Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mil...

Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

6,421 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

old school

Kansas City, KS

#6749 Jul 29, 2012
curious george wrote:
<quoted text>The Dept of Ag has hired lots of new inspectaors that are idiots. They are picking at animal shelters and rescues over really stupid things. THe bill is so vague that they can take any way they want. It needs to be redone now that the people in Kansas City and St Louis got it to pass, us dumb country folks knew better than to vote yes. There were already laws for the breeders and shelters but now they are really nit picking. All the breeders and shelters need to get together and get some proper wording in the bill. However, we are dealing with lawyers etc. and they like things to be vague.
google AKC,read what they have to say about prop b and the new rules.
interested

Saint Charles, MO

#6750 Aug 9, 2012
What were the results of this bill
disgusted

Foristell, MO

#6751 Aug 10, 2012
adopted your pets from a humane society. puppy mills are cruel.
Happy

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#6752 Aug 10, 2012
I am very happy that P.A.L.S and fox 2 news took down the fake animal rescue and dog breeding grounds formaly in Silex. They were all about the money. Those are bad people and I hope bad things happen to them. I looked on craigs list under pets and saw someone in silex is selling 30 dog pens, looks like another puppy mill or maybe it is just those other jerks selling their crap. Hope PALS is on top of this puppy mill too! Thanks and please keep up the good work.
att

Ozark, MO

#6753 Aug 10, 2012
Happy wrote:
I am very happy that P.A.L.S and fox 2 news took down the fake animal rescue and dog breeding grounds formaly in Silex. They were all about the money. Those are bad people and I hope bad things happen to them. I looked on craigs list under pets and saw someone in silex is selling 30 dog pens, looks like another puppy mill or maybe it is just those other jerks selling their crap. Hope PALS is on top of this puppy mill too! Thanks and please keep up the good work.
who cares/ shoot the dogs/we have homeless people and unwanted children in our nation and you worry about a stupid dog/lets save the cows too! then we will not only be homeless, but we will starve to death dumb @$$!
oh yea

Jackson, MO

#6754 Aug 10, 2012
NO MORE LAWS!!!!Do you know that we have so many laws on the books that noone can go though a day with out breaking a law?We are lawing ourselves into a box.Like a prison.REPEAL LAWS DON'T MAKE MORE!!!!!!!!!!
oh yea

Jackson, MO

#6755 Aug 10, 2012
There are people staving and homeless all over the world and people are worried about the animals.wtf?
jjj

Jefferson City, MO

#6756 Aug 11, 2012
what the heck
Curious George

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6757 Aug 11, 2012
oh yea wrote:
There are people staving and homeless all over the world and people are worried about the animals.wtf?
People can think and do for themselves . Animals can not, if more people would spay/neter their pets there would not be so many homless animals. Come to think of it there are a lot of people that should be spayed and neutered also.
aur56

Monett, MO

#6758 Aug 11, 2012
As long as you keep animals in cages and refuse to take care of them,then this will never go away.A dog or cat left in a small filthy space can't feed itself. Can't clean it's own space, can't water itself. Spay and nueter your pets. STOP buying pets from pet stores...
Moonbabe

Bonnots Mill, MO

#6759 Aug 14, 2012
The new state inspectors know nothing, they have little common sense. Since the new regs were passed. MODA has given several breeders problems a long with two rescues I know personally. The breeders and rescues need to stand together if they want to keep their licenses !!!
Boo

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6760 Aug 15, 2012
Moonbabe wrote:
The new state inspectors know nothing, they have little common sense. Since the new regs were passed. MODA has given several breeders problems a long with two rescues I know personally. The breeders and rescues need to stand together if they want to keep their licenses !!!
I agraee that rescues and breeders need to get together. Several have been having meetings here in Mo. A coule of State Reps. have made some good suggestions. Contact [email protected] for information
sara

United States

#6761 Aug 15, 2012
oh yea wrote:
Who the hell died and made you and "att" God? Your life is worth no more and no less than any other living thing.
aur56

Monett, MO

#6762 Aug 15, 2012
People can get off their butts and feed themselves. Yea, they can get a job, any job is better than no job.Animals are stuck with us taking care of them, they trust us to feed them, house them,get them vet care. People can fend for themselves ,animals can't...Until WE take better care of our dogs/cats we will have to have laws to stop the puppy mills/lousy breeders of dogs.OH, to OH Yea... I can't imagine you doing a whole lot to help all the people your whining about starving and homeless.
Disagree

Edwards, MO

#6763 Aug 15, 2012
aur56 wrote:
People can get off their butts and feed themselves. Yea, they can get a job, any job is better than no job.Animals are stuck with us taking care of them, they trust us to feed them, house them,get them vet care. People can fend for themselves ,animals can't...Until WE take better care of our dogs/cats we will have to have laws to stop the puppy mills/lousy breeders of dogs.OH, to OH Yea... I can't imagine you doing a whole lot to help all the people your whining about starving and homeless.
Animals can fend for themselves in the wild, people domesticated them. If they are left alone long enough their instincts take over and they search out their own food and water. People on the other hand do not have animal instincts and have to be thought how to hunt and feed themselves in the wild. Unless, you count the CHIMPS in the GHETTO their natural instinct is to rob and steal from the whiteman, as well as rob and rape each other.
Teacher

Warren, MI

#6764 Aug 15, 2012
fallen19 wrote:
I will vote No cause it is a stupid bill. My dad has a kennel that he takes very good care of the dogs he has in it. They already have laws that should be enforced by the government and police instead of adding more to it.
You are nuts! Vote yes!!! Do you really think everyone takes care of their dogs like your father? Maybe your your idea of great
care is not the same and as humane as the law wants.
The puppy mill dog NEVER is taken care of as well as it should be.
I feel these mills should be abolished totally and completely, period!
For those of you who don't agree, then go live in a cage your whole life and get treated as these poor animals do until you die in pain or are killed.

God did not intend for animals to live like these poor dogs do.
Shame on anyone who profits from a puppy mill. On judgement day you will all pay for your treatment of these animals.
Furific

United States

#6765 Aug 15, 2012
Puppies make great coats
Moonbabe

Fulton, MO

#6766 Aug 15, 2012
Teacher, prop B was voting on quite a while ago. The only thing that needs to be done is tweaking the new regs more. Breeders and rescues are having a lot of $ problems caused by the new regs & inexperienced state inspectors. As I stated before there will be NO rescues or breeders in the state if we do not stand together !!!
Real Time

Wentzville, MO

#6767 Aug 16, 2012
Moonbabe wrote:
Teacher, prop B was voting on quite a while ago. The only thing that needs to be done is tweaking the new regs more. Breeders and rescues are having a lot of $ problems caused by the new regs & inexperienced state inspectors. As I stated before there will be NO rescues or breeders in the state if we do not stand together !!!
Then help get some fool proof laws in, or you can just get a real job. Ooops, sorry did not mean to scare you.
Dogs Rule

Bonnots Mill, MO

#6768 Aug 16, 2012
Moonbabe I do understand ...you keep mentioning rescues, I'm guessing your part of one? If you & other rescue people are willing to fight along with us...consider attending a MPBA meeting or contacting Barb York . You could also email state reps and voice concerns. If none of that works Gov Nixon needs to go, Hagler does hold appointed postion...that is the only way to get Hagler out of the MODA office. Several of us is voting against Nixon since he screwed everyone with SB161 ! Its time for the rescues to take a stand as well or shut up. Remeber license fees and per capa was raised on you folks as well. Also Real Time ... several people have jobs in town and help with rescues or own kennels. Besides that what do you call a real job ? Nothing pays good in this area anyways. I went from making over $1,000 weekly 10 years ago when I moved here went to makin $300.00. Sorry I'd rather run my kennel then depend on goverment hand outs as that is NOT enough to support a family. I have children to put through college. So you keep getting assistance and I'll cash my checks !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theodosia bi 18 hr hey87 2
Udaul Dock (Jun '14) May 4 grave digger 3
Antlers package? Apr 30 ydoilivehere00 1
Jason Perkins Apr 29 grave digger 5
the tooth fairy (Jan '15) Apr 27 angel 3
haunted places Apr 21 hey87 1
Civil Attorney Apr 12 Ava resident 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages