Ridgerunner

United States

#46 Nov 28, 2012
"What The" get a life. Terrible tragedy for both families. Both families still suffer. Even if Tim were incarcerated with his brain injury he would have no idea why he was there. His wife suffers every day as do his passenger's family. Get over it and move on. No one ever said he should avoid prosecution because the passenger willingly got in the car. Bad decisions were made that day by both of them. Unfortunately two lives were lost that day. Everyone needs to forgive so hey can heal and move on. I guarantee Tim would love to have that day over to save his friend, himself and spare both families from all the suffering.
What The

Gainesboro, TN

#47 Nov 28, 2012
I thought only ONE person lost their life?
thank u

Livingston, TN

#48 Nov 28, 2012
Ridgerunner wrote:
"What The" get a life. Terrible tragedy for both families. Both families still suffer. Even if Tim were incarcerated with his brain injury he would have no idea why he was there. His wife suffers every day as do his passenger's family. Get over it and move on. No one ever said he should avoid prosecution because the passenger willingly got in the car. Bad decisions were made that day by both of them. Unfortunately two lives were lost that day. Everyone needs to forgive so hey can heal and move on. I guarantee Tim would love to have that day over to save his friend, himself and spare both families from all the suffering.
Thank u I couldn't have said it any better myself I'm glad someone on here has some brains and can understand what was said!!!
Sylvia

Cookeville, TN

#49 Nov 29, 2012
Don't drink and drive.
wanderer

Columbia, SC

#50 Nov 29, 2012
Sylvia wrote:
Don't drink and drive.
Don't drink and eat Xanax and drive!
well

United States

#51 Nov 29, 2012
wanderer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't drink and eat Xanax and drive!
That's about half in the county looks like from what everyone has to say on topix so I guess everyone needs to b in jail
wow

Cookeville, TN

#52 Dec 3, 2012
and dont stick aneedle inn your arm get it right dont guess what they was doin now u take your xanex and pass out
wampus cat

Cookeville, TN

#53 Dec 3, 2012
Ridgerunner wrote:
u stupid sob other people have to go to jail just because someone was willin to get in a car u8 are stupid all for one and justice for all now live by it but he is still sufferin even though not in jail see ya sucker
lawman

Columbia, SC

#54 Dec 3, 2012
wampus cat wrote:
<quoted text>u stupid sob other people have to go to jail just because someone was willin to get in a car u8 are stupid all for one and justice for all now live by it but he is still sufferin even though not in jail see ya sucker
Really, really stupid!
law sissy

Cookeville, TN

#56 Dec 4, 2012
hey law sissy u just plain stupid
just saying

Livingston, TN

#57 Dec 6, 2012
I have traveled the road Tim got hit on for many years.I have never seen him close to the white line.He has always been on the shoulder of the road.Maybe the person who hit him and ran off was on drugs or drunk.Cause anybody would hit someone in a car and just drive off would have to be either messed up on drugs,drunk or have mental problems themselves.Just cause he has a mental problem due to an accident that happen does not mean that he should have been ran and left.whoever hit him and ran off to me is the one with the mental problem.what if tim had not made it to whoever hit him just think about it,you might have ended up with mental issues dealing with the accident just like TIM did dealing with the accident that his friend was in with him.wel apparently not cause you hit him and keep going.
General reader

United States

#58 Dec 6, 2012
Wow, I can't believe u guys are still on this subject.. Accidents happen. Thats why they are called accidents.. It's not the ppls job to justify the end results, thats why we have the judicial system. Whether or not ur satisfied with judicial results means nothing..if u have issues with the system, get ur law degree and make a difference. Otherwise, get over it......
Rosie

Jamestown, TN

#59 Dec 6, 2012
Agreed
JustMe

Livingston, TN

#60 Dec 6, 2012
The only reason ppl keep bring up this same shit is cause they dont got lifes they just like to talk shit
alright

Livingston, TN

#61 Dec 7, 2012
So did anyone find him on the road or did one of the "fine" policemen of JC find him while on patrol? if it happened the night yall are saying i know it was one hell of a cold night and couldnt nobody stay out too long.. especially with injuries...
Shocked

Shelby, NC

#62 Dec 9, 2012
When reading this thread, I was shocked at the utter lack of humanity and compassion therein. The fact that Tim was ran over is nobody's business but the families and should not be talked about by people whose lives were not directly affected. Lets just say for the sake of the argument that Tim was wearing all black clothes and walking on the yellow line, that does not excuse the fact that someone ran over another human being and left him for dead. For anyone on this thread to defend the perpetrator for any reason would only show your lack of compassion and civility. As for the rumors and gossip surrounding the wreck which gave Tim a life long mental handicap, I want you to consider a moment that maybe the story is far more complicated that you first assumed. Did you ever consider that fact that maybe kent is the one who supplied the intoxicants, or that he, knowingly and willingly got in a car with someone who was under the influence? It may be that you just see the situation as black or white and do not consider the ignorance nor the simple minded nature of your arguments. Please, for the sake of his 3 kids, two of whom are in grade school, his step child and his wife, let the family be and keep your nose out of their business. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
dumb

Cookeville, TN

#63 Dec 10, 2012
u sure sound like a dumb sob lets go back to common sense if i or anyone else wrecked and killed someone i would have to do the time and it doesnt matter who supplied what and in my guess they both had what they liked so nobody really supplied anything and u talking about the family at least his dad knows what it feels like same thing happened to his daughter burrs sister so nothin changes the facts burr was drivin and deserves what he gets and as far as family if they dont like the truth they can have it deleted who cares and as far as a fool i might be crazy but i aint no fool
lawless

Cookeville, TN

#65 Dec 11, 2012
they need to put him in jail for not havin enough sense to stay out of road
pissed off

Charlotte, NC

#66 Dec 12, 2012
The person who hit this guy and took off lives on antioch road. On maynard hill. Its josh maynards wife. She ran him over and left. Then josh fixed the car and they both have been trying to sell it. Hope they both pay. Oh ya joshs dad is who turned them both in... robbie maynard.
bull

Cookeville, TN

#67 Dec 12, 2012
he needs to be in a home somewhere i am sure who ever it was didnt mean too whoops now i sound too much like his family but wait no one made him walk in the road

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunoco 2 min Truth4sure 1
Republicans snuck in a provision that specific... 4 min Democrats 1
Looking for place to live and job opening 16 hr Sue2856 10
Clinic in town Wed Duh 6
Trump's First 100 days Tue resident 4
Drud raid (Sep '12) Apr 23 Bran 29
North Carolina Repeals Transgender Bill Apr 19 resident 37

Gainesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance