28, 2011
It took me a long time to find a dentist that had a good review. I am pleased to say that I have found Greenhill Famiy Dental in Haymarket to have the nicest staff. My first visit last week was delightful and painless and look forward to my next visit. There were children in the waiting room which gives you an idea of the care they must give to children and I heard no crying from the rooms. Very highly recommend.

Gainesville, VA

#53 Mar 4, 2011
Reg: Gainesville Family Dentistry : I am writing to share with all who read this review, my overwhelming appreciation for the excellent services this dental office provides. My daughter has had dental procedures at other dental offices that were quite un-pleasurable. This had resulted in her dislike for even the most routine appointments.
From my very first contact with this office, the staff have been courteous and more than
helpful. Doctors willingness to listen and understand has been crucial in my daughters ability to overcome her dental fears. At each of our visits we have been invited into a calm and friendly environment. Each has been thoroughly explained and pain free. The chair side manner that both the doctors display conveys that they care and want each visit to be calm , efficient and painless. I thank them for their ability to understand and the professionalism their office exudes. I have and will continue to recommend their services.
Unhappy Guy

Gainesville, VA

#54 Feb 12, 2012
Dr Able broke 2 of my teeth trying to pull one tooth. The clinic tried to avoid repairing one of the broken teeth. Very dishonest clinic without integrity.

Dundalk, MD

#55 Oct 16, 2012
Anyone have an opinion based on experience with Dr Michael Bassiri in Gainesville, VA area?

Washington, DC

#56 Oct 17, 2012
lovingainesville wrote:
My family has used Dr. Houser for the last couple of years and we are very happy. He is located in Heritage Hunt area.
I used Houser and had a very bad experience. I would not go back to him.
Bristow Girl

Bristow, VA

#57 Jan 7, 2014
If you are looking for results & simply outstanding treatment outcomes, Dr. Adi (Boston University graduate) is the most skilled dentist I have been to and I have seen many, trust me! Also he has a great sense of humor. He worked for many years at gateway-dent but finally started his own practice, Atlas Walk Dental.

Philadelphia, PA

#58 Mar 27, 2015

Pensacola, FL

#59 Mar 28, 2015
Sandy Wells wrote:
Dr. Sumner is terrific. He's shares the situation with you, provides his expert opinion, then moves ahead with your concurrence. Honest and caring.
My husband and I both like him very much. Super staff, too.
Sumner sucks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Mon Gainesville Dude 5,534
Wentworth Green: Pros / Cons Oct 20 Gainesville Mom 5
Trump sign on 29 Oct 10 VADem 1
News A Strong Muslim Identity Is the Best Defense Ag... Oct 2 Stephany McDowell 18
Review: Dogs Gone Wild (Dec '11) Sep '16 Sandie B 9
Is incest ok? (Feb '12) Sep '16 My incest family 22
Does anyone know why Pastor Bob Perdue left GLCC? (Aug '13) Sep '16 Gary 37

Gainesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages