gainesville is horrible
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
IHateGainesville

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#1 Oct 23, 2011
*People are extremely rude, unlike that of any other town in the United States I have visited. Everyone is out for themselves. I was ROBBED/pick-pocketed only an hour after being there.

*The hotels are definitely overpriced. A Holiday Inn that was downtown was $200 per night. The room service/guest services were not offered, nor was this explained before renting the room. Apparently they failed to explain to us that the bar we got a free voucher for a drink for was closing early AND that room service closed at 8:45, after we checked into the hotel. The staff was bitter.

*The college vibe is unlike any other college city I have been to. The 'kids' I ran into, several groups, all had this "I'm better than you" attitude, without even knowing me. Everyone had their little "group". If you happened to be a little different from everyone in that group, you became and outcast.

*The police are like gestapo. Both Sheriff and City. I've never seen anything like it.

*As for food/dining - awful and few choices.

*Very dirty looking city.

*The people there think they are living in some upscale city, when in all actuality they are living in a very boring, ugly part of Florida that is in FACT rural.

*Activities are basically non-existent, unless you want to go to a sports/college bar.

*The girls from campus are slutty and I'm not sure of the STD rate, but I'm sure it's one of the highest in the country. I will have to do some research. I wouldn't know about the boys.

*It's in the MIDDLE of Florida, no nice beaches to relax on without driving for hours.

*Fake palm trees that the shitty city planted should not have been planted at all. The trees are brown and look dead.

*Kids/college kids from this area are selling MDA in place of MDMA, which is highly dangerous... and it also shows the self-righteous, non-caring mentality of these people.

*Criminals, thugs, ugly slutty girls that wear nothing in 50 degree weather and rub on any random guys, ugly town, poor service, bad food, bad hotels, run-down places, run-the-fuck down overall.

I hate Gainesville, Florida and everyone in it.
Observant

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2011
EVERY city has their bad neighborhoods. And you know it when you are in one so what are you doing hanging out there?

Picking one of the most expensive hotels because of it's location is YOUR FAULT. Plenty of accommodations in Gainesville for less than $75 a night.

Birds of a feather flock together. Why are you trying to hang with people better than you?

No need to ask you why you had a run in with both the county and city police.

LMAO and SMDH you think there's few choices for food.

Like I said, get out of the crack neighborhood where they don't keep up their houses or take care of their yards.

Hour and a half to drive to a beach. AWWWWWWWWW try living in in the middle of the US and want to run to the beach to RELAX. Then you can complain.

Fake palm trees? Get some glasses while you're here.

If you know people who are selling MDA in place of MDMA, whatever in the hell that is then it means you must have come here for the drugs.

Please carry your drug infested and probably AIDS ridden ass back to where you came from.

OOOKAY

Gainesville, FL

#3 Nov 9, 2011
Good bye
whew

Nashville, TN

#4 Nov 10, 2011
I didn't care much for G'ville either, so I won't be back there, but wow.. it sounds like you must have been hanging out in the Lamplighter trailer park, part of G'ville. Why?
wandering

Huntington, WV

#5 Nov 11, 2011
I was considering moving to the area.
Can anyone tell me the POSITIVE aspects of the city?
Would this be a good place for families?
What about attitudes?
What are race relations like there?
I love biking, I read the city has a lot of trails.
Any information would help.
trekker

La Crosse, FL

#6 Nov 14, 2011
Gainesville is bicycle friendly. Many bike routes in town and there's also bike trails in and around Gainesville.(Hawthorne Trail, Loblolly Trail, etc.) Google Youtube for Hawthorne Trail and from there you will see other videos and bike trails around the area. If you like nature trails this place has them! Race relations are friendly and accepting.(Multi-cultural city)
wandering

Huntington, WV

#7 Nov 14, 2011
trekker wrote:
Gainesville is bicycle friendly. Many bike routes in town and there's also bike trails in and around Gainesville.(Hawthorne Trail, Loblolly Trail, etc.) Google Youtube for Hawthorne Trail and from there you will see other videos and bike trails around the area. If you like nature trails this place has them! Race relations are friendly and accepting.(Multi-cultural city)
Great. Thank you.
peace4all

Palatka, FL

#8 Nov 22, 2011
IHateGainesville wrote:
*People are extremely rude, unlike that of any other town in the United States I have visited. Everyone is out for themselves. I was ROBBED/pick-pocketed only an hour after being there.

*The hotels are definitely overpriced. A Holiday Inn that was downtown was $200 per night. The room service/guest services were not offered, nor was this explained before renting the room. Apparently they failed to explain to us that the bar we got a free voucher for a drink for was closing early AND that room service closed at 8:45, after we checked into the hotel. The staff was bitter.

*The college vibe is unlike any other college city I have been to. The 'kids' I ran into, several groups, all had this "I'm better than you" attitude, without even knowing me. Everyone had their little "group". If you happened to be a little different from everyone in that group, you became and outcast.

*The police are like gestapo. Both Sheriff and City. I've never seen anything like it.

*As for food/dining - awful and few choices.

*Very dirty looking city.

*The people there think they are living in some upscale city, when in all actuality they are living in a very boring, ugly part of Florida that is in FACT rural.

*Activities are basically non-existent, unless you want to go to a sports/college bar.

*The girls from campus are slutty and I'm not sure of the STD rate, but I'm sure it's one of the highest in the country. I will have to do some research. I wouldn't know about the boys.

*It's in the MIDDLE of Florida, no nice beaches to relax on without driving for hours.

*Fake palm trees that the shitty city planted should not have been planted at all. The trees are brown and look dead.

*Kids/college kids from this area are selling MDA in place of MDMA, which is highly dangerous... and it also shows the self-righteous, non-caring mentality of these people.

