Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2009

Judged:

Comcast, DirecTV, Cox up in customer satisfaction; Charter down

BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

UNDATED - Comcast Corp. showed the biggest gain in customer satisfaction among cable and satellite TV operators, a survey showed Tuesday.

Philadelphia-based Comcast's overall score rose 9.3 percent from the prior year, according to the University of Michigan's American Customer Satisfaction Index. The improvement comes as the cable operator reached out to disgruntled customers who posted complaints through blogs or on social networking sites.

It's a marked turnaround for Comcast, where complaints against service ran so deep at one point that a Web site called

ComcastMustDie.com arose and a frustrated customer smashed a keyboard with a hammer at a Comcast office in Manassas, Va.

DirecTV Group Inc. came in on top, up 4.4 percent, keeping a perch it has enjoyed for several years. It pulled away from fellow satellite TV operator Dish Network Corp. whose customer satisfaction score fell 1.5 percent to a historic low as the company retools its service.

Satellite TV operators partner with phone companies to offer phone and Internet services, and the choice of partner affects customer satisfaction. The Michigan researchers pointed out that DirecTV has a deal with Verizon Communications Inc., which ranks high on customer service, while Dish partnered with Sprint Nextel Corp., which ranks low.

Atlanta-based Cox Communications Inc. was the top cable TV performer for the sixth straight year, up 4.8 percent to an all-time high score.
Time Warner Cable Inc. had the same score from a year ago while Charter Communications Inc., which is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, fell the most. Its satisfaction score fell 5.6 percent to a record low for any company in the survey's 15-year history.

Charter is the primary cable television provider for Gainesville and Hall County.
Randy

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Judged:

I dumped Charter for DirecTV and have been really happy with DirecTV. Quite frankly, Charter Communications service was horrible. DirecTV costs less and I get many more channels.
charter sucks donkey

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

Charter sucks period
Patriot1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Judged:

Charter Cable SUCKS really bad. They are overprices and their service does out everytime it rains or thunders. Also, their peabrained installers have twice cut my phone line when installing the neighbors Charter Cable. They are unprofessional morons!
Ryan Rayburn

Hillsboro, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

Where to begin: I ordered charter internet services for my wife for christmas. They were scheduled for December 26 between 3 and 5 pm. The first guy showed up and said it was too cold to hook up my internet and had every excuse in the book. I immediately re-scheduled for Jan 1. Second installer same problem, its too cold to climb the poll. I finally convinced him if he would hook it at the poll i would do the rest. After 10 minutes of excuses he finally sighed and gave in. Yes i did the rest myself. Upon leaving he noted the cable was strung across my neighbors yard and mine. He said someone would show within 3-5 business days to bury the cable. No dice, it's still strung across both of our yards. Today Jan 20 i call charter because i receive a bill in the mail saying i owe $129.00. You guessed it, not even close. To have the internet installed i had to write the installer an $80.00 check which customer service said could be deducted from my bill. "Like i was supposed to know this." Im not done yet, and i was warned by everyone i knew who has charter "DONT DO IT." Well i should have listened. As i called customer service today to find out about my bill they informed me that i was to pay $29.99 a month instead of the $19.99 Package i signed up for. Go ahead and look on their home page. Charter basic internet $19.99 a month. She informed me the installer gave me the Charter media package. What does this consist of? It is a wireless router and to avoid this extra ten dollars a month i would need to surrender my box to a local charter office for a regular router. What A SCAM! I am so mad at myself for even considering Charter, why didn't i listen to any one of the people who already have Charter. There is no complaint dapartment at Charter and you cannot understand anything the customer service rep is saying to you. So, after an hour on the phone asking her to repeat herself because she cannot talk english and i cannot talk arabic i realized the whole conversation could have been boiled down to about 5 minutes. Good thing they were not charging me for the call. I will be posting this comment anywhere and everywhere allowed. I want people to know what their experience will be like with Charter Communications.
Ryan Rayburn

Hillsboro, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

Did I Mention Charter Sucks and i have only had their service for 19 days.
Gainesville

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

I am very happy with my Direct TV service. I used to be very unhappy, in fact downright irate with Charter Communications!
Cold Beer

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2010

Judged:

I have found Direct TV to be superior to Charter Cable in every way. Direct TV has given me much better service and when I have contacted them I have always spoken immediately with an actual human being providing customer service and technical help. I have never received a recording when calling Direct TV.

Charter was awful. Even after I discontinued their inadequate service they still screwed me over. The Charter Installation crew has cut my phone lines twice while installing neighbor's cable TV lines.

Charter Cable = MORONS!!!!

Since: Apr 09

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you all have been having issues with our service. That is not how we are supposed to operate. We would be more than happy to get these issues resolved.Please email us at umatter2charter@chartercom.com for assistance. You can also find more about our group at www.charter.com/umatter2charter .
Cold Beer

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

Attention: CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS! Quit cutting my phone line everytime you work on my neighbors cable. The last time you did it on a Friday afternoon and I had no phone service until they could get out and fix it on MONDAY!!!! The phone company guy said that over half of his service calls were to repairt the phone lines that Charter cable installers had cut!!!!!
Gainesville

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

Attention Umatter2Charter,
Why don't you have an actual human being working for customer service answer the phone 24/7?

DirectTV does!!!!!

