Humm

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 16, 2011
The city of Gainesboro doesn't have any money for trash service but there seems to be money for 2 new police cars it really sounds strange to me
Humm

Gainesboro, TN

#2 Nov 16, 2011
Humm wrote:
The city of Gainesboro doesn't have any money for trash service but there seems to be money for 2 trashs police cars it really sounds strange to me
?
great

Cookeville, TN

#3 Nov 17, 2011
he is doing a great job and will be next sheriff
yeah

Gainesboro, TN

#4 Nov 17, 2011
it makes me sick every time i see one. i didn't really know how to put it into perspective because i don't take the time out of the day to think about police and the jobs they do, or don't do. i just think to myself, couldn't that money have been spent on something better. my grandfather has drove the same old truck and car for the last fifteen years or so, because it is cheaper to fix them than it is to buy a spankin' new one ever couple years. DUH. ANY AMERICAN THAT STRUGGLES KNOWS THE SACRIFICES YOU HAVE TO MAKE TO ENSURE YOU HAVE ALL THE NECESSITIES. point is, why can't the county have that mindset....the state..........the federal gov't!!!!!! Stop buying fucking dodge chargers. put every penny back into the economy, help people out. there is always someone out there that needs help. Its like they got made fun for there granny crown vics, so the nerds went and bought a sports car. Hahaha
different perspective

Bloomington Springs, TN

#5 Nov 17, 2011
I normally don't comment on these mundane topics, but I will say that anytime you are putting more money in a year into a vehicle than it would cost to replace it (and they were) and have a newer car that will last you for four or five years or maybe more, you are smarter to buy the newer ones. Now of course I am talking about the city who, as I understand it, bought used crown vics and not new cars.
willie in utauh

United States

#6 Nov 17, 2011
that money for those police car.s would have look good for a trash truck, instead of throwing it on road ways or in the creek.and leting the head brothers work instead of leting them go.i hope they win theire law suite.not to mention water bill;s went up $7 or $8 dollors on the month.for what,
great

Gainesboro, TN

#7 Nov 17, 2011
so you know they only have 3 cars now. 4 officers share 2 cars and the other is for the part timers to drive. they cars they bought are 2008 had 50k miles on them and cost 13,000 they came with lights and sirens. the cars they sold and got rid of was 2002 and 2003s and had 170k on them. city done well saving money but they should have gotten 4 cars
Cheap

Hindman, KY

#8 Nov 18, 2011
I bought a used Knott county sheriff car for $1,400.00 six years ago, and it is still running great.
They could get a used cruiser at a state auction, paint it, and have a good car. They don't need a new one!!
great

Gainesboro, TN

#9 Nov 19, 2011
Cheap wrote:
I bought a used Knott county sheriff car for $1,400.00 six years ago, and it is still running great.
They could get a used cruiser at a state auction, paint it, and have a good car. They don't need a new one!!
The police Dept does not have new cars they are used cars. The sheriffs deot has 6 new vehicles
Humm

Cookeville, TN

#10 Nov 25, 2011
Its really hard for me to believe it was costing $13,000 a year to repair a car.If it does I want the mechanic's job. It's easy to justify a purchase when the money is coming from the tax payers pocket. What are they gonna do when these cars have to be repaired buy some more? I'm not mad about the cars I'm mad that they chose to do away with the trash truck so they could get rid of so people.
great

Gainesboro, TN

#11 Nov 25, 2011
Humm wrote:
Its really hard for me to believe it was costing $13,000 a year to repair a car.If it does I want the mechanic's job. It's easy to justify a purchase when the money is coming from the tax payers pocket. What are they gonna do when these cars have to be repaired buy some more? I'm not mad about the cars I'm mad that they chose to do away with the trash truck so they could get rid of so people.
I agree with you they also got rid of the 5th police officer spot.
local

Gainesboro, TN

#12 Nov 25, 2011
i think the police in gainesboro has stop picking up the trash all so
willie in utauh

United States

#13 Dec 3, 2011
local wrote:
i think the police in gainesboro has stop picking up the trash all so
yes you are right see a lot hanging around on cornners. an up town.not to menion were else.
killer

Cookeville, TN

#14 Dec 3, 2011
i agree but the chief will take the trash to jail
willie in utauh

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2011
killer wrote:
i agree but the chief will take the trash to jail
yes the sheriff keeps all the trash he can in the pokey,big bucks from the state good job sheriff keep are county safe and all trash off are road ways.
Old news

Cookeville, TN

#16 Dec 12, 2011
They bought 2 used cars with 50,000 miles.
Most of the people in this town feel they should have got new cars however the 2 they got look real good. The senior's in this town our proud of our Police

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa Price back in jail 12 min Uptoit 1
Are you for or against the wheel tax referendum... 3 hr bilas 9
Great Harvest Bread Company DIRTY!!! 4 hr Disappointed44 6
Academy Sports Fri another employee 7
Daycare Feb 5 Parent 1
anyone know about trey stafford? (May '12) Feb 4 Trey 18
bull and thistle Feb 4 slop the hogs 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesboro Mortgages