More Catholics embrace traditions

More Catholics embrace traditions

There are 261 comments on the Detroit News story from Mar 13, 2009, titled More Catholics embrace traditions. In it, Detroit News reports that:

When the Sussmans of Brighton visit upstate New York or Quebec, they make sure to bring back some indulgences -- the kind that, they and other Catholics believe, spares them from some of the suffering for their ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit News.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
SartoSuarez

Naples, FL

#1 Mar 14, 2009
"Some Catholics who attend the more traditional rituals say they are quite progressive in outlook, willing to at least discuss issues like married and women priests and are more accepting of homosexuality than the Vatican, for example. They say their choice of forms of worship is not at all about the politics of the church. They simply find the traditional Mass aesthetically pleasing, with its Gregorian chants..."

Its one thing to disagree with Traditional Catholics and priests over what modern music is acceptable, it is another to promote heresy and disagree with what the Church has traditional taught for nearly 2000 years even if the traditional position is not entirely dogmatic (i.e married priests).
This is one of the major problems with the indult/Ecclesia Dei and even FSSP as of recent. It is also one the cons to the MP. It seems that the resurgence of tradition is being driven more by neo-Catholic types who like smells, bells, and order rather than an actual return to tradition in all things as Saint Pius X asked for. It was easier to tell years ago who was traditional and who was not. At SSPX/Independent and even Sede Chapels (though I'm not endorsing Sedes) this problem doesn't really exist.
The rise of the indult/Ecclesia Dei/FSSP in the later years of JPII and Benedict XVI has lead to a "have my cake and eat it too mentality" amongst neocaths. Now they can attend the TLM without having to be traditional. Sure they may rightly reject clown masses but they still accept the clown theology of modernism which the new mass is based upon.
JohnSV

Hayden, ID

#2 Mar 25, 2009
SartoSuarez wrote:
"Some Catholics who attend the more traditional rituals say they are quite progressive in outlook, willing to at least discuss issues like married and women priests and are more accepting of homosexuality than the Vatican, for example. They say their choice of forms of worship is not at all about the politics of the church. They simply find the traditional Mass aesthetically pleasing, with its Gregorian chants..."
Its one thing to disagree with Traditional Catholics and priests over what modern music is acceptable, it is another to promote heresy and disagree with what the Church has traditional taught for nearly 2000 years even if the traditional position is not entirely dogmatic (i.e married priests).
This is one of the major problems with the indult/Ecclesia Dei and even FSSP as of recent. It is also one the cons to the MP. It seems that the resurgence of tradition is being driven more by neo-Catholic types who like smells, bells, and order rather than an actual return to tradition in all things as Saint Pius X asked for. It was easier to tell years ago who was traditional and who was not. At SSPX/Independent and even Sede Chapels (though I'm not endorsing Sedes) this problem doesn't really exist.
The rise of the indult/Ecclesia Dei/FSSP in the later years of JPII and Benedict XVI has lead to a "have my cake and eat it too mentality" amongst neocaths. Now they can attend the TLM without having to be traditional. Sure they may rightly reject clown masses but they still accept the clown theology of modernism which the new mass is based upon.
I wholeheartedly agree. For many it's about pomp and circumstance vs substance but for some of us we want both.
fed up with the mess

United States

#3 Mar 26, 2009
Perfect example of catholics putting their faith in traditions and rituals instead of GOD. They do EVERYTHING against what thus says the LORD in the bible . Why do they do this???
JohnSV

Hayden, ID

#4 Apr 2, 2009
fed up with the mess wrote:
Perfect example of catholics putting their faith in traditions and rituals instead of GOD. They do EVERYTHING against what thus says the LORD in the bible . Why do they do this???
What the hell are you talking about? Tradtional Mass is all about Jesus and God.
Ace Malone

Jackson Heights, NY

#5 Apr 2, 2009
Restoring the traditional mass is great, but even more important is restoring the traditional faith.

Both were taken away at the second Vatican council. The rsults were devastating.

The church lost two thirds of it's faithful. Novelty is no substitute for the real thing.
Pony Express Rider

Jackson Heights, NY

#6 Apr 4, 2009
There are traditional Catholics who have to ignore Rome and the pope to get the old time religion.

So they do so. Unfortunately Rome has to be by-passed if any progress is to be made.

If that is necessary then so be it.
fedupwiththemess

Springfield, VA

#7 Apr 7, 2009
JohnSV wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? Tradtional Mass is all about Jesus and God.
And the priest pretending to turn grape juice into the blood of Christ is not honoring GOD.
fedupwiththemess

Springfield, VA

#8 Apr 7, 2009
Ace Malone wrote:
Restoring the traditional mass is great, but even more important is restoring the traditional faith.
Both were taken away at the second Vatican council. The rsults were devastating.
The church lost two thirds of it's faithful. Novelty is no substitute for the real thing.
Perfect example of pagan rules of the church.
Lucille Lovequest

Jackson Heights, NY

#9 Apr 7, 2009
Protests are totally ignorant of the true faith. They will find out when it is too late.
fedupwiththemess

Springfield, VA

#10 Apr 7, 2009
Lucille Lovequest wrote:
Protests are totally ignorant of the true faith. They will find out when it is too late.
yes you will. What is the true faith??? can I find it in the bible??? Where. Who says what the true faith is. its not being catholic at all. That is a fake religion. They don't go by the bible. They make up lies like mormons.
keltec 9mm

Hollywood, FL

#11 Apr 7, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>yes you will. What is the true faith??? can I find it in the bible??? Where. Who says what the true faith is. its not being catholic at all. That is a fake religion. They don't go by the bible. They make up lies like mormons.


Who cares what a messed up heretic says?
fedupwiththemess

Springfield, VA

#12 Apr 7, 2009
keltec 9mm wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what a messed up heretic says?
you do...that is why you keep responding...catholic, lying fool.
keltec 9mm

Hollywood, FL

#13 Apr 7, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>you do...that is why you keep responding...catholic, lying fool.


Since you are an idiot I was following your posts to see if your idiocy was terminal.
JOHN

Tustin, CA

#14 Apr 7, 2009
SartoSuarez wrote:
"Some Catholics who attend the more traditional rituals say they are quite progressive in outlook, willing to at least discuss issues like married and women priests and are more accepting of homosexuality than the Vatican, for example. They say their choice of forms of worship is not at all about the politics of the church. They simply find the traditional Mass aesthetically pleasing, with its Gregorian chants..."
Its one thing to disagree with Traditional Catholics and priests over what modern music is acceptable, it is another to promote heresy and disagree with what the Church has traditional taught for nearly 2000 years even if the traditional position is not entirely dogmatic (i.e married priests).
This is one of the major problems with the indult/Ecclesia Dei and even FSSP as of recent. It is also one the cons to the MP. It seems that the resurgence of tradition is being driven more by neo-Catholic types who like smells, bells, and order rather than an actual return to tradition in all things as Saint Pius X asked for. It was easier to tell years ago who was traditional and who was not. At SSPX/Independent and even Sede Chapels (though I'm not endorsing Sedes) this problem doesn't really exist.
The rise of the indult/Ecclesia Dei/FSSP in the later years of JPII and Benedict XVI has lead to a "have my cake and eat it too mentality" amongst neocaths. Now they can attend the TLM without having to be traditional. Sure they may rightly reject clown masses but they still accept the clown theology of modernism which the new mass is based upon.
I am not sure which group you belong to, but I have begun to read the materials from the SSPX. I feel that anyone that considers themselves traditional Catholic, we owe a debt of graditude to the SSPX. I personally am going to the Latin Mass that is still loyal to the Holy Father, but could very easily go to a parish that is aligned to the SSPX.
fedupwiththemess

Springfield, VA

#15 Apr 8, 2009
catholics should be lovers of GOD instead of traditions...fools.
keltec 9mm

United States

#16 Apr 8, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
catholics should be lovers of GOD instead of traditions...fools.


Heretic.
fedupwiththemess

Springfield, VA

#17 Apr 8, 2009
keltec 9mm wrote:
<quoted text>
Heretic.
your mammy is a heretic.
keltec 9mm

United States

#18 Apr 8, 2009
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>your mammy is a heretic.
You never had a mammy.
fed up with the mess

United States

#19 Apr 14, 2009
keltec 9mm wrote:
<quoted text>
You never had a mammy.
Your mammy....
Carla

Hayden, ID

#20 Apr 20, 2009
JOHN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not sure which group you belong to, but I have begun to read the materials from the SSPX. I feel that anyone that considers themselves traditional Catholic, we owe a debt of graditude to the SSPX. I personally am going to the Latin Mass that is still loyal to the Holy Father, but could very easily go to a parish that is aligned to the SSPX.
My husband and I are joining a SSPX church this week. We attended Latin mass during Easter weekend and I am hooked. I thought it was the most amazing church experience I had ever had. There was a moment during the candelight vigil outdoors when I felt as if I could have been standing in front of Jesus' tomb 2000 years ago doing the same thing. I hadn't realized what I had been missing all these years. It was a very profound experience and we are looking forward to becoming members.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fultonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
F@#k the Kretser boys 26 min OneLife 4
Tom Quackenbush is Hiding from the truth about ... 6 hr you must pay 2
Who is Running for Fort Plain Mayor in March 2017 8 hr truth hurts 67
Bulling in Fort Plain Schools Fri Ole timer 5
Sacred Heart Church in Tribes Hill Thu SUCK IT SADIE 7
Gary Sweet (Feb '13) Thu scum 62
Gotta have a 12 in d!ck Feb 23 LostBoi 1

Fultonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fultonville Mortgages