Building Is Booming in a City of Emp...

Building Is Booming in a City of Empty Houses

There are 7 comments on the www.nytimes.com story from May 17, 2010, titled Building Is Booming in a City of Empty Houses. In it, www.nytimes.com reports that:

After Housing Bust, Builders Dust Off the Boom Machine

In a plastic tent under a glorious desert sky, Richard Lee preached the gospel of the second chance.

The chance to make money on the next housing boom “is like it’s never been,” Mr. Lee, a real estate promoter, assured a crowd of agents, investors and bankers. “We’re going to come back like you’ve never seen us before.”

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nytimes.com.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#1 May 17, 2010
In a new false derivative market based on nothing and backed with nothing but bullsh!t speculation? more than likely.
Lance Winslow

United States

#2 May 17, 2010
Kahoki wrote:
In a new false derivative market based on nothing and backed with nothing but bullsh!t speculation? more than likely.
So?
Out economy has always valued profits over benefiting the American public.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#3 May 17, 2010
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>So?
Out economy has always valued profits over benefiting the American public.
yer right, lance...
we only need to look as far as the old soviet union to see how well "benefiting the public" over valuing profits works in real life.
Lance Winslow

United States

#5 May 17, 2010
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
yer right, lance...
we only need to look as far as the old soviet union to see how well "benefiting the public" over valuing profits works in real life.
Personnally, I favor the examples of American capitalists who held their workers in high regard, like Samuel Colt.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#6 May 18, 2010
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Personnally, I favor the examples of American capitalists who held their workers in high regard, like Samuel Colt.
that was NOT your position, lance ... you used a blanket statement to condemn the entire free enterprize system when you SAID...

"Our economy has always valued profits over benefiting the American public."

a good example of why nobody takes what you say seriously
Robert

Bronx, NY

#7 May 18, 2010
Another matter that has not received much media attention;

May God bless and have mercy on us.
Lance Winslow

United States

#8 May 18, 2010
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
that was NOT your position, lance ... you used a blanket statement to condemn the entire free enterprize system when you SAID...
"Our economy has always valued profits over benefiting the American public."
a good example of why nobody takes what you say seriously
I embrace free enterprise, but I feel it is not without some shortcomings, especially when matters wind up in the hands of perverts, criminals, mental cretins, the uneducated uneducatable populace and other far right extremists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fulton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what ever happened Feb 15 liked her too 2
Douglas Waterbury Trial Feb 15 OPD 5
News Help us find the best chicken wings in Central ... Feb 14 Bobs Friend 16
News Police find man suspected of stealing from Scri... Feb 10 Betty Gray 1
nice wig chalone Feb 10 jimmy 1
Looking for Birth Sibling (Feb '17) Feb 9 The Warden 5
Danielle Proulx Feb 8 Engine Block 3

Fulton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance