citizen

Guntersville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

My mother lives at Daugette Towers in Gadsden,In early February one of their elevators stopped working and hasn't been working since.I was just there this weekend and It took 10 minutes to get an elevator.I feel sorry for the senior citizens and disabled that have to wait so long.Most people that live there are unable to use the stairs.Why has this problem been ignored???

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Look who owns and operates the Tower, that should explain it clearly. And for the life of me, I don't see why anyone with any kind of disability would want to live in a building where they would be forced to use stairs, such as in a fire. That just seems stupid to me.
unknown

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Your right look at who owns them...AIMCO that should say it all. Aimco has alot of complaints against then, just do a google "AIMCO sucks" and see what you find. This building really needs to be condemned it's 82 years old and the managment is just as bad, not professional, uneducated, and rude!!
unknown

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Rebecca Wilson

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2010

Judged:

citizen wrote:
My mother lives at Daugette Towers in Gadsden,In early February one of their elevators stopped working and hasn't been working since.I was just there this weekend and It took 10 minutes to get an elevator.I feel sorry for the senior citizens and disabled that have to wait so long.Most people that live there are unable to use the stairs.Why has this problem been ignored???
I also live here. I live outside now. But when the elevators stopped working, it was not dew to anything that Daugette Towers did or did not do. And if you are to scared to put you name on your comment then don't comment. But the outage was because of a truck hitting a power line by Johnson's. And it blow the motor's in the elevators. People from Birmingham has to come up here to fix them. And parts has to be ordered. And I don't think you want to know what the parts cost to fix them. Now if you have a complaint take it to the office.
craig graham

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2010

Judged:

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed Rebecca? If the elevators have been out since Feb. That sounds like a reason for concern to me.
Rebecca Wilson

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Judged:

craig graham wrote:
Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed Rebecca? If the elevators have been out since Feb. That sounds like a reason for concern to me.
The elevators have not been out since Feb. They were only out for about a week or two. Then they got them fixed. I know this building needs work, but it is still fit to live in. And if the woman from North Port is so concerned about her mother being her, why don't she move her in with her. That way she would not have to worry any more.
Curious

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Rebecca Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
The elevators have not been out since Feb. They were only out for about a week or two. Then they got them fixed. I know this building needs work, but it is still fit to live in. And if the woman from North Port is so concerned about her mother being her, why don't she move her in with her. That way she would not have to worry any more.
Amen
Rebecca Wilson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Daugette Towers really needs new management. The ones that are in there now have their little picks as to who they let get away with things. And to hell with everyone else. I think it is wrong the way they do some people around here. Kicking people out without reason. Roam has it that the building is being sold again. If this is true, they need to come in here and clean house. Get rid of everyone in the office, because they don't do anything any ways. And get some one in here that knows what they are doing and will take care of business. This office is always behind on paperwork. They are forever saying do not interrupt us we are busy doing paper work. We need to get caught up on everything. Well if you done it when it comes in or do the renews when it's time to do them, then you would not get behind. It's really not that hard. Come on people, I ran a convenience stores when I lived in Louisiana. In fact I ran 2 of them. Had to go in and clean them out. I had to get everything back in order, the way it was suppose to be. Besides, one of the employees here is suppose to help the residents with public issues, get them help if they need it. The only thing she knows how to do is sit on her ass and listen to what everyone else is saying. Someone please come, buy the building and straighten it out. I think with better management, this building would be a lot better.
San

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2011

I drove by there tonight and the place was covered with cops maybe they're busting the drug addicts,prostitutes and other scum that live there.I had family that lived there years ago and it was a decent place for senior living now it's the lowest of slums in Gadsden.I wouldn't want my in-laws to have to live in such a he||hole.I've heard talk that the building is going to be condemned very soon anyway.
well

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Where is this place?
San

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Forrest/Broad Street and 7th street across from the Pittman Theater in downtown Gadsden.
Becky

Helena, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

The place has been sold. And from what I understand it is only going to get worst. I am doing everything I can to get out of here. It was not that bad when I first moved in, but over the years it has gotten bad. I have found out that the office has their picks as to what is being done to who. The people that needs to be kicked out of here are the ones that are staying, and the ones that need to stay are getting kicked out. I have never seen a place like this in all my life. I wished I knew who bought the building and how to get in touch with them. But I will one way or the other find out. And I will get in touch with them and let them know just what is and has been going on here. I'm not saying that everyone needs to loose their jobs, but there are a few that needs to go. The ones that actually work are the ones that need to stay. Not the brown noser's or the ones that just want to sit on their ass's and not do anything. But I know one way or the other changes are coming and it doesn't sound like it's changing for the better. Too bad, because this could be a good place to live if things were different.
unknown

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

i think that this place could be a realy good place to live the manager and the top maintance man are running this place there way and it goes down hill more and more every day i think they are the ones that need to be gone and then this place will be a better to live
wondering

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

If the Towers has been sold,shouldn't the residents be informed as to who they will be paying their rent to?All the trouble around here comes mostly from people that don't even live here.Residents family members and guests are the problem.They come to swim in our pool,throw their trash down,cigareete butts everywhere,chewing tobacco spit out in the breezeway,floats left,and lots of unnessary noise.This all happens after 5pm and on weekends when no employees are here.The other problem is residents move their grown children in with them in a 1 bedroom apt.If they are grown they need a job and a place of their own,not living in a building for senior and disable people.What this place need is SECURITY OFFICERS or CAMERAS on every door that enter the building,and all parking lots.We need empolyees that care about their job and not just a pacheck,if you are going to be a manager or head mantiance man,DO YOUR JOB!Manger,throw all troublemakers and rulebreakers out of here.Head Maintence man DO YOUR JOB,this building,pool and grounds are nasty and needs a good cleaning.If you don't want to do your job QUIT and let someone have it who does.The residents at the Towers are tired of looking at the filth in this building.RESIDENTS stop complaining to the manager and start complaining to the Health Dept.Better Business Buera,and Hud.Call the State and tell them to send an inspector out here.Call your local SENATOR tell him about the problems here.GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND TAKE PRIDE IN WHERE YOU LIVE,DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT IT.
jekyl

Fayette, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2011

wondering wrote:
If the Towers has been sold,shouldn't the residents be informed as to who they will be paying their rent to?All the trouble around here comes mostly from people that don't even live here.Residents family members and guests are the problem.They come to swim in our pool,throw their trash down,cigareete butts everywhere,chewing tobacco spit out in the breezeway,floats left,and lots of unnessary noise.This all happens after 5pm and on weekends when no employees are here.The other problem is residents move their grown children in with them in a 1 bedroom apt.If they are grown they need a job and a place of their own,not living in a building for senior and disable people.What this place need is SECURITY OFFICERS or CAMERAS on every door that enter the building,and all parking lots.We need empolyees that care about their job and not just a pacheck,if you are going to be a manager or head mantiance man,DO YOUR JOB!Manger,throw all troublemakers and rulebreakers out of here.Head Maintence man DO YOUR JOB,this building,pool and grounds are nasty and needs a good cleaning.If you don't want to do your job QUIT and let someone have it who does.The residents at the Towers are tired of looking at the filth in this building.RESIDENTS stop complaining to the manager and start complaining to the Health Dept.Better Business Buera,and Hud.Call the State and tell them to send an inspector out here.Call your local SENATOR tell him about the problems here.GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND TAKE PRIDE IN WHERE YOU LIVE,DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF TALKING ABOUT IT.
I agree, I hear alot of talk on this site but that's as far as it goes, when did peple give up on themselves? Pretty sad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Gadsden Discussions

Search the Gadsden Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Gadsden purchases riverfront property for $1.75... 5 hr Glad2bgone 3
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Give me a break 203
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul 23 Give Him a Brain 84
new life for women rehab Jul 13 Been there 2
New Etowah County Arrests and Mugshot Jul 10 Janet Nell Pirce 2
B&B Tree Service Jul 9 Oh NO 2
Dr Hood (Dec '13) Jul 5 hope it helps 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Gadsden Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••