Buy local' push aims to keep retail d...

Buy local' push aims to keep retail dollars in Hall County

There are 2 comments on the The Times story from Jan 22, 2011, titled Buy local' push aims to keep retail dollars in Hall County. In it, The Times reports that:

Muffin Gilmer browses through a selection of clothing items Friday at Saul's on the square in downtown Gainesville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

ejecto

Gainesville, GA

#1 Jan 24, 2011
From where I live in Northwest Hall County, it's faster and easier to go down Ga.400. I feel no obligation to shop in Hall. In fact, there are issues that make me glad to pay sales taxes in other counties. Some examples would include:
The still unresolved and never mentioned caper of Tom Oliver paying his buddy Carlyle Cox loads of our tax dollars "under the table".
The fact that we subsidize the dubious Red Rabbit buses, but don't provide sidewalks for pedestrians along many busy thoroughfares.
The Taj Mahal courthouse, built years behind schedule for quadruple the budget.
The new jail, big enough for a huge city, so they can incarcerate as many as possible and funnel money to connected people in the prison/parole industry.
I have lived in Hall County since 1974. There was talk back then of streamlining traffic, especially Green Street. Due to the childish urinating contests carried on by both Hall and Gainesville politicians from day one, NOTHING has been done to bypass Green Street. Now it's too late, with development and increased property values. It will continue to get worse, while my neighbors and I shop elsewhere.
its about prices etc

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 26, 2011
How about price and selection? Hall County does NOT offer good prices or good selections.....

When the stores here offer lower prices, better selections and GOOD SERVICE, then shoppers will stay home.

Until then....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Major problems with Vanilla Visa Gift Cards (Dec '09) 4 hr Evey Boyle 857
New Vision Tattoo (May '09) 13 hr eric cartman 3
crossroads meat market on atlanta highway (Apr '11) Wed Elmer 25
Matt Knoff May 21 Debra Foster 2
Review: Agora House For MEN (Jun '13) May 16 lron worker 44
are there any good swingers groups in gainesvil... (Aug '09) May 13 sexxilife 27
Todd Davis May 3 Dee 3
More from around the web

Gainesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]