Aggresive Flowery Branch police

Posted in the Gainesville Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
South Hall

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
Flowery Branch police are the most aggressive traffic cops in northeast Georgia. Let this be fair warning to anyone traveling I-985 or any roads that pass through Flowery Branch, GA, the police department there is one of the town's best revenue sources. Evidently, the job of the Flowery Branch police dept. is NOT "to serve and protect" it is to "ticket for revenue!" And believe me the lady that is new municipal court judge will impose fines three to four times higher than the state recommendation for those traffic fines. Flowery Branch police look for anything possible to pull drivers over for so that they can write a ticket!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Les Heath

Atlanta, GA

#2 Aug 4, 2010
You're right about them being tough, but I have to say Braselton is even worse. Truth is, This entire state is a police state and any county you go to is looking for a means to generate more income.
driver

Clarkesville, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2010
Funny, I've driven through both and never had a problem. Of course, I usually don't break the law when I drive. Perhaps you should try that and see if the police are a little more to your liking.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hahahaha

Kennesaw, GA

#4 Aug 6, 2010
Been driving through there for 6 years, every day. I have never been pulled over or ticketed. But since I know a ticket is going to shoot my insurance through the roof, I dont break the law.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Common Sense

Atlanta, GA

#5 Aug 6, 2010
You don't have to break the law to get a ticket in towns like Flowery Branch. What are you guys so stupid that you actually believe cops are honest? If so, you must've been living in a cave your entire life!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Flowery Branch driver

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 6, 2010
Those cops will ticket you for running a stop sign even if you've been completely stopped and had to wait for cars to pass. It's just your word against theirs and who do you think the judge will believe (or does the judge even care). The judge is a paid employee of Flowery Branch.
hit by ticket in Oakwood

Flowery Branch, GA

#7 Aug 8, 2010
If you receive a ticket in any city in Hall County, have it bound over to state Court and this will stop the "TICKET FOR REVENUE" state of mind in all these narrow minded city officals. It is also cheaper in Hall County State Court, my daughter-in-law got a speeding ticket in Oakwood, it would have been $520.00 in Oakwood court, she had nto pay $175.00 in Hall County
Hahahaha

Kennesaw, GA

#8 Aug 9, 2010
All I am saying is that in 6 years of driving through every work day, I have yet to be pulled over or ticketed there. They may be as bad as Arcade or Pendergrass, but i havent seen it yet.
Flowery Branch

Atlanta, GA

#9 Aug 9, 2010
I live in Flowery Branch and have not received a ticket because I drive completely paranoid there. I go below their posted speed limits which are excessively low. Watch out as their speed limit signs are not well marked and often hidden from view by trees & shrubs. Beware! Always use your turn signal because if you ever forget the FB cops are there to pounce and they love to catch you in a light change. Yellow light = TICKET!!!! If your headlight or tailight goes out before you realize it and can fix it = TICKET!!!! It's revenue for Flowery Branch!
I AGREE

Gainesville, GA

#10 Aug 13, 2010
I have stopped doing any business in FLOWERY BRANCH due to this. I Kknow I am only one person but have told any and everyone I come in contact with to do the same. If the business's in FLOWERY BRANCH start hurting due to the cops or rather lack of than things should change!!! Not to mention if your a lady or young girl watch out. They target you more and have a lot more in mind than tickets!!! Plus 4 miles down the road the sales tax rate is 6%!!!
Milton Thompson

Monroe, GA

#11 Aug 13, 2010
If you think all the post above are bad, Never I mean never let the local police call out a wreker service for you or yu are in for this.
www.wreckerserviceripoffs.com

Milton Thompson
FB wants your cash

Atlanta, GA

#12 Aug 25, 2010
Flowery Branch police is all about the revenue. They certainly aren't doing anything to "protect and serve!"
Mike In FB

AOL

#13 Aug 30, 2010
I've seen people go through my subdivision at 50 mph in a 25 zone. I've seen people ignore 5 stop signs and I'm not talking about a rolling stop, I'm talking about not slowing down at all. 75% of the people who turn don't use their turn signal. People crossing the line talking on their cell phones. If you ask me, the FB police sure aren't putting the fear in local people because lots of them drive like grade school children.
Robbed in Flowery Branch

Chatsworth, GA

#15 Nov 7, 2010
I have no doubt that the Flowery Branch PD exists for one reason and that is to bring in revenue for the township. I had heard stories from friends and family who live there but did not experienced it first hand until this week. I was pulled over in my 8 year old SUV and ticketed for a window tint violation. Why did I mention the age of the car? It has factory tint and in the 115k miles I have driven it I have never been asked about it until now. In fact, in the daylight you can hardly tell it has tint at all.

I respect the law and am conservative, law and order type of person but the people of Flowery Branch need to do something about the cash grabbing police department roaming their streets. Their sole existence seems to revolve around generating enough revenue to support their salaries.

If anyone knows how to go about having it bound over to the Hall County State Court I would like to know. It will be well worth the 3 hour drive to keep my money out of the hands of these crooks.
TRUTH

Atlanta, GA

#16 Nov 8, 2010
Robbed in Flowery Branch,
I bet your tint is well within the legal allowance for tin. The Flowery Branch police are so corrupt that does not matter to them. They just hope you are gullible enough to pay the fine.

Ask for a jury trial. It will have to be bound over to Georgia state court and out of Flowery Branch;s jurisdiction and corrupt court!
Anon

Gainesville, GA

#17 Feb 22, 2011
I live in FB now, and although the Police are very visible and active at enforcing the law, they aren't unreasonable or on some small town power trip. From my experience if you obey the law you won't be hassled. Great little town!
michael

Rutledge, GA

#18 Mar 9, 2011
received a traffic ticket flowery branch 40-6-140. cop says he was watching for people running a redlight, when he noticed i proceeded through a railroad crossing, and the arms started coming down. i did not notice the arms coming down at all. in georgia the average fine is about $120 for this offense. IN FLOWERY BRANCH, THE FINE IS $750.

i respect the officer but feels he made a judgement error. we all see people speeding to avoid the arms of a track, but if you are completly through the track and the arms fold, you should not receive a ticket, especially a fine that is almost the maximum georgia allows.

flowery branch is a small town, and almost corrupt the way that tickets are fined. compare other cities and their fines and make your own decision. the small town is a money making machine!!! police are doing their jobs as instructed, but the courts are revenue producing machines. you never see a cop in flowery branch unless they are hiding behind bushes, hiding behind walls, or hiding period..........to catch an unlucky driver.

i moved from flowery branch, and relocated my business because of this practice. i love gwinnett county!
george

Rutledge, GA

#19 Mar 9, 2011
when i went to pay a traffic ticket in flowery branch for running (i actually stopped, but the officer who was 400 feet away says i rolled through the sign) a stop sign, i thought the tiny courthouse was being robbed. police cars were there in full force, ten maybe eleven cars all in front of the building. the public did not even have a place to park! when i went inside, the cops were ready to plead their case against you. so dont think the judge is going to side with you, when it is practice to have officers show up each court night to enforce that ticket. after five minutes of listening and watching, i knew that my case was all about collecting money. the clerk asked if you want to pay now, offering a 20 percent on the spot discount, but will not remove the points. only the judge can do that, the clerk claims.

advice: jury trial to another court system outside of flowery branch. it is all about collecting fines!!!!!!!!!! it is not about public safety.
Simkin

Jefferson, GA

#20 Mar 9, 2011
In most cities like Flowery Branch, the police are actually required to write a certain number of tickets and issue a certain number of fines each month. It's kind of stupid, really. You can be pulled over and fined for absolutely nothing. The police can pull you over and just look for something small to write you up for. I've seen people ticketed for open container violation with SODA BOTTLES. I mean, really? yeah, my friend is completely wasted on that bottle of Mountain Dew, Officer!

It's sad what we've come to be, isn't it?
Terry

Flowery Branch, GA

#21 Mar 13, 2011
What frustrates me is WE PAY FOR THIS! I no longer do business in Hall County. I wish I hadn't moved from Gwinnett.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ginger Wellham seen working at pig farm Dec 23 Terry Wellham Rig... 2
Wellham Terry Wellham Ginger Wellham Terry Fran... Dec 23 Terry Wellham Lov... 2
Pictures of The old Airline school Dec 13 Debra 2
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs Dec 11 TALLYHO 8541 17
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) Dec 10 CARE LESS 839
Will the INS raid the local poultry plants? (Apr '09) Dec 9 Reality 4
Any Milfs out there? Dec 6 Joshua_2001 3

Gainesville News Video

Gainesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gainesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gainesville News, Events & Info