*Criminals, thugs, ugly slutty girls that wear nothing in 50 degree weather and rub on any random guys, ugly town, poor service, bad food, bad hotels, run-down places, run-the-fuck down overall.

I hate Gainesville, Florida and everyone in it.
its really a nice town
Like all cities there are bad areas
And bad times to go to atms etc
Go to well lit well populated areas
Hotels are fair priced if look on priceline
Or phone book
Never any problems personally in 39 years
These women you are talking about??
Were you at clubs or something?
I dont go to them.. Or out late at night with drunks
So maybe there lies the problem
Where were you robbed at?
Always when in new area just contact local pd and ask best area
They gladly would have helped
Its really a great city
Give it a chance
Everyone feels out of place in new environment.. Give it time
There is alot to do from hiking
Scuba diving
Lakes trails beach hour away
Not that bad a place
:-)
peace4all

Palatka, FL

#9 Nov 22, 2011
whew wrote:
I didn't care much for G'ville either, so I won't be back there, but wow.. it sounds like you must have been hanging out in the Lamplighter trailer park, part of G'ville. Why?
lol good one :-)
peace4all

Palatka, FL

#10 Nov 22, 2011
trekker wrote:
great info.. Love gvle too
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#11 Nov 22, 2011
peace4all wrote:
<quoted text>
its really a nice town
Like all cities there are bad areas
And bad times to go to atms etc
Go to well lit well populated areas
Hotels are fair priced if look on priceline
Or phone book
Never any problems personally in 39 years
These women you are talking about??
Were you at clubs or something?
I dont go to them.. Or out late at night with drunks
So maybe there lies the problem
Where were you robbed at?
Always when in new area just contact local pd and ask best area
They gladly would have helped
Its really a great city
Give it a chance
Everyone feels out of place in new environment.. Give it time
There is alot to do from hiking
Scuba diving
Lakes trails beach hour away
Not that bad a place
:-)
All the bad areas are where the Obama voters live.
kyle

Gainesville, FL

#12 Jan 5, 2012
I AGREE , but most of north florida cops are corupt . i got run out of lakecity for being a gay and not beleiving in god , the cops arrested me for " they say reving my pipes" and told me i couldnt drive down a certian street, so everytime i got in my car i was pulled over and the last time i asked why they pulled me over they would not say why and the little midget black lady pig, was screaming to arrest me . Needless to say i left town after that , took a huge looss on our house we had just payed cash for . was harrassed by many neighbors and cops, people calling cops on me and making up crap and they would be at my house ready to draw there guns, when i was aressted,my partner came home from work in the early a.m. and every door and light was on in the house, so they went in there illegally. And all them young cops think there abvove the law and can push you around if your a yankee.....gainesville is just as bad and im glad to be moving away in 2 days. i hate this town as much as i hate lakecity cops
Peanut

United States

#13 Jan 6, 2012
I know plenty of nice people in gainesville florida
Gerry

Gainesville, FL

#14 Jan 6, 2012
wandering wrote:
What about attitudes?
attitudes are ok when there not behind the wheel , race relations not the best . bad layout of the city for driving . biking,stay where your at,unless you like to drive miles then get on your bike to ride, humid as he-- in the summer .lots of ignorant rednecks . go further south florida for friendlier people
Gerry

Gainesville, FL

#15 Jan 6, 2012
rent is rediculous , apt living sucks,to many buttwipes,trailer parks are full of crime and drug dealers,thieves,cops are just looking to pull someone over to harrass, lots of angry roadragers

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#16 Jan 13, 2012
wandering wrote:
What about attitudes?
I came here with my 20 year old daughter from Ashland, KY in 2009 with intentions of living a better life from northeastern KY. After mountainous obsticles and the unfriendliest people, we were planning on moving to her fathers in HI, more obticles, long story short, on April 15th, my daughter took her life because she was miserable and so depressed. You need to think twice about leaving Huntington for this area. Just saying....
hello

Clarksville, TN

#17 Jan 13, 2012
im sorry to hear that your daughter died but do you really think its because you moved to fla or was it because she was addicted to pain meds like you seem to be i have seen your post looking for a doctor for methadone thats some bad shit your looking for

Location hidden

#18 Jan 24, 2012
hello wrote:
im sorry to hear that your daughter died but do you really think its because you moved to fla or was it because she was addicted to pain meds like you seem to be i have seen your post looking for a doctor for methadone thats some bad shit your looking for
yeah sure yes you are right about that, pack your bags and come on down!!! give it a chance, anything is better than Huntington, you will just love it here!!! Bring it and all your people too!!! You will love the bike trails that are a hour away, sure, get back with me and let me know how this works out for you.....
hello

Canton, GA

#19 Jan 24, 2012
i moved from there when i was 15 i have family that live and work all over fla from gainsville to lake city and all in between and none of them are addicted to pain pills and doing bad stuff so fla may not be for everyone like me thats why i left but they seem to be happy unlike you i think you need to move away from there to before they have to bury you somewhere to

Location hidden

#20 Jan 24, 2012
and you have which qualifying disabilities to render your decision on my happiness and my burial? Get back with me on that, seems like you got the time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Local Forums Sep 13 Robert 1
WARNING! "Pastor" Ron Hyatt: NAMBLA MEMBER! Sep 11 Truth Seeker 1
I need someone to take my class (Jun '12) Sep 10 Casey Anthony 34
Wiiiiiildcats stun The Swamp Sep 9 Vols my Azz 3
UF students Sep 2 Guest 2
No work in Gville, unless your black Aug 29 Truth Seeker 5
Kelly & Chris Dressler & Brandy Birk Aug '18 Anonymous Mole 2

Gainesville Jobs

Personal Finance

Gainesville Mortgages