America's Stake in China by Bill Clin...

America's Stake in China by Bill Clinton (2000)

Posted in the Gahanna Forum

Wait what

Dublin, OH

#1 Jun 26, 2012
"Last fall the United States signed the agreement to bring China into the WTO, on terms that will open its market to American products and investment. When China concludes similar agreements with other countries, it will join the WTO. But for us to benefit from that we must first grant it permanent normal trade relations (PNTR)- the same arrangement we have given other countries in the WTO. I submitted legislation to Congress to do that, and I again urge Congress to approve it as soon as possible."

http://www.dlc.org/ndol_ci.cfm...
Obvious

New York, NY

#2 Jun 27, 2012
good read
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#3 Jun 27, 2012
Sad, too, but there you have it. I try to pay extra to buy American made things if I can find them and the most recent item I found, after the sale deduction, was actually cheaper than comparable items made in China and of far better quality. Would love to see more of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gahanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prosecutors: Illegal Immigrant Minors Forced To... 29 min Big Johnson 1
News Community's drive awes Pelotonia boss 35 min Big Johnson 1
News Columbus man's home featured on HGTV's Tiny Hou... 37 min Big Johnson 1
VIRAL VIDEO: Watch homeless piano man 38 min Big Johnson 2
Republicans are Fun 9 hr Duke for Mayor 79
drugs in my apartments 9 hr Duke for Mayor 61
Purge 13 hr They cannot kill ... 17
More from around the web

Gahanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE