|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2011

Judged:

michael wrote:
received a traffic ticket flowery branch 40-6-140. cop says he was watching for people running a redlight, when he noticed i proceeded through a railroad crossing, and the arms started coming down. i did not notice the arms coming down at all. in georgia the average fine is about $120 for this offense. IN FLOWERY BRANCH, THE FINE IS $750.
i respect the officer but feels he made a judgement error. we all see people speeding to avoid the arms of a track, but if you are completly through the track and the arms fold, you should not receive a ticket, especially a fine that is almost the maximum georgia allows.
flowery branch is a small town, and almost corrupt the way that tickets are fined. compare other cities and their fines and make your own decision. the small town is a money making machine!!! police are doing their jobs as instructed, but the courts are revenue producing machines. you never see a cop in flowery branch unless they are hiding behind bushes, hiding behind walls, or hiding period..........to catch an unlucky driver.
i moved from flowery branch, and relocated my business because of this practice. i love gwinnett county!
I was the vechicle in front of you that also received a ticket. The fine of $754 is crazy.
Hall County

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

Judged:

Always ask for a jury trial and have it bounced out of Flowery Branch. It IS about revenue and not law enforcement. They don;t care whether you were speeding or not speeding, whether you really stopped at a stop sign or not it is your word against their officers and their job is REVENUE!!!!

Once you ask for the jury trial it goes to state court and Flowery Branch does not get one cent of any fine you may have to pay. And besides, in state court you may get a FAIR trial.
love hall county

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2011

Judged:

Terry wrote:
What frustrates me is WE PAY FOR THIS! I no longer do business in Hall County. I wish I hadn't moved from Gwinnett.
Me TOO
Flowery Branch Revenue

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Judged:

Well stop again by officer Jake of the FBPD, thanks to the school district maps, I have to drive through Flowery Branch to take my kids to school. So at 7:30 in the morning I'm pulled over for expired tags, my bday was 8/23 this was 8/26, yes I was wrong but did not know I thought I had until the end of the month to get my new tag. But of course officer Jake could not give a warning he had to write the ticket, I saw that he had 2 other people later in the day pulled over with Aug. tags as well, sure they all got tickets as well. I have talked with true cops, county and state friends of mine as well as City of Atlanta and all of them say they my run a tag when they pull up behind someone, but if the tag is still in the same month they let it go. Just more proof the FBPD is there for one thing revenue collection.
Innocent

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Judged:

I was truly surpised to be pulled over by Flowery Branch last night. I saw the lights, pulled over and parked. Then the police officer gets out of the car and I say with a teary voice, "I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong." He told me, "Tears won't help you here." He said I had a right brake light out. Then he said that I stopped at the stop sign but I didn't stop before the white line. He asked me if I had ever been in trouble with the law before???? I said I had one ticket six years ago. He said no, that he meant real trouble. Then he proceeded to tell me that I needed to go to Wal-Mart, go to the back of the store, get a bulb, and fix the brake light. He was rude and disrespectful. He also was very sarcastic. I am truly disappointed in the Flowery Branch Polic Dept. I am grateful that I did not get a ticket, but it left a very bad taste in my mouth for this particular police dept and supported all of the bad things I have ever heard about them:(
theworst

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

I got pulled over in FB 100% day both windows rolled down, the cop asked me to roll my window up half way checks the tint and gives me a ticket for tint to dark. Bought the car like that 5 yrs ago. There were at least 50 people for the same when I went to court!! crock of shxx
FB Res

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

Flowery Branch is corrupt from the sewer dept to the town council. The PD leading the way. Expecially the short cop on roids that shaves his legs and arms.How cute is that? Ive lived there for 15 years and it keeps gettin worse. If it wasnt for the lake the town would not exist. Can somebody tell me why they need a jacked up 4x4 truck ? There your ticket money.
No More Nazis

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2011

Judged:

The Gestapo aka Flowery Branch police are not there to serve and protect but rather to harass and fine to raise revenue for the city of Flowery Branch.

I sure would not trust those Flowery Branch Gestapos to protect against real criminals. You might what to call in the Hall County Sheriff's Dept. for that. I mean real cop vs. gestapo wannabees.
Mark

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Flowery Branch Revenue wrote:
Well stop again by officer Jake of the FBPD, thanks to the school district maps, I have to drive through Flowery Branch to take my kids to school. So at 7:30 in the morning I'm pulled over for expired tags, my bday was 8/23 this was 8/26, yes I was wrong but did not know I thought I had until the end of the month to get my new tag. But of course officer Jake could not give a warning he had to write the ticket, I saw that he had 2 other people later in the day pulled over with Aug. tags as well, sure they all got tickets as well. I have talked with true cops, county and state friends of mine as well as City of Atlanta and all of them say they my run a tag when they pull up behind someone, but if the tag is still in the same month they let it go. Just more proof the FBPD is there for one thing revenue collection.
Hopefully, you got your tag up to date and took that to court and they dropped it. I got pulled over for no tag, had my dad's GF write me a bill of sale (you can drive on a bill of sale for 30 days)and they dropped it.
Mark

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Innocent wrote:
I was truly surpised to be pulled over by Flowery Branch last night. I saw the lights, pulled over and parked. Then the police officer gets out of the car and I say with a teary voice, "I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong." He told me, "Tears won't help you here." He said I had a right brake light out. Then he said that I stopped at the stop sign but I didn't stop before the white line. He asked me if I had ever been in trouble with the law before???? I said I had one ticket six years ago. He said no, that he meant real trouble. Then he proceeded to tell me that I needed to go to Wal-Mart, go to the back of the store, get a bulb, and fix the brake light. He was rude and disrespectful. He also was very sarcastic. I am truly disappointed in the Flowery Branch Polic Dept. I am grateful that I did not get a ticket, but it left a very bad taste in my mouth for this particular police dept and supported all of the bad things I have ever heard about them:(
I hope you contacted the Chief of Police and reported your experience. If you don't they will never know about it.
The Christian Truth

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Judged:

The Flowery Branch Police Department is nothing more than a Nazi gang of thugs!
the new guy

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

Judged:

I am pretty surprised by my ticket on New Years Day night. Typically, I am very careful about obeying traffic laws and anyone who says they obey the law ALL the time might be stretching the truth. The truth is we all make mistakes. I have not had a ticket of any kind since I was 17 (7 years ago for speeding). As for me..I'm new to the area, but a lifelong Hall County resident. Moved 8 months ago after getting married. My wife and I were coming home from my parents house Monday night. As I proceeded off the interstate and down the exit ramp, the light remained green. I continued to decrease speed and kept a foot on the break. As I approach the stop line the light turns YELLOW. I could have stopped and had the front half of my vehicle in the first lane of traffic. Common sense tells most people to keep going. Out of the corner of my right eye I did see the light turn RED, AFTER I was 3/4 of the way into the far right lane. The police officer, who was parked under the bridge immediately pulled a U-turn and pulled me over. She was professional and polite. She was NOT honest in her statement on the ticket. "Light was RED as the vehicle crossed the STOP line." Did I run the red light? Yes, because it turned red before I completely made it into my lane. I neither sped nor increased my speed to get there. I made the safe and smart decision to NOT stop halfway into the street. This ticket will be moved to the state court. Normally, I would pay my fine and go on about my business. But if you are going to write me ticket, at least show me the courtesy of being honest about the violation. The truth always comes out, for better or worse.
Flowery Branch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2012

Judged:

Flowery Branch police are there to make revenue for the city, nothing else. They are not true professional policeman that serve and protect like most cities have. They are just meter maids in Dodge Chargers.

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

Funny, everyone complaining isn't trying to deny they violated the law. They are complaining because they were caught and not let go, or caught and let go but not treated nice, or my favorite, caught and treated kindly but didn't agree with the way the officer saw it.
Michael

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

Judged:

My car was in an accident, but it doesn't have to be towed; nothing was serious and nobody was hurt or anything. But what happen was that the officer call the towing company in GAINSVILLE to tow the car while there's one right down the road. 15 MILES AWAY AND $400 later, the following day we drove the car back. Why would he call somebody in Gainsville while there's same service less than 1 mile away. Found out about the nearby towing company the other day; but he should've known. The recommended fine is $90, but we got $200.
the new guy

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Judged:

Not complaining. I'm asking for honesty. It confounds me that our society continues to slander two of life's greatest lessons, humility and grace. Everyone needs it and it sounds like many have not learned it.
TTT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

In response to Michael. The Police/Sheriff Departments only use wrecker services that have been approved and signed agreements to service the needs of the agency. This is to protect the general public and ensure their vehicle is towed and stored by a reputable service. If more than one company is approved the department will maintain a list of those company's and attempt to use each on different days in order to fairly share the work amongst them. This the company that is the closest to you may not be the one who is summoned.
Brooklyn227

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Judged:

driver wrote:
Funny, I've driven through both and never had a problem. Of course, I usually don't break the law when I drive. Perhaps you should try that and see if the police are a little more to your liking.
Well I've known plenty of law abiding drivers that have gotten continuously harassed by Flowery Branch Police (Mainly Officer Eric Cook) who is itching to find any reason to pull you over and is willing to make something up if he can't find one, "excuse me sir, you drifted over the white line" .. etc, etc. At that point it becomes your word against his. The way I found this forum was searching Eric Cooks name after a photographer posted on facebook that he was pulled over tonight for suspected DUI and then let go when he was found to be perfectly under the legal limit. I've lived in Las Vegas now for 3 years as well as many other different cities throughout the U.S and Flowery Branch is by far one of the worst I've ever seen, so maybe you should research a little more before leaving an "I don't break the law" comment because in a place like Flowery Branch it doesn't matter. You've just gotten lucky.

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2012

Well Brooklyn227, Eric Cook is not and has not for some time, worked in Flowery Branch. Check your sources and facts...
QUIT COMPLANNING

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

EVERYONE HERE ALWAYS HAS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THE FLOWERY BRANCH POLICE DEPARTMENT BUT ALWAYS PRAISE HALL COUNTY SHERRIFS FOR DOING THINGS THAT HAVE NEVER HAPPEND. IVE LIVED IN FLOWERY BRANCH FOR YEARS AND HAVE HAD RUNNINGS WITH FLOWERY BRANCH AND YES I HAVE HAD TICKETS, BUT I WAS BREAKING THE LAW AND ADMITT TO IT. THEY HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME WITH RESPECT AND HAVE HAD MY HOUSE BROKEN INTO RECENTLY, MY STORE WAS GETTING ROBBED OF LIQUOR AND IF IT WASNT FOR OFFICER DELEON AND OFFICER TAYLOR DOING WHAT "POLICE OFFICERS ARE MENT TO DUE" THEY WOULD STILL BE BREAKING IN MY HOUSE AND STEALING FROM ME. AS FOR THE TICKETS YES THERE AGGRESSIVE BUT WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME SOMEONE GOT KILLED FOR SPEEDING OR RUNNING A RED LIGHT. SO I SAY QUIT COMPLAING BECAUSE THEY DO MORE THAN JUST WRITE TICKETS IN MY EYES. HERES A THING TO REMEMBER.... OBEY THE LAW AND YOU WONT GET A TICKET.... QUITE COMPLANNING

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Gainesville Forum right now

Search the Gainesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 42 min Oh my 49,857
Halsey siblings score Jr. Dragster wins at Comm... 18 hr Antonio 2
Hulsey defends septic waste operation; neighbor... (Jan '08) Sun StephDad 20
Review: Agora House For MEN (Jun '13) Jul 25 Moe 29
are there any good swingers groups in gainesvil... (Aug '09) Jul 22 jay 18
Fifty Years Ago Today, July 22, 1964 Jul 22 Columbus Insider 1
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) Jul 20 aby 830
•••
•••

Gainesville News Video

•••
•••

Gainesville Jobs