DirectTV offers better customer service, better technical help and has better prices. Either match them or shut up!
Ryan Rayburn

Hillsboro, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

The saga continues, i took my "charter media" box to my nearest charter office to surrender it as they told me, so i wouldnt have to pay an extra $10.00 a month and guess what they told me there. Not what the customer support lady who couldnt talk english said. This lady told me no english lady lied. Thats the first honest thing Charter has told me is that someone else at Charter lied to me. Now i have to pay an extra $5.00 dollars a month for a wired router. As i recall Direct T.V. charges me $5.00 a month for a D.V.R. For those of you who dont know what that is, it is a digital video recorder complete with software and a hard drive. In essence "a computer" now there is value. They call a wireless router, charter media, hahahaha! Im still laughing about that. Im an I.T. guy. WHAT A SCAM. Everything they do is scam scam scam. Umattertocharter guy you can email me any time chode02@yahoo.com. That is my crap email address, i know how you work, he will save your collect your email and sell it to another company and that is how you get inundated with SPAM. Aint that right umattertocharter guy? I HATE CHARTER!!!!
Ryan Rayburn

Hillsboro, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

More to come im sure. Im sure there will be a new post from me as soon as i get my next bill, any wagers? Stay Tuned.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

Gainesville wrote:
Attention Umatter2Charter,
Why don't you have an actual human being working for customer service answer the phone 24/7?
DirectTV does!!!!!
DirectTV offers better customer service, better technical help and has better prices. Either match them or shut up!
We do offer 24/7 phone support.

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

Ryan Rayburn wrote:
The saga continues, i took my "charter media" box to my nearest charter office to surrender it as they told me, so i wouldnt have to pay an extra $10.00 a month and guess what they told me there. Not what the customer support lady who couldnt talk english said. This lady told me no english lady lied. Thats the first honest thing Charter has told me is that someone else at Charter lied to me. Now i have to pay an extra $5.00 dollars a month for a wired router. As i recall Direct T.V. charges me $5.00 a month for a D.V.R. For those of you who dont know what that is, it is a digital video recorder complete with software and a hard drive. In essence "a computer" now there is value. They call a wireless router, charter media, hahahaha! Im still laughing about that. Im an I.T. guy. WHAT A SCAM. Everything they do is scam scam scam. Umattertocharter guy you can email me any time chode02@yahoo.com. That is my crap email address, i know how you work, he will save your collect your email and sell it to another company and that is how you get inundated with SPAM. Aint that right umattertocharter guy? I HATE CHARTER!!!!
Good afternoon,

We definitely do not sell anyone's information or spam as it is against FCC regulations. I'm not following your "wireless router, charter media," comment. Which local office did you visit?
Gainesville

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Judged:

When I quit using Charter three years ago I could not get 24/7 phone support. I tried but you never answered. I would only get recordings and be left dangling on hold. I quit using Charter because of the frequent outages and awful customer service. I had been with Charter for a number of years and consistent poor service led me to change. I do not plan on going back!
Cold Beer

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

My suggestion to Charter Communications is to quit cutting other underground lines when installing your cable!!!!!

PS. I was with Charter before switching to DirectTV and I personally found calling Charter customer support to be an act of futility! Usually I was calling to report the frequent outages!

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Gainesville wrote:
When I quit using Charter three years ago I could not get 24/7 phone support. I tried but you never answered. I would only get recordings and be left dangling on hold. I quit using Charter because of the frequent outages and awful customer service. I had been with Charter for a number of years and consistent poor service led me to change. I do not plan on going back!
Thank you for the feedback. We are constantly working to provide a better customer experience. Your feedback will allow us to do just that. Thank you again.
Ryan Rayburn

Hillsboro, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Judged:

Why dont you tell me what charter media is? I am completely confused. I was told the charter media package was a netgear wireless router by the i wont even call her support agent, that is what was so amusing, she said a wired router is a wired router, but a wireless router was the charter media package and it would cost me $10.00 dollars a month on top what i agreed to pay. The office was on north highway 67 near kmart. That is where i was first informed that as i surrendered my charter media package (wireless router) that i would pay $5.00 extra a month for the wired router. I was told by the i wont even call her support agent who couldnt speak english, that if i surrendered my charter media package (wireless router) my bill would be the $19.99 a month as i ordered. SCAM!!!
Elderly womans daughter

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

My mother watches EWTN for many hours a day. Suddenly, apprx 10 days ago, she no longer got EWTN. When she called customer service she was told it had moved to another station, a higher number. When she tried that higher station number, she got nothing. She again called customer service and was told it was a problem with her box. Well, my mother does not have a box. We ordered a box for her today and was told that she would get her EWTN back, with other new channels. But yes, it would cost her an additional $5 a month to rent the box. Now, I believe her total monthly bill will be $67, this is for basic service only. Too bad AT&T UVerse required a charge card as a deposit for the equipment (which my mother does not believe in nor will ever have) or else she would have dropped Charter as they dropped her EWTN.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 5 min Synergy 52,344
Gary Tuck Aug 18 YourRealName 3
Debate: Ferguson - Gainesville, GA Aug 18 Law101 2
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) Aug 17 mrzkjackson 832
Debate: Abortion Debate - Gainesville, GA (Feb '12) Aug 17 stop destroying o... 2
jobs Aug 17 mrzkjackson 3
Dawsonville pool room Aug 12 me 5

Search the Gainesville Forum:
•••

Gainesville News Video

•••
Gainesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Gainesville Jobs

•••