Gainesville man dies in house fire

Gainesville man dies in house fire

There are 522 comments on the KXII-TV Sherman story from Jan 13, 2009, titled Gainesville man dies in house fire. In it, KXII-TV Sherman reports that:

GAINESVILLE, Tex. a * A Gainesville man is dead after a house fire in Cooke County over the weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXII-TV Sherman.

Mother

Garland, TX

#63 Sep 24, 2009
u know wrote:
Ok Patty, lets turn the this around ...What if it where Brooks who was murdered and the only person to come out of the house alive was carla and you find out she had nothing wrong with her now smoke in her lungs nothing...AND YOU SIT THERE AND SAY GET A LIFE WELL EXCUSE SOME OF US BUT THAT WAS TOOKIN AWAY UNFAIRLY AT THE HANDS OF ANOTHER...WHEN YOUVE WALKED THAT MILE AND FELT THAT PAIN THEN CHECK BACK IN AND TELL US HOW IT FEELS...ooH AND CARLA WHAT IS SHE MESSING UP YOU AFRAID SHE MIGHT SAY SOMETHING TO MESS YOUR STORY UP
I have felt that pain!!!!!!!I have lost two.So dont tell me about pain!!!!!!!ANY LIFE TAKEN IS PAINFUL REGARDLESS OF HOW IS WAS TAKEN.
wondering

Oklahoma City, OK

#64 Sep 27, 2009
how do you know carla didn't have smoke in her lungs...? and what does that have to do with it. She woke up in the living room and barry was in his bedroom where the fire was...so why would carla have smoke in her lungs??? Carlye didn't have smoke in her lungs?? Please tell me how you know carla did not have smoke in her lungs...I'll be waiting.....
waiting

Oklahoma City, OK

#65 Sep 27, 2009
your all so quick to point fingers and you've made comments about how wonderful the police and texas rangers are handeling the investigation. WHAT INVESTIGATION!!! you all want to assume that carla knows what happened. How do you know carla knows what happened??? I bet you didn't know the tip line in Denton didn't have a clue about barry's death. That's right, a month after ya'll started putting posters out with the denton hot line number on it, someone called it and they told them that you would have to call cooke county to give your tips. They even asked there supervisor and was told the same thing. I also will share with you a TIP that has gone no-where!!! I have talked personally with the law concerning some issues that connected barry with a man that could have in fact lead to an arrest. Guess what! they are not concerned at this time. It seems to me instead of having a reward out there you should use your money for a private eye!! Everyone wants to know what happened to Barry, including Carla and her family. Maybe if you wern't so quick to point fingers, ya'll could all work together. If the tip I know about pans out,(probably if you get a PI; don't think the police will get involved) and you see that Carla is innocent, look at all the appoligies you owe!!! and if I were Carla, and what you've said to her, and about her, It would be a cold day in hell before I forgave any of you!! Keep that in mind when this is over and Carlye finds out what kind of Christian (forgiving, non-judgemental) people you really are!
u know

Mccoy, CO

#66 Sep 27, 2009
YOUR RIGHT INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY....even if u fail a lie dector and she did you can believe what you want on that one and if your family i understand you will blood is thicker then water....
Wondering

Ashburn, VA

#67 Sep 27, 2009
U Know seems to know so much.Cant post your real name though!You seem to know that carla failed the lie dector test so you must be close to her.Carla i would say to you watch your friends!I dont think anyone shoud point the finger at anyone.My guess the out come will be someone none of you know!You people just dont have anything better to do in life.I would hate to be yall!!!!!!!!!"BORED in LIFE"
By stander

Whitesboro, TX

#68 Sep 27, 2009
I am an outsider looking in at this story. I have read above there could have been a hundred different things that could have happened but what is funny is that not even one has been listed. And a comment to the person about her and her family wanting the answer. Why instead of hiring a lawyer, to defend yourself, why not hire a private investigator. How can they work together when one has a lawyer and nobody else has one. That automatically puts the two groups of people on opposite sides. So if you are really innocent get rid of the lawyer and work together. The way I have always looked at it was if I was guilty then and only then would I need a lawyer. If I am not guilty of anything why in the world would I need someone to defend me from NOTHING. See the point is if I am innocent why would I need to hide behind an attorney. Maybe some one could fill me in on what really happened this is very interesting.
Casey

Ardmore, OK

#69 Sep 28, 2009
I only have afew things to say 1. Carla did not write that last post. She is trying to get the website to prove that for ya'll. We don't know who did it, but they will be caught! 2. My sister did pass the lie detector test...call and ask her lawyer. 3. She got a lawyer because the cops suggested she did!!! and according to any American in the country that I've talked to, if your being accused of something....get a lawyer. Other then that, she has been cooperative with anything the cops want to know! 4. She did NOT kill Barry and she does not know who did or how he died. So now you can have a nice day!
Rock - Roll

Waco, TX

#70 Sep 28, 2009
???
I wonder who really did this, the maid or the yard man or boyfriend maybe. The guilty parties here need to go ahead and fess up and take the tremendous burden of guilt off their shoulders , you know the people that did this most likely read theses comments. That way they know when to run to their rat hole. After reading all the comments I think I know who did it.
Wondering

Ashburn, VA

#71 Sep 28, 2009
Rock - Roll wrote:
???
I wonder who really did this, the maid or the yard man or boyfriend maybe. The guilty parties here need to go ahead and fess up and take the tremendous burden of guilt off their shoulders , you know the people that did this most likely read theses comments. That way they know when to run to their rat hole. After reading all the comments I think I know who did it.
Well smart one you seem to know who did it so why dont you let someone know?I dont think there was a maid,A yard man or for that fact nor a boyfriend at the time!In fact if you know that there was a maid,yard man or boyfriend then you must know more then you should.??????
god

Arlington, TX

#72 Sep 29, 2009
u knw wrote:
<quoted text>Crack no sweetheart im not on crack and no my imaginations not running wild.. didnt u call barry on new yrs eve to pick u up because of brooks the only reason he did was because of carlye and the fact that he felt like he owed it to carlye to help u..
is that right, well it wasnt new years eve "sweetheart" it was christmas night barry came and got her, so are you sure you dont smoke crack? Wow this really just proves how little you people know.
god

Arlington, TX

#73 Sep 29, 2009
By stander wrote:
I am an outsider looking in at this story. I have read above there could have been a hundred different things that could have happened but what is funny is that not even one has been listed. And a comment to the person about her and her family wanting the answer. Why instead of hiring a lawyer, to defend yourself, why not hire a private investigator. How can they work together when one has a lawyer and nobody else has one. That automatically puts the two groups of people on opposite sides. So if you are really innocent get rid of the lawyer and work together. The way I have always looked at it was if I was guilty then and only then would I need a lawyer. If I am not guilty of anything why in the world would I need someone to defend me from NOTHING. See the point is if I am innocent why would I need to hide behind an attorney. Maybe some one could fill me in on what really happened this is very interesting.
Well " by Stander" you obivously havent been to this screwed up little crooked town then have you?
his girlfriend

Sherman, TX

#74 Sep 29, 2009
id like to tell eveyone first of all im as honest as they get i dont care who knows it may get me some hell for this but im going to say what i need to say i would like to say i know alot well i mean a whole ive dont my own work on this and over heard so much and i know way to much then i should on this ive put together all the right infom and thrown out all the lies i have my own leads and im sad to say i feel this way about someone/something but in life you do whats right im going to figure this i dont know how soon but i know enough already and it would blow your minds im thats person thats in the crowd but knows everyone and hears everything my family knows carla well and her friends and family and i know brooks himself day to day and his family and friends and it all just gos from there so im just telling everyone to think and stop pointing fingers when you already know all your answers now take action!!!!!
his girlfriend

Sherman, TX

#75 Sep 29, 2009
i was typing way to fast if you dont get what im saying just ask me i have nothing to hide im here to help /help tell the truth
Rock - Roll

Waco, TX

#76 Sep 29, 2009
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Well smart one you seem to know who did it so why dont you let someone know?I dont think there was a maid,A yard man or for that fact nor a boyfriend at the time!In fact if you know that there was a maid,yard man or boyfriend then you must know more then you should.??????
Well then if it's not the maid botfriend,yard man and everybody else denies any part in the killing then it must be an act of God???? What do you think??? I still have my opinion.
gainesville

Sherman, TX

#77 Sep 29, 2009
BROOKS IS A NO GOOD PIECE OF SHIT.AND IF I SEE HIM AGAIN,NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO RECONIZE HIM ANY MORE.COUNT ON IT.BROOKS MOTHER YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO THIS IS
mother

Ashburn, VA

#78 Sep 29, 2009
gainesville wrote:
BROOKS IS A NO GOOD PIECE OF SHIT.AND IF I SEE HIM AGAIN,NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO RECONIZE HIM ANY MORE.COUNT ON IT.BROOKS MOTHER YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO THIS IS
No! I dont know who you are."But"I would say that you have made a threat on my sons life!!!!!!So why dont you say who you are?You say i know who you are so why dont you tell me who you are!
Brooks

United States

#79 Sep 29, 2009
This is Brooks and if anyone saying bad Shit about me on this blog wants to continue talking shit about me or threatening my family or me Call me why don't you or are you scared. I will find out who you are and I will take legal action against you and you will sit in jail the rest of your life for a terroristic threat. And the police will trace this blog and find out where you are and where you wrote it from. Have a nice night grow up and get a life and start living it right. Later losers
clc

Arlington, TX

#80 Sep 30, 2009
his girlfriend wrote:
i was typing way to fast if you dont get what im saying just ask me i have nothing to hide im here to help /help tell the truth
I dont understand, are you saying you know who did it? or you know someone who may know somthing? If that is the case, what are you waiting on? Please tell someone, call the tip line.. please do somthing. There are people's lives being ruined!! There is a little girl who lost her dad. She knows he was killed but she doesnt know why!! Please let Barry have some justice. He was always so giving to everyone he knew, please help him and me and Carlye!!! Im begging you, if you know somthing please dont sit on it, call someone, please!!
clc

Arlington, TX

#81 Sep 30, 2009
I think everyone in this town are chickens. Who are you scared of. Just pick up the phone and call. Dosn't this town believe in JUSTICE. Trun them in.
Rock - Roll

Waco, TX

#82 Sep 30, 2009
clc wrote:
I think everyone in this town are chickens. Who are you scared of. Just pick up the phone and call. Dosn't this town believe in JUSTICE. Trun them in.
No!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where does the tax money go in this town (Dec '08) Jul 8 Consequences 3
Criminal defense lawyers Jul 8 Truth 4
James Robert Dodson Apr '17 YouKnowMe 1
Robert Earle Merritt aka Bobby Feb '17 Facts 1
Germanfest sponsored by the Muenster Tx Chamber... (Apr '16) Jan '17 Crazy guy 3
Wifes who cheated (Aug '12) Sep '16 David French fries 3
larii collazo (Jul '16) Aug '16 tu rodia 2

Gainesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages