When is everyone taking the kids tric...

When is everyone taking the kids trick or treating

Posted in the Gainesboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Would like to know

Cookeville, TN

#1 Oct 25, 2010
Does anyone know what night we are to take the children out for trick or treating? In the past when it fell on Sunday we would do Saturday, so I am just checking to make sure I don't take mine out on the wrong night. Praying everyone does Saturday, cause I wouldn't feel right doing it on Sunday.
scuttlebutt

Columbia, SC

#2 Oct 25, 2010
Would like to know wrote:
Does anyone know what night we are to take the children out for trick or treating? In the past when it fell on Sunday we would do Saturday, so I am just checking to make sure I don't take mine out on the wrong night. Praying everyone does Saturday, cause I wouldn't feel right doing it on Sunday.
If you are going to celebrate a Pagan festival like Halloween what difference does it make whether you do it on the Sabbath? It is celebration of the feast of Samhain (the Witches Sabbath) which the churches established as All Hallows Eve before All Saints Day which begins the fall liturgical season. Just like Christmas set at the Winter Solstice, it was designed to make the Pagans feel better about Christian worship, another accommodation to Satan.
It is an acknowledgement of the power of wicked spirits even though most people think it is just scary fun and games.
lol

Cookeville, TN

#3 Oct 25, 2010
....and the sabbath day was changed from saturday to sunday 200 years after his death to remove the followers of christ from the jewish religion he followed........
Would like to know

Cookeville, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2010
I just asked a simple question and here it goes people turning into another discussion on religion. If you don't have the answer I'm looking for then keep your mouth shut or should I say your fingers still!
scuttlebutt

Columbia, SC

#5 Oct 25, 2010
Would like to know wrote:
I just asked a simple question and here it goes people turning into another discussion on religion. If you don't have the answer I'm looking for then keep your mouth shut or should I say your fingers still!
You started the religious discussion by saying you would not feel right doing it on Sunday. Perhaps if you consult Hecate, the queen of the witches, she will tell you which day or night is appropriate for your children to go out extorting candy from your neighbors. What sort of costume are you planning to wear? Might one suggest Fagan, or Simone Legree?
wondering

Livingston, TN

#6 Oct 25, 2010
My husband and I was wondering the same thing. On teh 4th of July everyone shot fireworks off on saturday before and we missed out because we thought they would be on the 4th not the 3rd. I dont want my son to miss out on trick or treating
scuttlebutt

Columbia, SC

#7 Oct 25, 2010
wondering wrote:
My husband and I was wondering the same thing. On teh 4th of July everyone shot fireworks off on saturday before and we missed out because we thought they would be on the 4th not the 3rd. I dont want my son to miss out on trick or treating
What happened; did you lose your fireworks overnite? Did they get wet from the tears of your misunderstanding? Why didn't you blow them up on the 4th like you planned? And what would your child miss out on if they went out on the real Hallowe'en? You people are so silly getting so serious about things like this.
Frost

Livingston, TN

#8 Oct 25, 2010
And you're stupid for being a crazy-ass religious nut.
Jackson Co Resident

Livingston, TN

#9 Oct 25, 2010
well i came here to find out the same question and all I see is rambling. I guess no one knows or someone would have posted a proper response to would like to knows question. Instead of getting in to a debate about religion. Would like to know, the only way I can think of being able to find out and know that what they tell is anywhere near the truth is to contact your local news paper or sheriffs dep.
Ms Me

Baxter, TN

#10 Oct 26, 2010
scuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened; did you lose your fireworks overnite? Did they get wet from the tears of your misunderstanding? Why didn't you blow them up on the 4th like you planned? And what would your child miss out on if they went out on the real Hallowe'en? You people are so silly getting so serious about things like this.
I hate to tell you but you seem to be the only one who is getting serious about this whole thing. And yes I will take my kids to get candy in fun. I understand your concern with this but this is what is wrong with things today. People read too much into a simple question
expected

Pauline, SC

#11 Oct 26, 2010
we or taking our,s trick or treating next 4 of july
Halloween

Columbia, SC

#12 Oct 27, 2010
The majority of the people in town will be handing out candy on Saturday.
Lorri

Livingston, TN

#13 Oct 27, 2010
I asked the same question, as kids at school are saying different things. I called the city and their response, which is typical of Gainesboro, was, "We (the city) decided not to take a stance on it. Some people are planning to do it on Saturday while others plan on doing it on Sunday." When I said this would create a lot of confusion they had no reply. So for convinence purposes I am taking my son on Saturday. If he doesn't get much candy, then I guess we will be back on Sunday to hit the other half of the houses. Good thing the "trick" part of Trick or Treating is pretty much gone or there would be alot of egged and toliet papered houses this year.

Happy Haunting!!! And for those who have only negative things to say...how easily you forget what it was like to be a kid. I feel sorry for you.
Would like to know

Cookeville, TN

#14 Oct 27, 2010
As long as I can remember when Halloween would fall on Sunday, we always went on Saturday. This was the way it was when my kids were going as well. I just wanted to know if it was still the same so I could take my grandchild.
scuttlebutt

Columbia, SC

#15 Oct 27, 2010
This is a matter of religious significance since it is a Wiccan holiday rather than a secular one. Waiting for the government to tell you when to take your kids trick or treating is kind of like expecting them to take care of you or serve you, a waste of time. Why not teach them about sharing instead of begging and getting....give them some healthy food treats to start out with and then, if they come to a house which is not prepared (because it is the "wrong" night) they can give the person something instead, and there will be some there for the next visitor! If they are too young to understand and appreciate this idea they are too young to be out in the dark anyway!
pita832003

Columbia, TN

#16 Oct 28, 2010
Wow to the one who seems to have a problem with people living life. Just because you got something stuck up your ass doesn't mean we want it up ours. If you don't celebrate Halloween that is your business, keep it that way. I don't know about other people but I truly believe Halloween is what you make of it. God knows how each individual person truly feels about it by looking into their heart. If you want to preach go right on ahead but remember my life and other peoples lives are not your business to judge.
scuttlebutt

Columbia, SC

#17 Oct 28, 2010
pita832003 wrote:
Wow to the one who seems to have a problem with people living life. Just because you got something stuck up your ass doesn't mean we want it up ours. If you don't celebrate Halloween that is your business, keep it that way. I don't know about other people but I truly believe Halloween is what you make of it. God knows how each individual person truly feels about it by looking into their heart. If you want to preach go right on ahead but remember my life and other peoples lives are not your business to judge.
Wow? If that went up your ass it was just trying to reach your brain. If I am preaching, I am so grateful to have your permission, but I was only expressing my opinion, not judging, and letting you have a look at some reality about your fantasy. I do not care what night you go trick or treating and cannot understand why you do. If you want to dress you children in odd costumes and send them out to strangers begging for candy, why not do it anytime the notion strikes you, don't wait for official notice from your silly government!
pita832003

Columbia, TN

#18 Oct 28, 2010
Obviously you don't live with todays society or you would have understood that the way you express your "opinion" was with the term "you have something stuck up your ass" Just because that's your opinion doesn't mean that we want to know it and we definitely don't need it. I never said I was taking my kids out. I actually have other plans with them. Do I need to let you know what that is so I can see if you want to judge me too? Oh, and yes to form an opinion of something is to judge. Look the word up you might learn a few things. And as for "my silly government" unless you live in a fantasy world they are your governemet too.

“scio me nihil scire”

Since: Sep 10

Cleveland, TN

#19 Oct 28, 2010
Halloween has its origins in a pagan Celtic day, not Wiccan. And the intent during the festival was to ward off evil spirits, not call them. All this took place prior to the birth of Christ and had absolutely nothing to do with Satan, if that is what you think.

It became "Halloween" instead of "All Hallows Eve" around the 16th century - something that originated in the United Kingdom.

That was 500 years ago and this HOLIDAY is SECULAR and is more about having fun and eating too much candy. There IS no religious significance. Period.

Before you start speaking of eternal damnation, read about the Council of Nicaea. About Emperor Constantine. About the roots of Christianity. Symbology. Learn about your religion in the context of the world religions. Then maybe once you have educated yourself, you will be able to have a leg to stand on in this forum. Your opinion will be more valuable and appreciated then.

Until then, I sign off with a most appropos closing statement:

Trick-or-treat
Smell my feet
Give me something good to eat!

Happy Halloween!!!!!!
Mrs Big Mouth

Cookeville, TN

#20 Oct 29, 2010
If Halloween is such an evil holiday why do the churches set up games and give out candy to help the kids have a safe place to go. I think it is all in how you celebrate it. If you go out causing trouble then you are not celebrating it in the way most people do. It's fun for the kids to dress up and parade around to show off their costumes. Its a form of pretend for them and god knows every kid should be able to pretend about something now a days. I'm taking my kids to Algood to one of the churches on Sunday night and they have so much fun playing games and getting candy. Happy Halloween everyone and be careful and safe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Smith (Apr '12) 15 min Guest 21
Jackson County Election 2018 7 hr Changes needed 3
Republicans snuck in a provision that specific... 16 hr resident 3
Sunoco 16 hr Truth4sure 1
Looking for place to live and job opening Wed Sue2856 10
Clinic in town Wed Duh 6
Trump's First 100 days Apr 25 resident 4

Gainesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance