Review: Gainesville Job Corps Ctr

Review: Gainesville Job Corps Ctr

Posted in the Gainesville Forum

Lynann

Lake Mary, FL

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Can anyone tell me if you are about to sign up for job corp when you would be leaving home to go?
Stephanie Carlisle

Chiefland, FL

#2 Mar 5, 2009
job corps is an amazing thing it can help alot of people out with finances and schooling its an amazing thing.
Stephanie Carlisle

Chiefland, FL

#3 Mar 5, 2009
I recommend anyone having trouble in school and finances to look for job corps.
Taylor

Key Largo, FL

#4 Mar 23, 2009
I leave on march 24,2008 from miami see you there
nikki

Ocala, FL

#5 Aug 24, 2009
i am thinking about joining job corps. i was just wondering if anyone had any info from their experiences that could be helpful to me if i joined.
Kevin

Tampa, FL

#7 Nov 1, 2009
Depending on what personality type you have the living conditions can be bad. They are much better for girls than guys though. Overall it is a very valuable experience especially if you leave with something you actually enjoy doing.
laquilla leeks

Port Charlotte, FL

#8 Jul 29, 2011
can someone tell me what job corps center i can go to and also take my kids??????????
Samantha

Cape Coral, FL

#9 Aug 27, 2011
I am considering going to this job corp. Can someone please get in touch with me that has been there. I would love to hear more about it and I do have some questions. Email me at [email protected]
Philip

Starke, FL

#10 May 9, 2012
I finished GVJCC up a few months ago and I have to say it was very frustrating at times. Not because of the teachers but mainly with the students who didn't care about being there. If enough students messed up then then the whole center would be punished, the same goes for the dorms. If you want to go to this center or any center I will say this: Know what you want to accomplish and do it. Don't hang with trouble makers(you will know within about a week or two who they are) Do your work and also if you smoke or drink, this center has a no tolerance for smoking, drugs, and alchohol. But if you can stay out of trouble and do what you need to finish, then you shouldnt have any problem.
Jess

Saint Petersburg, FL

#11 Jan 11, 2013
I am 16 and wantin to go to job corps. Would I be in a dorm with people my age. and would it be a safe inviornment for job corps in florida?
Ashley

Rincon, GA

#12 Dec 21, 2013
Hi, I am suppose to be leaving next year to go to Job Corps. Was wondering if anyone knew about the one in Gainesville FL. I have a councilor who is getting my application back from the on in North Carolina, but they've had so many students there. So we are trying to find a Job Corps, and to say I am looking for one that has really good reviews.
Jay

Tampa, FL

#13 Feb 8, 2014
hello I graduated the Gainesville n December of 2013.the center is OK.just be prepared for nasty catty females staff who supposedlycare bout there students.there's only a few staff that I can say that honestly cared.I was supposedtourney Go to advance training so I tabed up and everything but the center screwed me over.they told me to test.they center is a mess.I advise not going there the Jacksonville or st.Pete center is way better.if u a smoker than j chose the wrong center u can't smoke in campus.hoped I help.only good thing I got from this center is my high school diploma and I met my fiance there.
student

Orange Park, FL

#14 Aug 12, 2014
hey! I am currently enrolled at a job corps center in Florida. I can honestly say this is a very unique experience. Majority of the staff here is beyond ridiculous. A lot of the rules are completely unnecessary & a pain in the ass. you're not allowed to stand near/ under the trees, you're allowed to stand by or lean on the fences. all but 2 guidance counselors quit or were fired. a lot of other staff were fired as well, such as the security manager, one of the cpp instructors, & a few academic staff member resigned on account of the issues they were having themselves. the pay is, well for lack of a better word, shitty. they constantly take money out of your check & they will write you up for some of the most stupid things. for example, I was wrote for walking out in the hallway at 10 pm to ask a friend for a tampon. note that in their rule book, it states that we do not have to be in our rooms until 10:30 pm. there is an extreme issue with favoritism as well. if you don't kiss anyone's ass or if you aren't important enough, you really won't get much help with hardly anything. only a handful of academic & trade teachers will actually do their job & teach/help you understand the material. all the rest of them do nothing but sit behind a desk & gossip or sit on the computer. I chose CMA as a trade & ended up dropping because I was not learning anything & the class was a constant distraction. all my teacher did was read us power points. & have us study on our own. she was very lazy. if you are a minor make sure you have a notarized letter stating that you are allowed leave when ever where ever with who ever or they will not let you leave. you will also need a notarized letter stating that you have permission to obtain your permit/driver's license or you will be made to pay for your state ID. this may be a so called free program but you will have to pay for everything you need yourself. you will have all of the responsibilities of an adult, however you will not have all of the rights as one. you will definitely go through a lot of hell & bullshit, especially if you speak your mind & don't like to put up with stupidity. there is so much more I could tell you, but you'd have to experience it for yourself. everyone has a different experience. just don't get your hope up or expect anything spectacular because you WILL be disappointed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hit and run when an animal is involved Jun 22 pflan1948 1
~ Lake City VA Hospital ~ (May '14) Jun 15 Ex-employee from EMS 14
swingers in gainsville Jun 9 loco 1
Gainsville Late 70`s (Aug '08) Jun 1 Patrick 26
News Proposed Incentives Could Lead to More Affordab... May 31 Jane Ann 1
News St. Johns County horticulture agent's removal r... May 31 Jane Ann 1
News Lake, Sumter graduates have big plans for the f... May 31 Jane Ann 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages