Comments
1 - 20 of 87 Comments Last updated May 15, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Mike From Jersey

Haymarket, VA

#1 Aug 14, 2010
Please use this thread to post comments about future developments in the Gainesville, VA area (examples include: new restaurants, shopping malls, community centers, housing developments, etc.)
AKB

Washington, DC

#3 Aug 19, 2010
So glad to see Jos A Banks coming in at Atlas Walk. The upscale clothing retailers usually seem to stick together. I wish more of them would break away from the pack mentality and fill in the empty spaces in existing shopping centers.

Since: Aug 10

Haymarket, VA

#4 Sep 1, 2010
It's been a while since I've been to a Jos A Bank store. The last time I went I thought their clothes were a bit pricy. I hear their commercials on the radio all the time.

Haymarket, VA

#5 Sep 1, 2010
Does anybody know what happened to the development that was supposed to be built at the intersection of 29 and John Marshall HWY? I think it was to be called "The Groves"? Is it still in the works?

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#6 Sep 2, 2010
Mike From Jersey wrote:
Does anybody know what happened to the development that was supposed to be built at the intersection of 29 and John Marshall HWY? I think it was to be called "The Groves"? Is it still in the works?
They still have it in their portfolio.
http://www.lernerenterprises.com/detailRetail...

Haymarket, VA

#7 Sep 2, 2010
Vint Hill Guy, thank you. I was becoming a bit concerned. I thought the project might have been scrapped because of the recession, I mean, depression, oops, I mean, "the economy"...

My next question: does anybody know what is being built at the intersection of Devlin and Linton Hall? I saw a sign for Thurston Companies and when I looked them up on the internet I couldn't find the project on their site. It appears that one building us up already but they still have a lot of land left to build on.

Location hidden

#8 Sep 3, 2010
Mike From Jersey wrote:
Vint Hill Guy, thank you. I was becoming a bit concerned. I thought the project might have been scrapped because of the recession, I mean, depression, oops, I mean, "the economy"...
My next question: does anybody know what is being built at the intersection of Devlin and Linton Hall? I saw a sign for Thurston Companies and when I looked them up on the internet I couldn't find the project on their site. It appears that one building us up already but they still have a lot of land left to build on.
Yep, it's called Bristow Commons. Being built by Thur & Associates.
http://www.bristowcommons.com/
VP Resident

United States

#9 Sep 7, 2010
Does anyone know when the towncenter near village place is breaking ground?

Haymarket, VA

#10 Sep 7, 2010
Vint Hill Guy, You rock.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 30, 2010
Looks like the COSTCO which had survived the legal battle in New Baltimore, then decided to not build due to the economy, may still end up coming to the area. An article in the Fauquier Times yesterday stated a development company is looking to buy the project and trying to woo COSTCO back. But if no the big box store, they may be able to get another box store to come, perhaps Sam's Club or BJ's. So, glad to hear that project is coming back alive and by this time next year maybe I won't have to drive to Manassas for a COSTCO run.
http://www.klnb.com/search/detail.aspx...

Location hidden

#12 Nov 16, 2010
I emailed the owner of the Cheeburger Cheeburger in Chantily to see if they knew any news about the one which is supposed to open in Gville. They are not associated with this one, but thinks they heard the owners were hoping for a spring 2011 opening. Though I like 5 Guys, Cheeburger Cheeburger offers quality burgers made a multitude of ways.
http://cheeburger.com/home2/index.asp

Location hidden

#13 Nov 16, 2010
Correction, Cheeburger Cheeburger in Sterling.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 22, 2010
Interesting, since it doesn't show up on their website but there is a Cici's Pizza in Manassas now. I was hoping one of those would come to the Gainesville area, but at least Manassas is closer than Sterling. Just an FYI for those who enjoy $4.99 all you can eat pizza.

Since: Dec 10

Haymarket, VA

#15 Dec 1, 2010
Does anyone know when the Tony's in Haymarket is set to open?
Mike From Jersey

United States

#16 Dec 1, 2010
Where is Tony's going to be located? The guy must be doing really well if he's opening a shop in Haymarket. There's already one in Bristow and Pizza NY Margerita in Gainesville is also one of his stores. I'm not complaining - I really like his pies. and I'm from Jersey if you couldn't tell...
Mike From Jersey

United States

#17 Dec 1, 2010
Has anyone else been to the ice hockey rink located in the old 84 Lumber building on Route 55 (Washington ST) in Haymarket? It's bare-bones but is definitely serving its purpose for the Prince William Hockey Club. I hope a development company buys it and renovates it into a permanent full-time ice rink. But, the only problem I see is the physical location of the rink. There is not enough land around the building to accommodate ample parking. There is, however plenty of space across the street (see google maps satellite view) and alongside Route 15. Developers could easily build a 2-rink facility in this part of PWC. I think a rink in this area would be supported quite well.
Kab

Haymarket, VA

#18 Dec 2, 2010
Mike From Jersey wrote:
Has anyone else been to the ice hockey rink located in the old 84 Lumber building on Route 55 (Washington ST) in Haymarket? It's bare-bones but is definitely serving its purpose for the Prince William Hockey Club. I hope a development company buys it and renovates it into a permanent full-time ice rink. But, the only problem I see is the physical location of the rink. There is not enough land around the building to accommodate ample parking. There is, however plenty of space across the street (see google maps satellite view) and alongside Route 15. Developers could easily build a 2-rink facility in this part of PWC. I think a rink in this area would be supported quite well.
We visited the rink after reading about it in a local newspaper.
We have a doughter who would not do hockey, so unforunately we can't take advantege of the rink yet. It's fantastic though. I really hope it's gonna stay open and start something like open skate and skate lessons type of things. It's possible after March, the hockey club people said. It would be an awsome addition to our community.
We visited the roller skating rink in Manassas, and they also do not have much of a parking lot, but the place was packed. What an "easy" way to make money for some business savvy people in our area. We have enough subways and pizza places. We are a familly oriented community, and desperately need and pay money for the things that can entertain our kids. We need indoor places like indoor playground (the real thing though), or even a regular park. There is not even one park with a playground in Gainesville. I heard there is a dog park somewhere here, but not a kids park. It's odd. I think the local businesses in va gateway or stonewall would generate more business if they put a playground somewhere on their property. Fairfax corner has a funtain, and Ashburn Wegmans has a playplace and outdoor playground in its shopping plaza. Our kids would go for it too.
Gainesville Mom

Washington, DC

#19 Dec 2, 2010
Kab...There is a really nice playground in the neighborhood next to Glenkirk Elementary School. It is surrounded by trees, with benches and pathways, very nice in the summer. I can't remember the name of the street it is located, but it is on little piece of land by itself, surrounded by the road and houses around it. I know of numerous people who have held their children's birthday parties there, great location for such an event. And then across Rte. 29, there is James Long Park, next to the Library.
Sarah

Bristow, VA

#20 Dec 2, 2010
Gainesville Mom,

Is the playground in the neighborhood next to Glenkirk elementary, part of a HOA? I know many of the communities around here have their own playgrounds, often with signs saying it is only for the use of residents of the neighborhood. Not sure how strictly it is enforced, if at all--but I know I personally wouldn't feel right taking my kids to a playground that was the private property of another community.
Kab

Haymarket, VA

#21 Dec 2, 2010
Sarah wrote:
Gainesville Mom,
Is the playground in the neighborhood next to Glenkirk elementary, part of a HOA? I know many of the communities around here have their own playgrounds, often with signs saying it is only for the use of residents of the neighborhood. Not sure how strictly it is enforced, if at all--but I know I personally wouldn't feel right taking my kids to a playground that was the private property of another community.
That's a thing, those playgrounds belong to Hoa. We also have a nice playground close to us, but it belongs to Virginia Oaks with a keep away sign. Glenkirk is a "wrong" site of 29 for us, meaning Linton Hall Intersection, but we will give it a try, thank you. The long park is in Haymarket and my kids are not very excited about it (not because of Haymarket, but because of the size). We actually still go to Fairfax County for a nice time in a park. We go to Burke lake and Popes Head parks. I am hoping that maybe they will put a playground by Silver Lake, but with all the enviromental friendly craze in this county, I doubt they will put anything there. Hey we don't even have sidewalks in our neighborhood, because the rain water has to flow freely - and that's county ideal community. Oh well, anybody know of any other nice playgrounds, open to public?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
helicopters Aug 28 anon 3
looking for preschool (Aug '11) Aug 24 Gainesvillemom 19
Does anyone know why Pastor Bob Perdue left GLCC? (Aug '13) Aug 20 Miguel Lobo 34
New Towncenter in Gainesville VA (Sep '06) Aug 17 wentworth green 5,152
Where to get cheap packing boxes? (Jan '11) Aug 5 Courtney Galler 6
annette MARION WANTS TO MARRY ALIEN, AND BE IN ... Aug 4 Sonnyboylethalstein 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
•••
•••
•••

Gainesville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Gainesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gainesville News, Events & Info