GISD picks new superintendent

Board members announced Dr. Jeff Brasher as the lone finalist for Gainesville ISD's superintendent seat during a Tuesday meeting. Full Story
Former Gainesvillain

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2011
Good luck Dr. Brasher.... you are definitely going to need it!!!
agree

Gainesville, TX

#2 Apr 2, 2011
He needs lots of luck with the current board in place. Two incumbents are no longer running, good news. voters need to get will presson out as well. He voted to extend gravitts contract and now we have to pay $120000 for him to sit and do nothing! Vote!
Seriously

Gainesville, TX

#3 Apr 2, 2011
I have a feeling you're being paid to sit and do not much of anything yourself. Well, except getting fatter. Go on a diet, it will make you look and feel better!
Present Gainesvillain

Gainesville, TX

#4 Apr 2, 2011
By the way, any superintendent in Lewisville will need just as much luck. Afterall, it's even wetter in Lewisville... Bahahaha...
Former Gainesvillain

Canton, TX

#5 Apr 4, 2011
It is good news that incumbents are not running. However, Phil and the Book Club still run the show. If the new supe is wise he will take his orders from Phil and his cronies, keep his mouth shut and do what he is told. Not really a leadership position but it is a job.
Observer

Katy, TX

#6 Apr 11, 2011
Interesting comments. It appears that the position of Superintendent of Schools in Gainesville, Texas is not a fun ride. It looks like the old super was "asked to leave" and then paid an unreasonable sum of money to do so - especially when schools are taking such drastic budget cuts! Any reasons why this place is so unstable? If this is the case then why did the new guy want the job?
crazy place

Gainesville, TX

#7 Apr 12, 2011
The new guy probably has no idea what he is getting into. The problem used to be an out of control group of female directors that did pretty much whatever they wanted, to whomever they wanted without any accountability for their actions. The ring leader was forced to resign in dec so hopefully that problem is solved. The school board has a really bad reputation right now, this new guy needs prayers for sure. Who besides Phil is a member of the book club?
current gainesvilleite

Gainesville, TX

#8 Apr 12, 2011
what is this mystirious "book club" i keep hearing about, and how can i join, i love reading.
crazy place

Gainesville, TX

#9 Apr 13, 2011
Read 'forces of evil in heavenly places' post made to this site on dec 10, it explains the book club.
current gainesvilleite

Gainesville, TX

#10 Apr 13, 2011
Its very assumptive of you to decide Adams dosent want hispanics and AAs in school. I read that news article and took from it that they didnt care to have troublemakers in school, be they blacks, whites and hispanics. No one wants to malcontents of any race to disrupt school, no matter what their race. I think there is too much smalltown paranoia floating around here, there is no great conspirassy, just a school district run by clowns and bafoons. They dont know what they're doing, kind of the blind leading the blind. How else could you explain paying 2 sups to do the job of 1?
GISD parent

Gainesville, TX

#11 Apr 20, 2011
The clowns and baffoons who run this district need to be voted out. They were overheard from a reliable source saying that "there was no way in hell that the leopard soccer team would be the first team to play in the new football stadium", consequently they delayed completion of the stadium til after soccer season was over.
Former Gainesvillain

United States

#12 Apr 23, 2011
The Book Club is real and the only thing they read are income statements and balance sheets. They do what they want with the education system and don't worry much about the consequences. Besides, there isn't much blowback from the community as most of those who value education send their kids elsewhere (Linda, Callisburg, St. Mary's.)
Former Gainesvillain

United States

#13 Apr 23, 2011
That should be Lindsay.
taxpayer

Gainesville, TX

#14 Aug 5, 2011
I wonder if the new super realizes yet that he has the board from hell? Lol
Former Gainesvillain

United States

#15 Aug 24, 2011
Oh yeah! I'm sure he does by now. Let's see, the new super gets to deal with all of the pressure from Adams and his "boys"; alternate pressure from Rosenberg (a former supe) and his supporters; Gravitt (most immediate former supe) still on the public dole; a new, more rigorous state test; an unacceptable high school (here we go again!); almost all administrators new to their positions; and the worst education funding crisis in years. I give him one year - two tops!
Former Gainesvillain

United States

#16 Aug 24, 2011
Oh yeah! I'm sure he does by now. Let's see, the new super gets to deal with all of the pressure from Adams and his "boys"; alternate pressure from Rosenberg (a former supe) and his supporters; Gravitt (most immediate former supe) still on the public dole; a new, more rigorous state test; an unacceptable high school (here we go again!); almost all administrators new to their positions; and the worst education funding crisis in years. He might want to keep a good relationship with that search firm that found him.
Dummies

Gainesville, TX

#17 Sep 7, 2011
He must not be very bright, he assigned paula moore to be HR director! What a joke! She once invited a fellow director out to lunch to get her out of the building so that her sidekick cindy tatum could nose around her office looking for a way to get rid of her! Now she is hr? They should have asked for her resignation along with tatum & gravitt and cleaned house.
gvillite

Gainesville, TX

#18 Nov 27, 2011
Getting rid of gravitt & tatum was the BEST thing our board of trustees ever did!
okyy

Camden, AR

#20 Nov 28, 2011
..fg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 min ISIS 18,439
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 5 hr Liberal forever 22,591
stealing (Nov '10) Wed Kim 2
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
Who Murdered Barry Pruitt ? (Mar '10) Sep 10 Brw 8
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
•••

Gainesville News Video

•••
•••

Gainesville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Gainesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Gainesville News, Events & Info