No arrests in two reported rapes at L...

No arrests in two reported rapes at Laurelwood Hospital

There are 38 comments on the www.gainesvilletimes.com story from Jan 16, 2009, titled No arrests in two reported rapes at Laurelwood Hospital. In it, www.gainesvilletimes.com reports that:

No arrests have been made in the investigation of two reported rapes at the Laurelwood Hospital mental health residential center alleged to have occurred last weekend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.gainesvilletimes.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

#1 Jan 16, 2009
This seems to be a trend at this place. This is at least the fifth incident like this at Laurelwood in the last 4 years. For a facility as small as it is, and to have the surveilance they claim to have, 5 rapes in four years is kind of ridiculous.

“Compromise yourself for no one”

Since: Dec 06

Cajun Country

#2 Jan 17, 2009
Just ONE rape in 100 years is ridiculous!

DUB

North East Ga

#3 Jan 17, 2009
I agree, however if one rape had ever been reported in this facility, or if there had been 2 or three in 25 years, maybe. but at least 5 in 4 years. come on, the last time this was in the paper was 6 months ago from two rapes last year. maybe Laurelwood should watch the folks in the nut house a little closer.
clermont

United States

#4 Jan 18, 2009
most of these people are not nuts

DUB

North East Ga

#5 Jan 18, 2009
Right, people go to a mental health, drug rehab program because they are perfectly sane?
clermont

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2009
thank you
Jackson

Mableton, GA

#7 Jan 22, 2009
I wouldn't send a dog to Laurelwood. If you have a family member that needs mental help, please love them enough to send them to professionals in Atlanta. But NEVER consider Laurelwood.
clermont

United States

#8 Jan 28, 2009
dub must have been thair him self

DUB

North East Ga

#9 Jan 28, 2009
looking for clermont. but found you had escaped to topix.
Hello

Newnan, GA

#10 Jan 28, 2009
clermont wrote:
dub must have been thair him self
I agree!

DUB

North East Ga

#11 Jan 28, 2009
So the two of you think this because I disapprove of rape, or I disapprove of the rapes at Laurelwood, or because I believe that there are entirleytwo many rapes at one facility to call them isolated incidents that the facility is somewhat responsible for.

Gainesville, GA

#12 Jan 29, 2009
DUB wrote:
So the two of you think this because I disapprove of rape, or I disapprove of the rapes at Laurelwood, or because I believe that there are entirleytwo many rapes at one facility to call them isolated incidents that the facility is somewhat responsible for.
Does the word "allegation" mean anything to you? You may wanna look up the word sometime. For instance, once could allege that you're an idiot. It doesn't necessarily make it true.
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#13 Jan 29, 2009
let me guess,most of the staff are minorities.
Hello

Newnan, GA

#14 Jan 29, 2009
DUB wrote:
Nope you just seem to have spent time there before thats all.Nothing sinister!

Cajun Country

#15 Jan 29, 2009
Lonewolf wrote:
let me guess,most of the staff are minorities.
And this means what?

DUB

North East Ga

#16 Jan 30, 2009
Hello wrote:
<quoted text> Nope you just seem to have spent time there before thats all.Nothing sinister!
Ok?

DUB

North East Ga

#17 Jan 30, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the word "allegation" mean anything to you? You may wanna look up the word sometime. For instance, once could allege that you're an idiot. It doesn't necessarily make it true.
What allegation? three of the last five were confirmed with arrest, confession, and convictions. now we have an arrest in one of these rapes. What do you believe the "allegations are".
clermont

United States

#18 Feb 1, 2009
i am back
Ruger

Houma, LA

#19 Feb 1, 2009
aLifeUncommon wrote:
<quoted text>
And this means what?
Hey darlin', are you still working at that drug store in Buford?

Cajun Country

#20 Feb 1, 2009
Ruger wrote:
<quoted text>Hey darlin', are you still working at that drug store in Buford?
You must have me confused with someone else. I've never worked at a pharmacy and I do not work in Buford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
animals being shot and poisoned (Jul '12) May 16 aunt eye dawgfite 9
News Red Rabbit incrasing service along Jesse Jewell... (Sep '10) May 15 Elvish transliter... 3
News Ginger Ann McMichen Wellham Apr '18 hmm 5
Patriot Pumpers Apr '18 Dookie Bomb 3
Brittany Dockery Abused Her Child Apr '18 Child Welfare Con... 1
dfcs Mar '18 LincolnNoMore 1
are there any good swingers groups in gainesvil... (Aug '09) Mar '18 Str8krazy1967 36

Gainesville Jobs

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages