Aggresive Flowery Branch police
ga peach

Roswell, GA

#42 Mar 8, 2012
michael wrote:
received a traffic ticket flowery branch 40-6-140. cop says he was watching for people running a redlight, when he noticed i proceeded through a railroad crossing, and the arms started coming down. i did not notice the arms coming down at all. in georgia the average fine is about $120 for this offense. IN FLOWERY BRANCH, THE FINE IS $750.
i respect the officer but feels he made a judgement error. we all see people speeding to avoid the arms of a track, but if you are completly through the track and the arms fold, you should not receive a ticket, especially a fine that is almost the maximum georgia allows.
flowery branch is a small town, and almost corrupt the way that tickets are fined. compare other cities and their fines and make your own decision. the small town is a money making machine!!! police are doing their jobs as instructed, but the courts are revenue producing machines. you never see a cop in flowery branch unless they are hiding behind bushes, hiding behind walls, or hiding period..........to catch an unlucky driver.
i moved from flowery branch, and relocated my business because of this practice. i love gwinnett county!
My son was at the railroad crossing and a truck was in front of him and a car was behind him when the light was green everyone started to move but the gate started coming down for a train. The light was still green so my son went and that cost him $800.00 dollars. When he went to court and told his story he was told he should of backed up and when he told the judge he couldn't because there was a car behind him he was slapped with more fines!!!
Georgia resident

Duluth, GA

#44 Mar 12, 2012
The only reason the Flowery Branch police exist is to make money for the greedy little podunk hick town of Flowery Branch.

Surely you people don't think that those 'Barney Fife' amateur Flowery Branch police are there to 'serve and protect.' Those untrained ding dongs wouldn't have a clue. their job is to write tickets and make revenue. Whether you or guilty or not does not matter. If they pull you over you will receive an outrageous fine to pay.

Ask for a jury trial. Flowery Branch cannot hold jury trials and they must bump you up to state court where you would only receive the normal state recommended fine. And the big plus is the fine then no longer goes to Flowery Branch. It goes to the state instead. So you at least get to shaft Flowery Branch!
Cathy

Gainesville, GA

#45 Mar 15, 2012
Easy fix is to not break the law.
Problem solved!
South Hall wrote:
Flowery Branch police are the most aggressive traffic cops in northeast Georgia. Let this be fair warning to anyone traveling I-985 or any roads that pass through Flowery Branch, GA, the police department there is one of the town's best revenue sources. Evidently, the job of the Flowery Branch police dept. is NOT "to serve and protect" it is to "ticket for revenue!" And believe me the lady that is new municipal court judge will impose fines three to four times higher than the state recommendation for those traffic fines. Flowery Branch police look for anything possible to pull drivers over for so that they can write a ticket!
Cathy

Gainesville, GA

#46 Mar 15, 2012
Correction - the judge is a contracted position.
Flowery Branch driver wrote:
Those cops will ticket you for running a stop sign even if you've been completely stopped and had to wait for cars to pass. It's just your word against theirs and who do you think the judge will believe (or does the judge even care). The judge is a paid employee of Flowery Branch.
FB Resident

Gainesville, GA

#47 Mar 31, 2012
Georgia resident wrote:
The only reason the Flowery Branch police exist is to make money for the greedy little podunk hick town of Flowery Branch.
Surely you people don't think that those 'Barney Fife' amateur Flowery Branch police are there to 'serve and protect.' Those untrained ding dongs wouldn't have a clue. their job is to write tickets and make revenue. Whether you or guilty or not does not matter. If they pull you over you will receive an outrageous fine to pay.
Ask for a jury trial. Flowery Branch cannot hold jury trials and they must bump you up to state court where you would only receive the normal state recommended fine. And the big plus is the fine then no longer goes to Flowery Branch. It goes to the state instead. So you at least get to shaft Flowery Branch!
You are 100% correct. I have lived here for over 15 years. It was a much nicer place to live when we had Hall County ONLY protection. Since then, this amateur police force, comprised of other municipality rejects, has been relentless in ticketing and harrassing people in this area. They should really be disbanded as there is no reason to have them other then revenue generation for the self serving city government. Fair warning.....you may be pulled over in Flowery Branch for NO reason whatsoever and there are NO warnings here. Especially "officer" Matt Reeves. Big dumbass with a horrible regional track record!
Terry

Gainesville, GA

#49 Apr 7, 2012
got pull over for a broken brake light, then ticket for tint window. they give you ticket for anything to make income for city hall.

parent got tickets for speeding when he is at 40. he never speed in his entire life, and he got a ticket said radar check on him is 65!!! when he knew flowery branch police is the most corrupt police department, every time he passed by flowery branch he always go lower than speed sign.

my first and only few others ticket were in flowery branch! corrupt police department leaves citizen no where to go for help!!!
FB Resident

Gainesville, GA

#50 Apr 9, 2012
Unfortunately for us residents, the impact of corrupt and inept over-enforcement will have negative implications for our local real estate values and our businesses. I don't know for sure that the city council is aware of their reputation and practices but I suspect so since the revenue would be a driving factor.
Until some sort of investigation......perhaps state of GA.......takes place, beware of the police department in this area!!!!
Duh

Coosa, GA

#51 Apr 10, 2012
Cathy wrote:
Correction - the judge is a contracted position.
<quoted text>
Yes! A contract with the City of Flowery Branch! Knucklehead!
Hate Corrupt Cops

Coosa, GA

#52 Apr 12, 2012
Flowery Branch cops don't care that you have obeyed the laws completely, they still will ticket you for something, they'll just make it up.

It's all about REVENUE for Flowery Branch.
Old school fb

United States

#53 May 2, 2012
All yall rasin hell about traffic tickets,hehe thats funny. I have seen in person (wished I had a camera) a mans civil rights,well he didnt have no rights that night. Police are smart they know the law and how to bend it. They are good at coverin up tracks, and changin the facts. But make no mistake, they are the law and we pay there salaries. Its not the officers only, they are just pawns. Somebody needs to put our city leaders in check.
Close by

Coosa, GA

#54 May 4, 2012
Flowery Branch politics has been dirty for decades. These Barney Fife amateur cops in Flowery Branch are obviously just there to make money for that selfish greedy podunk town.
Fred D

Atlanta, GA

#55 May 19, 2012
hit by ticket in Oakwood wrote:
If you receive a ticket in any city in Hall County, have it bound over to state Court and this will stop the "TICKET FOR REVENUE" state of mind in all these narrow minded city officals. It is also cheaper in Hall County State Court, my daughter-in-law got a speeding ticket in Oakwood, it would have been $520.00 in Oakwood court, she had nto pay $175.00 in Hall County
How do you have it "Bound Over" to state court.
thank you in advance
Bob

Flowery Branch, GA

#56 May 24, 2012
I live in FB and I couldn't agree more. They pulled my friend over for running a red light. Another for driving at night without headlights. And I heard they arrested some kid for having a bag of marijuana in his car!!! Can you believe the nerve of these small town, power trip fueled cops? I mean, what kind of a world do we live in where a man/woman can't drive over the legal speed limit or blow through a stop sign without getting hassled by the local law enforcement?
Frustrated

Coosa, GA

#57 May 25, 2012
Fred D wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you have it "Bound Over" to state court.
thank you in advance
Go to your Flowery Branch and ask for a jury trial. Flowery Branch cannot provide this so they have to send it to state court. At that point the fines you would pay go to the state of Georgia rather than the city of Flowery Branch. They will not like it but they are required to comply.

Flowery Branch is only interested in the revenue for themselves.
GhostWriter

Goodyear, AZ

#58 May 25, 2012
FB Resident wrote:
<quoted text> You are 100% correct. I have lived here for over 15 years. It was a much nicer place to live when we had Hall County ONLY protection. Since then, this amateur police force, comprised of other municipality rejects, has been relentless in ticketing and harrassing people in this area. They should really be disbanded as there is no reason to have them other then revenue generation for the self serving city government. Fair warning.....you may be pulled over in Flowery Branch for NO reason whatsoever and there are NO warnings here. Especially "officer" Matt Reeves. Big dumbass with a horrible regional track record!
Alright, I very seldom voice an opinion here or on The Times, but you guys sound a bit challenged. It's very simple...listen close... DON'T VIOLATE THE LAW AND YOU WILL NOT GET STOPPED !!! As to
"FB Resident's" comments, are you possibly one of the locals who are selling drugs in the community ? You put down those fine Officers like they are trash, you have no idea the amount of training they have gone through. And as far as Officer Matt and Officer Jake, the nice Asian man, they have done alot to help people in the community. Mr. Reeves has helped put in car seats, and both officer Jake and him both do alot to keep the roads safer by keeping the drunks locked away. The night time officers work very hard trying to get rid of the drugs in the community and so do the daytime officers. Rejects ?? we should should all be proud to have this Police Force protecting us. And as far as the name calling, I challenge any of you to prove where officer Matt or officer Jake, or officer Vaun has ever shown a bad track record while helping the community. Bottom line, stop breaking the law and these Officers won't have to deal with your sorry butt, that is until you need something or are too scared to open your door and run to call 911, then you will be thankful for their intelligence and training.
FB Resident

Gainesville, GA

#59 Jun 1, 2012
GhostWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, I very seldom voice an opinion here or on The Times, but you guys sound a bit challenged. It's very simple...listen close... DON'T VIOLATE THE LAW AND YOU WILL NOT GET STOPPED !!! As to
"FB Resident's" comments, are you possibly one of the locals who are selling drugs in the community ? You put down those fine Officers like they are trash, you have no idea the amount of training they have gone through. And as far as Officer Matt and Officer Jake, the nice Asian man, they have done alot to help people in the community. Mr. Reeves has helped put in car seats, and both officer Jake and him both do alot to keep the roads safer by keeping the drunks locked away. The night time officers work very hard trying to get rid of the drugs in the community and so do the daytime officers. Rejects ?? we should should all be proud to have this Police Force protecting us. And as far as the name calling, I challenge any of you to prove where officer Matt or officer Jake, or officer Vaun has ever shown a bad track record while helping the community. Bottom line, stop breaking the law and these Officers won't have to deal with your sorry butt, that is until you need something or are too scared to open your door and run to call 911, then you will be thankful for their intelligence and training.
GhostWriter....I will respond to your comments in the order that made them.
1. I have been pulled over twice in Flowery Branch without violating the law, the last one was for an "illegal lane change' on a two lane road where no lanes were available to change. I have a list of people withy similar complaints. This has also happen to two of my family members responding to late night calls to the hospital.....without violating traffic laws.
2. I have a professional career and neither use or sell drugs, that was a stupid and uniformed comment.
3. "Officer Matt is a reject, of Hall County, Dawsonville and Suwanee....do some research, it's pretty easy to do if you are somewhat tech saavy.
4. I never mentioned Officer Jake or Officer Vaun.
5. I can protect myself and don't need to call 911...unless there is a fire or smebody is having a health problem.
In summary my post is based on fact and the experience of at least 10 local residents. I support the enforcement of laws and have paid tickets without complaint when I have violated them. I am not however in support of engagement without probable cause or fabricated infractions. Please don't respond fromemotion do your own research.
FB Resident

Gainesville, GA

#60 Jun 1, 2012
BTW....I can type and spell.....just not while on a con call and without reading glasses. HA Sorry for typos.
Country Girl

Atlanta, GA

#61 Jun 14, 2012
Wow, I can't believe all the comments towards this police department that protect us. I've lived in Flowery Branch all my life and have seen many changes. I recently have gotten a speeding ticket in Flowery Branch while heading to Old Federal campground with my family. Officer Reeves was the one that pulled me over. He was very polite and professional. I have recieved others in my younger days that were very rude and had a I'm better than you attitude. I understand how if feels to get a ticket when you feel it's not deserved. I wasn't happy, but he was just doing his job. Many people have jobs that make others unhappy such as police officers, IRS agents, tax assesors, etc... FB Resident- you must have some personal hatred toward Officer Reeves for making such ugly comments about him. I hope you never make someone mad or they may publicly make comments about you. I understand a blog about voicing your opinion regarding the department, but you shouldn't call someone out personally. We are not here to judge, that is left to God.
Concur

Decatur, GA

#62 Jun 19, 2012
Country Girl wrote:
Wow, I can't believe all the comments towards this police department that protect us. I've lived in Flowery Branch all my life and have seen many changes. I recently have gotten a speeding ticket in Flowery Branch while heading to Old Federal campground with my family. Officer Reeves was the one that pulled me over. He was very polite and professional. I have recieved others in my younger days that were very rude and had a I'm better than you attitude. I understand how if feels to get a ticket when you feel it's not deserved. I wasn't happy, but he was just doing his job. Many people have jobs that make others unhappy such as police officers, IRS agents, tax assesors, etc... FB Resident- you must have some personal hatred toward Officer Reeves for making such ugly comments about him. I hope you never make someone mad or they may publicly make comments about you. I understand a blog about voicing your opinion regarding the department, but you shouldn't call someone out personally. We are not here to judge, that is left to God.
I would like to agree. I got pulled over a lot when I was younger. I've lived in the FB all 23 years of my life. I've gotten warnings and tickets for constant seat-belt violations. They have to do their job. These cops have been treated like crap the whole time they've been doing their jobs. I actually thanked the last officer in FB that pulled me over, and he thought I was being a smartass and I wasn't. I just genuinely thanked him who knows he could've saved my life. I do believe this was officer reeves. These guys really do care about the community. I always see them at the local blood drives with LifeSouth.
some dude

Gainesville, GA

#63 Jun 20, 2012
Flowery branch cops are the best cops on GA.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) Tue Shirley cochran 887
Mcclure Builders May 1 cheatsinlumpkin 2
News Gainesville woman appeals taxicab slaying convi... Apr 22 LifeispreciousMLCL 1
Cooper B. Scott's family history Apr 7 kdodson 2
Morgan Bauer Apr '16 Georgia peach 12
News Katt Williams facing charges for fight with Geo... Apr '16 Dana 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Tom Graves as Representative? (Mar '12) Feb '16 Lucy 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages