Chance Ragland/ The Cue
Excuses

Maryville, TN

#21 Feb 16, 2012
hunter123 wrote:
<quoted text> Not making excuses for raising their child, his father was absent from his life, he was raised by a single mother that done all she could do!!!!!! As a Matter of fact she was battling CANCER when this incident occured!!!!! She worked her whole life, & when she started having trouble with the boy, she begged for help, I know He was Raised Up Good, He was in Church every Sunday & She Was A Wonderful "MOTHER"....You try being a "single Mother!!!", & yes if he did this I Agree He Needs To pay But He Can Also Ask For Forgivness!!!!!Who In The Hell Do You Think You Are!!!!Your Not The Judge....You Need To Do Your Homework Before You Put BS On Here.... Why dont you go on back in your fairytale world & leave him alone!!!!!! NO "GOD" DIDNT WANT THE BOY ON 11-11-11......& If His "SORRY ASS" So Called Aunt & Uncle Would Stay Out Of It He Would Still Be In Jail!!!!!! Do Your Damn Homework FOOL!!!!!
What's that I hear? Oh yea, MORE EXCUSES. Wish I had someone like you all to take the blame for me.
Tracher

Monterey, TN

#22 Feb 18, 2012
Pray for his soul to Keep.
hmm

Cookeville, TN

#23 Feb 23, 2012
No one knows what went on that night. Every one has their own opinions, but i promise you one thing Chance is a great boy. His friends didn't leave him there he drove off before they knew he was hurt. You have no right to be judging him saying he's going to hell, no one knows except God. Keep judging people at least they learn from their mistakes. His aunt and uncle are great to him, and he deserves to have someone there for him. He made one bad decision that doesn't mean he is going to hell. And until they can prove he was trying to rob the Que then he is not guilty it's common law.
shocked

Livingston, TN

#24 Feb 23, 2012
are you serious or stupid? his friends left him! you seriously think they didnt know he was shot! he possibly couldnt have been shot, ran to the car and left without them knowing! UNLESS possibly they were looking for money and drugs while he was wrestling the old man!
doofus

Columbia, SC

#25 Feb 23, 2012
They were looking to rob Benton when the fracas started. His friends split when it was going wrong and when Chance got shot. It was a stupid deal from the get-go with stupid people involved. Whatever they get for their stupidity is well deserved!
Idiots

Maryville, TN

#26 Feb 24, 2012
If you dance with the devil dont bitch when you get burned. They all deserve hard time.
looking from outside

United States

#27 Feb 26, 2012
How it looks from outside the box I don't know anyone involved. I'm not from this town or even from this state. I was looking for another story on topix when I found this. To the victim and his family . I'm sorry you and your family had to go through this. Now to those throwing judgments. Kids make bad choices in life. It is up to the family and us as a community to help them learn from them. Coming on here wishing death and bad things onto a young man shows that you are no better. I don't think what he did is ok in ANY way. Weather you like it or not this young man has many years left in your community. That's why you should help turn him around. I read some comments that said "I hope he gets hard time" . Now lets think about that. Do you really want him to do "hard time" and come back to your community with everything he has learned from prison. Ok the last thing. Its time we show kids that if you make a poor choice life isn't over. Kids think 'well my life over now that I have a record, so why change. We need to show them that a poor choice doesn't always mean that. And they can get second chances for a lot of the poor choices they have made. Just remember God is the real judge !!! God bless everyone
Ajs

Cookeville, TN

#28 Feb 26, 2012
shocked wrote:
are you serious or stupid? his friends left him! you seriously think they didnt know he was shot! he possibly couldnt have been shot, ran to the car and left without them knowing! UNLESS possibly they were looking for money and drugs while he was wrestling the old man!
had no idea chance got shot until the next day, fuc*face. he did not make one sound, he jumped in his car and left. you dont know what happend so stfu
hmm

Cookeville, TN

#29 Feb 26, 2012
looking from outside wrote:
How it looks from outside the box I don't know anyone involved. I'm not from this town or even from this state. I was looking for another story on topix when I found this. To the victim and his family . I'm sorry you and your family had to go through this. Now to those throwing judgments. Kids make bad choices in life. It is up to the family and us as a community to help them learn from them. Coming on here wishing death and bad things onto a young man shows that you are no better. I don't think what he did is ok in ANY way. Weather you like it or not this young man has many years left in your community. That's why you should help turn him around. I read some comments that said "I hope he gets hard time" . Now lets think about that. Do you really want him to do "hard time" and come back to your community with everything he has learned from prison. Ok the last thing. Its time we show kids that if you make a poor choice life isn't over. Kids think 'well my life over now that I have a record, so why change. We need to show them that a poor choice doesn't always mean that. And they can get second chances for a lot of the poor choices they have made. Just remember God is the real judge !!! God bless everyone
The world needs a lot more of people like you! I don't think it could have been said any better.
Angel Dust

Smartt, TN

#30 Feb 27, 2012
Very Curious wrote:
Anyone know if anything ever came of all that stuff that happened with him. Is he better? Did he get charged with anything??
The ragland are a sorry bunch of people all of them..in Jackson,Overton,Smith county,also Putnam counties.
AreYOuSerious

Maryville, TN

#31 Feb 28, 2012
I agree, we should just keep coddling these kids and making excuses for them so they can feel free to express themselves. After all, we wouldn't want them to be afraid of the law or see the benefits of being a productive citizen.
looking from outside

Hampstead, NC

#32 Feb 28, 2012
@AreYOuSerious:
First' The word is spelled "Condoning" and if you took that from my post. I can see now your not smart enough to debate this.
sorryBUT

Livingston, TN

#33 Feb 29, 2012
I knew damn well if I did ANYTHING LIKE THIS It would have broken my momma's heart then my daddy would have beaten me. Its all in how you are raised! Yes I know of his father...He is total trash. Its true. I know plenty of people that didn't have both parents growing up and they turned out fine, it made them WANT BETTER FOR THEIR CHILDREN WHEN THEY HAD THEM!! Not get a name for themselves before they were even GROWN! Didn't his mother work for something like abused mothers or something? THEN GOT ARRESTED FOR HITTING HER HUSBAND! COME ON! Don't wish death on the boy but looks like he wouldn't be so damn cocky after this event and would be trying to change his life around...doesn't seem like it.
AreYOuSerious

Maryville, TN

#34 Feb 29, 2012
@AreYOuSerious:
First' The word is spelled "Condoning" and if you took that from my post. I can see now your not smart enough to debate this.
codĚdle
&#8194; &#8194;[kod-l] Show IPA
verb (used with object),-dled,-dling.

1. to treat tenderly; nurse or tend indulgently; pamper: to coddle children when they're sick.

Hmm, seems someone has issues reading. Never said "condoning" did I. Perhaps you are the one that is "not smart enough to debate this".
AreYOuSerious

Maryville, TN

#35 Mar 3, 2012
@AreYOuSerious:
Open wide and we'll try and get that foot out of your mouth for you. LOL
a friend

Mooresville, NC

#36 Mar 4, 2012
Chance,
I hope you will never let any of these low life people who hide behind a computer get to you. Everyone makes mistakes and im sure those pointing fingers at you have skeletons hidden in their clothes too. You have way more people standing behind you and supporting you than the people trying to bring you down. Keep your head held high because you are honestly a great person.
NewRoomie

Maryville, TN

#37 Mar 4, 2012
"You have way more people standing behind you"

Yep, that would be cell block C waiting their turn on the new bitch.
nice people

Livingston, TN

#38 Mar 4, 2012
Wonder how some would feel if this "good ole boy" was up for murder...I would have shot him too. I'm sorry but the last thing on my mind would have been "well, he's a kid & they make mistakes"
starr684

Devault, PA

#39 Mar 4, 2012
well if you did wrong you will be punished. after you are punished hopefully you will see that doing wrong is not worth it. if you realize that doing wrong is not worth it then you have learned your lesson. then you should be able to get on with your life and not be punished and talked about forever. so a good idea might be to let him alone and see what happens, hopefully you all have something else to do
starr684

Devault, PA

#40 Mar 4, 2012
and that is another thing. he will be judged in a court of law. not by the public. that is one thing i have always hated about jackson county is that everybody makes everything there business when it is none of there business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Tina Hunter? 12 hr Helpful 3
Angela pigg 18 hr Barnes 2
Katrina Hendricks 20 hr Jck 5
Criminal Defense Attorney Sun baiten 2
Stephanie Hurst low lifee Sat justsaying 2
kenneth jay holland jr Fri asking 14
Jimmy Key Jr (Dec '10) Aug 18 Jlf 4

Gainesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance