Just me

Cookeville, TN

#1 Oct 3, 2009
Does anybody know the outcome of the Twin Lakes Election yet? Thanks!!
calm and cofident

Gainesboro, TN

#2 Oct 3, 2009
Just like the talk on the street for the past few weeks Strong,Brown, and Brown in a landslide and Carlisle in a close race.A few topix fanatics and future candidates really hurt themselves by the negative campaigning and slurs done by a few on topix and in the general public.Even several documents with slurs were passed out but the voters are hard to fool and ignored them. Please stick to the facts that you know are true and can prove and don't condemn your fellow man for things you heard because all running were good people and offering to serve.I commend the candidates for not engaging in these acts.
Steven Pointer

Gainesboro, TN

#3 Oct 4, 2009
you know this site was SUPPOSE to be for discussing things not slander,sluring,and bashing people.the site operator should block anyone who is doing this. i think the canidates ran a clean race,winners and losers and commend all of them for this.it was we the people of J county that ran a negative race not them.and if you people will look the DSL your using for this site the price's went down and the phone bill's have not gone up in over 20yrs. unlike UCEMC who has to up their prices because they get their power for a outside source.not their fault but Twin Lakes is their own source of phone service and i thank them for not raising the bills cause we need a break everywhere we can get one.thank you, Steven Pointer
L jackson

Gainesboro, TN

#4 Oct 4, 2009
HEY steven not seen you long time
call me some time

Jamestown, TN

#5 Oct 4, 2009
How long has it been since a we got a capital credit check ?????

Spent on trips I guess..

Gainesboro, TN

#6 Oct 6, 2009
Now while I think the board does a good job our rates went up a few months ago and a few times before that in the past 20 years and if we get the best rates at no profit like a co-op needs to operate there is no capital credits.You only recieve capital credits if you've been over charged.
who are you kidding

Gainesboro, TN

#7 Oct 6, 2009
WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID MY BILL 20 YEARS AGO WAS 8.62, NOW ITS 60 DOLLARS AND THE BASE RATE IS 25-30 DOLLARS WITH NOTHING ON IT AND 20 YEARS AGO IT WAS 4.25 EVERY THINGS WENT UP ABOUT 6 TIMES INCLUDING OUR PHONE BILLS
just wondering

Maryville, TN

#8 Oct 6, 2009
who are you kidding wrote:
WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID MY BILL 20 YEARS AGO WAS 8.62, NOW ITS 60 DOLLARS AND THE BASE RATE IS 25-30 DOLLARS WITH NOTHING ON IT AND 20 YEARS AGO IT WAS 4.25 EVERY THINGS WENT UP ABOUT 6 TIMES INCLUDING OUR PHONE BILLS
does twin lakes still charge by the minute for "long distance" calls?i have charter and i can call anywhere in the u.s. and canada and its a base rate of 19.99 a month no matter where i call or how long i talk

Gainesboro, TN

#9 Oct 7, 2009
yes they have where its unlimited long distance thats 39.95 a month includes you reg bill too.

Byrdstown, TN

#10 Oct 8, 2009
guest wrote:
Now while I think the board does a good job our rates went up a few months ago and a few times before that in the past 20 years and if we get the best rates at no profit like a co-op needs to operate there is no capital credits.You only recieve capital credits if you've been over charged.
I tell ya what. Next time you are talking to one of the directors ask them general info on how much they are charging for long distance, internet, or how much something like caller Id cost, you will see just how little they know about what they are overseeing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gainesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suicide of the Month 2 hr lumber 7
News Stolen cell phone ringing gives away alleged thief 4 hr Nicki 8
Jackson Coubty Water District 7 hr Gotcha 6
What's up with the heat 9 hr for real 5
canoe rental on roaring river Sat sue 5
Lookin for Bubba Reece May 28 ms butterfly 9
Where's Derek? (Red) May 26 spitonhisgrave 30
More from around the web

Gainesboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE