#21 Mar 15, 2011
Again Dud you are incorrect.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gainesville Too

Griffin, GA

#22 Mar 15, 2011
What was he wrong about? It seems like he has facts and information that no one has disproven. All you have done is hurl insults and names, but you haven't posted any information or offered a valid argument.
Gainesville

Atlanta, GA

#23 Mar 18, 2011
So you also think that the City of Gainesville is printing and installing illegal signs that should be ignored?

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

#24 Mar 18, 2011
Gainesville wrote:
So you also think that the City of Gainesville is printing and installing illegal signs that should be ignored?
Wait is it the city of Gainesville or the State of Georgia? Are you admitting that you were wrong about that? What else could you be wrong about? Like I said, just point out where I was wrong and back up what you say with facts, not assumptions. I'm still waiting....
Gainesville

Atlanta, GA

#25 Mar 22, 2011
Dub let's see...you said that pedestrians in a legal crosswalk do not have the right-of-way once they are in the crosswalk! You said cars do not have to stop for pedestrians in a legal crosswalk. Of course you do not believe crosswalks are legal! You said that the city of Gainesville is producing illegal signs!
Dub put action where your mouth is and run over a pedestrian in the crosswalk why don't you? You do believe the law is on your side don't you?

DUB

Since: Mar 08

North East Ga

#26 Mar 22, 2011
Gainesville wrote:
Dub let's see...you said that pedestrians in a legal crosswalk do not have the right-of-way once they are in the crosswalk! You said cars do not have to stop for pedestrians in a legal crosswalk. Of course you do not believe crosswalks are legal! You said that the city of Gainesville is producing illegal signs!
Dub put action where your mouth is and run over a pedestrian in the crosswalk why don't you? You do believe the law is on your side don't you?
First I never said that pedestrians in a legal crosswalk don't have the right of way, I said that pedestrians in the crosswalk don't always have the right of way. They only have the right of way under circumstances set forth in Georgia law. Second, I never said that cars don't have to stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk, Georgia law says that cars must only stop for pedestrians in the half of the crosswalk the car is in and that pedestrians must not enter a crosswalk until it is safe to do so. Those are quotes from the OCGA. Lastly I didn't say that the city was producing illegal signs, I corrected your statement when you said that the State of Georgia was making and placing those signs.
Again you seem to try and twist words to make them suit your point of view. The law is clear on pedestrian laws and the restrictions placed on vehicles approaching crosswalks. Because I can comprehend the words written by the legislature means the law is on my side.
Gainesville

Atlanta, GA

#27 Mar 23, 2011
I said if a pedestrian was in the crosswalk they had the right of way. If a car is there first then they do but Dub you basically called me a liar!

You are the one that always twists words, that's why so many people hate you.

I was complaining about being in the crosswalk with the-right-of-way. I entered the crosswalk when it was clear, I had the yellow flashing lights above the road on (I had pushed the button to start them) and automobiles then refused to stop for me nearly running me over.

The police chief agreed with me and has been regularly patrolling that particular crosswalk.

The sign above the crosswalk clearly states that State Law requires cars stop for pedestrians in the walk.

I do not care whether the sign was painted at a state sign shop or a City sign shop, it clearly is a LEGAL sign for traffic to obey!!!

But then you disagree with all that!

I dare you to hit a pedestrian in the crosswalk and take your chances in court.

Back up your mouth with some action!
Reader

Gainesville, GA

#28 Mar 23, 2011
Don't let that weasel Dub get you. All he does it get on here and try and stir up trouble. He's one of those people that loves to mouth off behind the anonymity of a computer keyboard but would never have the guts to say those things to you face.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 min ChicknButt 53,205
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) 2 hr Avoice 833
Review: Agora House For MEN (Jun '13) Thu Michael 32
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Thu Pfffft 185
Gary Tuck Wed Melvin 4
homeless man denied public defender Wed honeybee 2
Review: ACA I Pawn 302 Aug 24 lynlyn45 1
•••

Air Quality Alert for Hall County was issued at August 28 at 1:41PM EDT

•••

Gainesville News Video

•••
•••