One dead, two wounded in overnight Ga...

One dead, two wounded in overnight Gainesville shootings.

There are 16 comments on the WDUN-AM Gainesville story from Oct 6, 2009, titled One dead, two wounded in overnight Gainesville shootings.. In it, WDUN-AM Gainesville reports that:

Both shootings occurred within two hours of each other on Gainesville's Southside.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDUN-AM Gainesville.

Since: Sep 09

Flowery Branch, GA

#1 Oct 6, 2009
Rest in peace Keem and Chris keep your head up nephew. We all make mistakes in life the key thing is to learn from them and try to help people from making the same mistakes that you did. I know that you will probably get life in prison but that do not mean that your life is over. Learn while you are in their and teach to younger people who are to go to prison later on in their life. Teach them how to be better mean and how to avoid those costly mistakes. I will let your daughter know the real Chris her real daddy and not the man that made that costly mistake in his life. And to the Hall family you all are in mine and my family thoughts, hearts, and prayers. As I hope that you keep my family in yours.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

#2 Oct 7, 2009
Oh boo hoo, let's all feel sorry for the poor murdering scum and throw a little prayer to the dead guy's family. How about this, let's all feel sick that this scum will get to live for years on our tax dollars and a man lost his life for nothing more than greed and crime. Let's all pray for justice for the deceased and closure for his family. How about that for a try. People who continue to excuse this criminal element as poor mistaken souls deserve the crime and pain it brings.
And for what it's worth, Chris Slaughter was anything but innocent and this was far from his first mistake.....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sportshype

Gainesville, GA

#3 Oct 8, 2009
Sports hype don't make me expose youl
Sportshype

Gainesville, GA

#4 Oct 8, 2009
*you*

Flowery Branch, GA

#6 Oct 9, 2009
DUB wrote:
Oh boo hoo, let's all feel sorry for the poor murdering scum and throw a little prayer to the dead guy's family. How about this, let's all feel sick that this scum will get to live for years on our tax dollars and a man lost his life for nothing more than greed and crime. Let's all pray for justice for the deceased and closure for his family. How about that for a try. People who continue to excuse this criminal element as poor mistaken souls deserve the crime and pain it brings.
And for what it's worth, Chris Slaughter was anything but innocent and this was far from his first mistake.....
Do you even know Chris because for some odd reason I seriously doubt it. I admit Chris made a huge mistake for which he will spend the rest of his life behind prison walls. And how awful the crime was I will be the first to tell you that it was not the way that the papers said it was. But that is for the judge and court room to hear and not you. I will not shame Aikeem's name by going into detail of what Chris said really happened that night and he do take full responsibility for his actions. Now like I said before I feel sorry for his family because they lost a son, brother, cousin, and uncle in that one night when he died. But I will tell you this DUB two wrongs do not make a right let the courts decide what is fair for my nephew and after he explains what happened I am sure that he'll get life and that's all. By the way if you have ever lost someone to the grave and/or to prison in this manner which I have now lost someone both ways you would not speak the way that you speak.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

DUB

North East Ga

#7 Oct 10, 2009
Craig-M wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know Chris because for some odd reason I seriously doubt it. I admit Chris made a huge mistake for which he will spend the rest of his life behind prison walls. And how awful the crime was I will be the first to tell you that it was not the way that the papers said it was. But that is for the judge and court room to hear and not you. I will not shame Aikeem's name by going into detail of what Chris said really happened that night and he do take full responsibility for his actions. Now like I said before I feel sorry for his family because they lost a son, brother, cousin, and uncle in that one night when he died. But I will tell you this DUB two wrongs do not make a right let the courts decide what is fair for my nephew and after he explains what happened I am sure that he'll get life and that's all. By the way if you have ever lost someone to the grave and/or to prison in this manner which I have now lost someone both ways you would not speak the way that you speak.
I don't have to know Chris to be able to read about him. His criminal history is public record and his "mistakes" are well documented. In this case I would say let the jury decide and let the judge rule, but he admitted to the murder and from what I have heard the reason is a little less than honorable. And two wrongs do not make a right, however putting Chris away would not be a wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Chestnut Mountain, GA

#8 Oct 10, 2009
DUB wrote:
<quoted text> I don't have to know Chris to be able to read about him. His criminal history is public record and his "mistakes" are well documented. In this case I would say let the jury decide and let the judge rule, but he admitted to the murder and from what I have heard the reason is a little less than honorable. And two wrongs do not make a right, however putting Chris away would not be a wrong.
I didn't say that putting Chris away in prison for life would be wrong because that is the law but killing him would be. Plus all of Chris's charges in the past was all as a minor. Not only was they all minor but only one of them was not running it was a weed charge. The rest of them was for him just running away from home because his momma would not let him hang out with these nuckleheads that he called friends running around in the streets. And I know you said boohoo for little ol' Chris but people should feel sorry for him and pray for him. And not just for him to be put away for life but for him to learn from his mistake and is able to teach young people going down the same road that he is going down how to get off of that road so that they can change for the better than the worst.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

DUB

North East Ga

#9 Oct 10, 2009
Craig-M wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that putting Chris away in prison for life would be wrong because that is the law but killing him would be. Plus all of Chris's charges in the past was all as a minor. Not only was they all minor but only one of them was not running it was a weed charge. The rest of them was for him just running away from home because his momma would not let him hang out with these nuckleheads that he called friends running around in the streets. And I know you said boohoo for little ol' Chris but people should feel sorry for him and pray for him. And not just for him to be put away for life but for him to learn from his mistake and is able to teach young people going down the same road that he is going down how to get off of that road so that they can change for the better than the worst.
Why? Why spend money for the next fifty or more years to support him? What has he done to deserve pity, support, or forgiveness? What can he offer others, except to stand as an example of where being a drain on society will send you? And unless you read something else, I never said anything about killing him. I asked for justice and closure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Gainesville, GA

#10 Oct 10, 2009
DUB wrote:
<quoted text> Why? Why spend money for the next fifty or more years to support him? What has he done to deserve pity, support, or forgiveness? What can he offer others, except to stand as an example of where being a drain on society will send you? And unless you read something else, I never said anything about killing him. I asked for justice and closure.
Have you ever made mistakes in live DUB which I'm sure that you have but have you made really big mistakes that would or have sent you to jail or prison. Not everybody in there is bad people some of them just made dumb mistakes. What Chris did was wrong and he deserves to be punished for that but all in all what he did was just a mistake. I spoke to him today and I asked him why? I asked him why did he have a gun in the first place and if he had a beef with the boy why didn't he do it like grown ups a just talk it out or if he had to just fight him. He said that Aikeem was going around saying things like robbing him and jumping him so he went and got a gun to protect his self. He said that he regret what happened and he is having nightmares about it every since. He said that he was scared and before he even thought about anything or realized it he had pulled out the gun and shot him when Aikeem got up close to him. I told him no matter how or why you did it that he was going to prison. But after hearing what he had said I told him to get his lawyer to try to push for manslaughter and not murder. I also told him that best case scenario he will do at the least 10 years before parole even look at you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

DUB

North East Ga

#11 Oct 10, 2009
Craig-M wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever made mistakes in live DUB which I'm sure that you have but have you made really big mistakes that would or have sent you to jail or prison. Not everybody in there is bad people some of them just made dumb mistakes. What Chris did was wrong and he deserves to be punished for that but all in all what he did was just a mistake. I spoke to him today and I asked him why? I asked him why did he have a gun in the first place and if he had a beef with the boy why didn't he do it like grown ups a just talk it out or if he had to just fight him. He said that Aikeem was going around saying things like robbing him and jumping him so he went and got a gun to protect his self. He said that he regret what happened and he is having nightmares about it every since. He said that he was scared and before he even thought about anything or realized it he had pulled out the gun and shot him when Aikeem got up close to him. I told him no matter how or why you did it that he was going to prison. But after hearing what he had said I told him to get his lawyer to try to push for manslaughter and not murder. I also told him that best case scenario he will do at the least 10 years before parole even look at you.
Again, you are now making excuses for him doing what he did. At some point you and those like you will have to ask criminals to take responsibility for what they do..... Because the only person who makes people commit crimes, is the person committing the crime.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BoBo

Littleton, NH

#12 Oct 24, 2009
Craig-M, u know who this is BOBO, i am so shocked to find out just now about Chris. WHat people do not relaize is that along with the Chris life's his family is also destroyed by that. Meaning that he have a younger brother and older sister, let alone his niece. WHether or not he get a life sentence or death sentence his family will have that too. I know that on the other hand the victim's family will go under the same thing if not more. Craig I wanna thank you for sticking up for your nephew. For what it is worth. A Big Thumbs Up.
Sincere,
BoBO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
God Bless America

Atlanta, GA

#13 Nov 4, 2009
Dub's a racist douchebag! Dub is too busy tossing salad to know what he is posting about. He just loves to troll this board and post his ridiculous spam! He lives with his mom and has no social life!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

DUB

North East Ga

#14 Nov 4, 2009
God Bless America wrote:
Dub's a racist douchebag! Dub is too busy tossing salad to know what he is posting about. He just loves to troll this board and post his ridiculous spam! He lives with his mom and has no social life!
Seems your the one trolling, and using several screen names So sad. Like I told you earlier, find a racist post, find one instance where I excused anyone or condemned anyone based on race. You can't. However it seems your prejudiced to certain groups.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dub get a life

Coosa, GA

#15 Nov 5, 2009
Quit trolling and spamming the board, Dub. You are this board's biggest lying fool! Get a life dimwit!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

DUB

North East Ga

#16 Nov 5, 2009
Dub get a life wrote:
Quit trolling and spamming the board, Dub. You are this board's biggest lying fool! Get a life dimwit!
First, you have failed to prove any thing I have said is a lie. But you have. Second, seems like you have less of a life than I do, as you continue to troll for my post and comment. You need a life.
jasmine

Monroe, GA

#17 Dec 9, 2011
It's not for you to judge that's God doing but God is a forgiving God and everybody make mistakes but no this only thing Chris need to Do is ask God for forgivingness and he is good in Gods eyes. But that don't give you the right to judge anybody who are you you're not perfect. this to Dub

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ginger Ann McMichen Wellham Tue hmm 5
Patriot Pumpers Apr 16 Dookie Bomb 3
Brittany Dockery Abused Her Child Apr 9 Child Welfare Con... 1
dfcs Mar 27 LincolnNoMore 1
are there any good swingers groups in gainesvil... (Aug '09) Mar 23 Str8krazy1967 36
gangs in gainesville,ga? (Apr '06) Mar '18 Kopi67 330
Hall County School System Feb '18 Max 2

Gainesville Jobs

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages