Nava to parents: Gadsden grad numbers...

Nava to parents: Gadsden grad numbers dead wrong

There are 24 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Nava to parents: Gadsden grad numbers dead wrong. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Gadsden Independent School District Superintendent Cynthia Nava asserted to a gathering of Gadsden parents Wednesday that state numbers showing a woeful graduation rate for Chaparral High School were flat-out wrong.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Have to wonder

Los Alamos, NM

#22 Jun 17, 2011
Depending on what peoples degrees are in a college degree is not that tough to get. Liberal Arts and Education degrees are a joke. Hell, kids are getting college credit for high school courses. You also have to look long hard look at the politics of college. Are liberal professors really going to fail a minority student or female?
writer

United States

#23 Jun 17, 2011
Have to wonder wrote:
Depending on what peoples degrees are in a college degree is not that tough to get. Liberal Arts and Education degrees are a joke. Hell, kids are getting college credit for high school courses. You also have to look long hard look at the politics of college. Are liberal professors really going to fail a minority student or female?
you bring up good points, so then the question should be-Once you get a degree-are you maximizing it's potential for economic gain? I have too many experiences seeing engineers, doctors, business people, soldiers, and lawyers get their "Education degree that is a joke" because teaching is "easy" and promptly leave and never come back, some before the first semester ends. So my question-why are these conservative professors giving teaching degrees to people who are clearly not cut for the classroom wasting my time and my students' time trying to work in a field that is "easy"?
Just me

El Paso, TX

#24 Jun 30, 2011
traveler1550 wrote:
I'll give 10-1 that all the negative comments are by people that fall below the poverty line and speak mexican. You get out of life and education what you are willing to put into it. If you want jobs cleaning up after other people just keep demanding that everything be handed to you because you speak mexican
What is Mexican? I never heard of that language before? Is it a new language? Is it European or it is from some other exotic place? Do educate us please since you are so well travelled and obviously educated. NOT!!
good neighbor sam

Los Alamos, NM

#25 Jul 2, 2011
Have to wonder wrote:
I don't suppose you have a degree, do you? If they're so easy to get, why don't you get one and then argue about how easy it was...? Ain't got nuthin' ta do wit liberal or not...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gadsden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local girls 7 hr Terael 3
News No natural light, no healthy food, detained imm... Mar 23 Mikey 5
News Police say elderly woman lost $15,000 in scam (Jul '12) Feb '17 WATCHING LIVONIA 2
Jonathan Cash Jan '17 Helpplease 1
Jonathan Cash Jan '17 lookingforlove 1
Good suboxone/buprenorphine Doctor in the Gadsd... (Dec '13) Jan '17 amford9600 10
Serious women only need respond (Jul '11) Dec '16 leann 3

Gadsden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Gadsden Mortgages