Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#165 Nov 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, WA. I've seen my nephew (who has 5 mouths to feed at home, plus his employees) and my husband both lose bids because of this law. It's antiquated, sucks and should come off the books.
As to unemployment rates, like my mom always said about work and higher education, "It's there for anyone who wants it bad enough." Look at Herman Cain.
Off to dinner now. But you know I am not an emotional anti-black bigot. What about all the, Chiniese hispanic and female owned firms? Should they get a 25% discount at the cost of the taxpayers and white men? It's BS.
http://thinkprogress.org/econo my/2013/08/08/2437671/minority -owned-small-businesses-get-st iffed-on-federal-contracts/

Here's your false 25% discount.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#166 Nov 10, 2013

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#167 Nov 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, there are at least 41+ attorneys from a Philly firm and accountants from PriceCooper that participate on my boss's returns (we have to file in 14 states also), and that to me, is normal. No big deal. All in a days work. These losers have no idea what a job is.
Don't lie, triflinlady. No one believes you.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#168 Nov 10, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
No, WA. I've seen my nephew (who has 5 mouths to feed at home, plus his employees) and my husband both lose bids because of this law. It's antiquated, sucks and should come off the books.
As to unemployment rates, like my mom always said about work and higher education, "It's there for anyone who wants it bad enough." Look at Herman Cain.
You should tell your nephew and husband that the work is there for anyone who wants it bad enough.

What's good for the goose...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#169 Nov 10, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> They don't get a 25% DISCOUNT, they only have a 10% SET ASIDE for open bid contracts, because white men had a 100% monopoly on government bid contracts!! Goddamn... you fkin people don't want blacks getting a damn thing. You people are crazy!
Furthermore, a " minority" doesn't mean just African American, white women are the largest " minorities" who holds the most government contracts out of the meager 10%; basically they're getting 8 out of the 10 for set asides! If you have a problem with the government giving something away then your mad at the wrong people! Talk to white women about that.
only you play the race card.

sorry reality bothers you.

all my post said was MINORITY...that includes white women.

Minority status moves you to the top of the pile in this world, so now you know why corporations are fleeing at rapid pace.

Employers get fined for not adhering to government minority % in an employee pool.

The best candidate hired potentially gets you fined.
Lester

Dayton, OH

#170 Nov 10, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> They don't get a 25% DISCOUNT, they only have a 10% SET ASIDE for open bid contracts, because white men had a 100% monopoly on government bid contracts!! Goddamn... you fkin people don't want blacks getting a damn thing. You people are crazy!
Furthermore, a " minority" doesn't mean just African American, white women are the largest " minorities" who holds the most government contracts out of the meager 10%; basically they're getting 8 out of the 10 for set asides! If you have a problem with the government giving something away then your mad at the wrong people! Talk to white women about that.
Produce the federal laws that granted white men a monopoly on government bid contracts.

Otherwise shut your claptrap.

In reality, there is no such law, because it exists only in your imagination.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#171 Nov 10, 2013
Lester wrote:
<quoted text>
Produce the federal laws that granted white men a monopoly on government bid contracts.
Otherwise shut your claptrap.
In reality, there is no such law, because it exists only in your imagination.
http://www.urban.org/publications/307416.html

I hope your hillbilly ass can read, Chester.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#172 Nov 10, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.urban.org/publications/307416.html
I hope your hillbilly ass can read, Chester.
the entire article is opinion, and not fact.

But you are missing the point.

Your article even danced around the real problem.

If you want to succeed you MUST overcome obstacles. We all have obstacles.

Whining about obstacles only places more of them in front of you.

Try harder.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#173 Nov 10, 2013
What, in the U.S.? Some people have an unfair advantage? They're white straight males??

LOL...no s--t, Sherlocks at the DoD. Real brilliance, that...:)
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#174 Nov 10, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the entire article is opinion, and not fact.
But you are missing the point.
Your article even danced around the real problem.
If you want to succeed you MUST overcome obstacles. We all have obstacles.
Whining about obstacles only places more of them in front of you.
Try harder.
Agreed...defeat them and punish those responsible. Of course, to a Rightie any complaints at all are considered "whining." That's because you're not the ones being discriminated against.

Chump.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#175 Nov 10, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...defeat them and punish those responsible. Of course, to a Rightie any complaints at all are considered "whining." That's because you're not the ones being discriminated against.
Chump.
White men, especially those over 40, are THE most discriminated against group in the workplace today. White men are the constant target of derision by the political, academic and legal classes.
This isn't 1980 anymore.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#176 Nov 10, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>White men, especially those over 40, are THE most discriminated against group in the workplace today. White men are the constant target of derision by the political, academic and legal classes.
This isn't 1980 anymore.
You evidently think I have an appetite for racist bulls--t. Sorry.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

#177 Nov 10, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>White men, especially those over 40, are THE most discriminated against group in the workplace today. White men are the constant target of derision by the political, academic and legal classes.
This isn't 1980 anymore.
Oh, yeah - you're the Klansman from Hilliard who names himself after black guys. I remember you. How're all the folks down at the Klavern?

LOL

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#178 Nov 10, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah - you're the Klansman from Hilliard who names himself after black guys. I remember you. How're all the folks down at the Klavern?
LOL
We successful, educated, taxpaying, working folks are responsible for your layabout existence. Keep that in mind as you whip out your EBT card for the Twinkies your snot-nosed kids are scarfing.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#179 Nov 10, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
You evidently think I have an appetite for racist bulls--t. Sorry.
Typical low-end black...facts are "bullsh!t" to you people.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#180 Nov 10, 2013
fingiswold wrote:
What, in the U.S.? Some people have an unfair advantage? They're white straight males??
LOL...no s--t, Sherlocks at the DoD. Real brilliance, that...:)
They're not trying hard enough, too many excuses.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#181 Nov 10, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the entire article is opinion, and not fact.
But you are missing the point.
Your article even danced around the real problem.
If you want to succeed you MUST overcome obstacles. We all have obstacles.
Whining about obstacles only places more of them in front of you.
Try harder.
Read the section titled FINDINGS. It is not an opinion.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#182 Nov 10, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>White men, especially those over 40, are THE most discriminated against group in the workplace today. White men are the constant target of derision by the political, academic and legal classes.
This isn't 1980 anymore.
Ha! Look around any corporate office and count how many black men you see. White men are the discriminated group in the workplace... yeah right, just because you guys can't slap the ass of a busty white bimbo in the office anymore without being fired doesn't mean you're being discriminated against. Try again, Todd.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#183 Nov 10, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>White men, especially those over 40, are THE most discriminated against group in the workplace today. White men are the constant target of derision by the political, academic and legal classes.
This isn't 1980 anymore.
It isn't ALL white men Paco. Its all white men like you.

woof

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#184 Nov 10, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't ALL white men Paco. Its all white men like you.
woof
Straight, conservative, family white men. Spot on, Douchie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gahanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marriage Vows 52 min sidekick 10
rebecca wild 2 hr They cannot kill ... 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 4,986
Mana s Skeleton Found In Woods In Central Ohio 3 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Where has Rowdy been? 3 hr They cannot kill ... 6
Joe Cocker is dead. 4 hr Politics anyone 70
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 10 hr Truthful 22
Gahanna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Gahanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Gahanna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Gahanna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:35PM
Pass Rush Is Bengals' Biggest Concern for Playoffs
Bleacher Report 9:41 PM
Was Reggie Nelson's Hit on Bell Dirty?
NFL10:12 PM
Reports: A.J. Green enters NFL's concussion protocol
NBC Sports10:26 PM
Tomlin says post-game incident with Nelson was unrelated to hit on Bell
ESPN10:33 PM
Bengals WR Green diagnosed with concussion