Chance Ragland/ The Cue
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Very Curious

Livingston, TN

#1 Jan 14, 2012
Anyone know if anything ever came of all that stuff that happened with him. Is he better? Did he get charged with anything??
doofus

Columbia, SC

#2 Jan 14, 2012
He should have been charged with assault.
take a chance

Pauline, SC

#3 Jan 15, 2012
doofus wrote:
go up there and file some it not to late.
Very Curious

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jan 17, 2012
doofus wrote:
maybe he assualt u but i forgot u a coward
doofus

Columbia, SC

#5 Jan 17, 2012
Very Curious wrote:
<quoted text> maybe he assualt u but i forgot u a coward
You also forgot that you cannot spell assault! He was assaulting someone he thought was helpless in the face of his muscle. What a surprise he got. Maybe it will help him reconsider his actions in the future. You really are a very curious person, a big mouth just like old Cookeville Readers; at least he finally shut up!
wondr why

Livingston, TN

#6 Feb 10, 2012
WONDER WHY THEY HAVE NEVER CAME OUT AND PUBLICLY TOLD WHO ELSE WAS WITH HIM?

Teen charged in robbery attempt
by Mary Jo Denton

Tyler Chance Ragland

COOKEVILLE -- A Gainesboro teen who was shot and seriously injured at the front door of a bar last November has now been charged with trying to rob that business that night.

Tyler Chance Ragland, 19, of Blue Hill Lane, Gainesboro, was indicted by the Putnam grand jury this week after Cookeville Police Detective Sgt. Tammy Goolsby presented evidence in a case against him and two other men.

The detective alleges that on November 11 last year the three attempted to rob Benton Gaw, the 79-year-old owner of The Cue restaurant and bar on N. Willow Avenue.

Ragland, who was seriously injured that night when Benton Gaw fired a pistol, was arrested in the case yesterday by Officer Charles Quiett.

The other two suspects in the case have not yet been arrested.

Ragland spent several weeks in a hospital being treated for the gunshot injury. But yesterday he was booked into the Putnam jail, where his bond was set at $5,000. He posted bond and was released.

The case began at 3:30 a.m. on November 11 just after The Cue bar had closed, police said.

The owner of the business told police that three young men came to the front door of The Cue and said when he opened the door, they jumped him, knocking him to the ground and causing him to fear for his safety.

Gaw said he pulled out his pistol and shot it as he was being attacked.

A bullet struck Chance Ragland, and he jumped into a car and sped away, while the other two young men fled on foot, police said.

A short time later, police located Ragland's car at the intersection of Jackson and Willow. He was taken to the hospital here and then transferred to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, where he underwent surgery.

The indictment in the case alleges that Ragland and the other two men went to The Cue that night intending to steal cash from Thurman Gaw "by violence."

The names of the other two suspects will not been made public until they are arrested.

Ragland is to be arraigned in Criminal Court on February 24.

Read more: Herald Citizen - Teen charged in robbery attempt
Anthony Scantland

Gainesboro, TN

#7 Feb 10, 2012
wondr why wrote:
WONDER WHY THEY HAVE NEVER CAME OUT AND PUBLICLY TOLD WHO ELSE WAS WITH HIM?
Teen charged in robbery attempt
by Mary Jo Denton
Tyler Chance Ragland
COOKEVILLE -- A Gainesboro teen who was shot and seriously injured at the front door of a bar last November has now been charged with trying to rob that business that night.
Tyler Chance Ragland, 19, of Blue Hill Lane, Gainesboro, was indicted by the Putnam grand jury this week after Cookeville Police Detective Sgt. Tammy Goolsby presented evidence in a case against him and two other men.
The detective alleges that on November 11 last year the three attempted to rob Benton Gaw, the 79-year-old owner of The Cue restaurant and bar on N. Willow Avenue.
Ragland, who was seriously injured that night when Benton Gaw fired a pistol, was arrested in the case yesterday by Officer Charles Quiett.
The other two suspects in the case have not yet been arrested.
Ragland spent several weeks in a hospital being treated for the gunshot injury. But yesterday he was booked into the Putnam jail, where his bond was set at $5,000. He posted bond and was released.
The case began at 3:30 a.m. on November 11 just after The Cue bar had closed, police said.
The owner of the business told police that three young men came to the front door of The Cue and said when he opened the door, they jumped him, knocking him to the ground and causing him to fear for his safety.
Gaw said he pulled out his pistol and shot it as he was being attacked.
A bullet struck Chance Ragland, and he jumped into a car and sped away, while the other two young men fled on foot, police said.
A short time later, police located Ragland's car at the intersection of Jackson and Willow. He was taken to the hospital here and then transferred to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, where he underwent surgery.
The indictment in the case alleges that Ragland and the other two men went to The Cue that night intending to steal cash from Thurman Gaw "by violence."
The names of the other two suspects will not been made public until they are arrested.
Ragland is to be arraigned in Criminal Court on February 24.
Read more: Herald Citizen - Teen charged in robbery attempt
Dont worry ill be in paper also.
SCREW HIM

Maryville, TN

#8 Feb 11, 2012
Should have died and saved the taxpayers the money.
the truth

Lebanon, TN

#9 Feb 11, 2012
SCREW HIM wrote:
Should have died and saved the taxpayers the money.
U Dumbass, This Boy Has PPl & family That Love Him...After they turn 18 they make their own decisions...he made a bad one, & he will be prosecuted.....u arent the one to judge...he is our son....dont agree w what he did, but cant make his decisions for him...I dont appreciate ur comment... no god didnt want him on nov. 11th...he is a good boy, just made a wrong decision... so u better watch what u say....u never know when u will have a loved one who messes up....or perhaps dies...& see how u feel...I Will Pray For you...We Still Love Him!!!!
the truth

Lebanon, TN

#10 Feb 11, 2012
Anthony Scantland wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont worry ill be in paper also.
Anthony Scantland & Cody Dukes....Im Sure They Will Be In The paper Sunday!!!! Now.....Do u feel Better That U Know.....Noisy Ass!!!!
starr684

Hohenwald, TN

#11 Feb 11, 2012
you have to remember (and this includes when you are dating) everyone has a mother and she loves her child so think of the mother. if everyone did it would be a better place....also before making comment think if your mother would approve
Stuff

Maryville, TN

#12 Feb 12, 2012
He's nothing but white trash. He was willing to attack an elderly man for a few dollars. People say others should this of "his family" I'm sure that he was thinking of them when he did this. Hope he enjoys all the prison butt sex.
the truth

Lebanon, TN

#13 Feb 13, 2012
Stuff wrote:
He's nothing but white trash. He was willing to attack an elderly man for a few dollars. People say others should this of "his family" I'm sure that he was thinking of them when he did this. Hope he enjoys all the prison butt sex.
EXCUSE YOU!!!!! HE IS NOT WHITE TRASH!!!!! CHANCE RAGLAND IS A DANG GOOD BOY, HE JUST MADE A WRONG DECISION!!!!! HE WILL LEARN...LIKE I SAID B4, GOD DIDNT WANT HIM ON NOVEMBER 11,2011////THERE IS A REASON.....& TRUST ME HE WILL NOT GO TO PRISON.....& YEAH, MAYBE HE WASNT THINKIN OF HIS FAMILY THAT MORNING, BUT YOU HAD BETTER BET YOUR ASS THEY WAS ALL THERE FOR HIM!!!!! I LOVE HIM!!!!! DONT HAVE TO WORRY BOUT THE SEX....HE IS A GOOD LOOKING BOY, HE DONT HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTIN A GIRL!!!!! CHANCE IF U READ THIS, KEEP UR HEAD UP SON,ITS OBVIOUS THIS DUMBASS DONT KNOW WHAT THEY R TALKING ABOUT!!!!! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!!!
the truth

Lebanon, TN

#14 Feb 13, 2012
starr684 wrote:
you have to remember (and this includes when you are dating) everyone has a mother and she loves her child so think of the mother. if everyone did it would be a better place....also before making comment think if your mother would approve
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!
Tired Of BS

Maryville, TN

#15 Feb 13, 2012
,ITS OBVIOUS THIS DUMBASS DONT KNOW WHAT THEY R TALKING ABOUT!!!!! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!!!!!

WOW, "Innocent until proven guilty". I guess he was just passing by when a stray bullet hit him. Poor poor innocent child. Perhaps it's the wonderful job of parenting and accountability you are showing here that lead to his current situation.
wonder why

Livingston, TN

#16 Feb 13, 2012
His 2 best buddies up and ran off and left him to die! Knowing he was shot. The cowards just up and split! Not the kind of friends I want to have sitting by my side in the court room! I hope all 3 of the theiving scum bags rot! Anyone to sorry to work and resort to theiving is scum! Its just plain sorry! Get off your lazy asses and get a dang job!
The REAL Truth

Maryville, TN

#17 Feb 13, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text> U Dumbass, This Boy Has PPl & family That Love Him...After they turn 18 they make their own decisions...he made a bad one, & he will be prosecuted.....u arent the one to judge...he is our son....dont agree w what he did, but cant make his decisions for him...I dont appreciate ur comment... no god didnt want him on nov. 11th...he is a good boy, just made a wrong decision... so u better watch what u say....u never know when u will have a loved one who messes up....or perhaps dies...& see how u feel...I Will Pray For you...We Still Love Him!!!!
You're right, God (btw, that is spelled with a capitol G.) didn't want him, sinners go to HELL!! Preying on old men and robbing innocent people would qualify him for a position there I'm sure.
Time to quit making excuses for doing a poor job of raising your child and blaming everyone else. I have 2 children in their 20's with both of them being college graduates and neither of them having any type of criminal record. Raise them to make good decisions and they will, do a poor job and this is the result.
starr684

Devault, PA

#18 Feb 13, 2012
The REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, God (btw, that is spelled with a capitol G.) didn't want him, sinners go to HELL!! Preying on old men and robbing innocent people would qualify him for a position there I'm sure.
Time to quit making excuses for doing a poor job of raising your child and blaming everyone else. I have 2 children in their 20's with both of them being college graduates and neither of them having any type of criminal record. Raise them to make good decisions and they will, do a poor job and this is the result.
sweety the higher they are the harder they fall...worry about yours and let others worry about there own....
hunter123

Lebanon, TN

#19 Feb 16, 2012
The REAL Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not making excuses for raising their child, his father was absent from his life, he was raised by a single mother that done all she could do!!!!!! As a Matter of fact she was battling CANCER when this incident occured!!!!! She worked her whole life, & when she started having trouble with the boy, she begged for help, I know He was Raised Up Good, He was in Church every Sunday & She Was A Wonderful "MOTHER"....You try being a "single Mother!!!", & yes if he did this I Agree He Needs To pay But He Can Also Ask For Forgivness!!!!!Who In The Hell Do You Think You Are!!!!Your Not The Judge....You Need To Do Your Homework Before You Put BS On Here.... Why dont you go on back in your fairytale world & leave him alone!!!!!! NO "GOD" DIDNT WANT THE BOY ON 11-11-11......& If His "SORRY ASS" So Called Aunt & Uncle Would Stay Out Of It He Would Still Be In Jail!!!!!! Do Your Damn Homework FOOL!!!!!
hello

Pauline, SC

#20 Feb 16, 2012
well bussssssssss me one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House fires in Gainesboro 18 hr Central Fire 16
Trump! 18 hr Thinking Conserva... 59
How to get it broke off in u repair. 21 hr Wrench Boy 2
Gainesboro EMPLOYERS please read. 21 hr Employer 3
has anyone heard anything about layton ballard (Jul '10) 22 hr Lameton 18
What happened to Keanou hall? Tue big daddy 4
Anyones cable going in and out today Mon Just me 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gainesboro Mortgages