Who do you support for School Board 1 in Mississippi (Prentiss County) in 2010?

Posted in the Fulton Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2010
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Concerned Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Voted For Perry Walden

He has done a good job while in office. He is one of the only board member that will tell you like it is and looks at for the best interest of all schools. McCoy does not need this job if you ever have a disagreement with him he stays mad at you forever. He will just vote for whatever davis and stroupe wants him to if the are re-elected. Never was concerned about the school when he was in school why is he now and was very racist in school.
NEMJC Class of 82

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Judged:

Who has done a Good Job?

Perry??lol!lol!!

LMAO!!!!!
Concerned Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

I sure do think he has done a good job.
So should I vote for the one who drinks all the time in McCoy ( that would be a good example for my son)or the one who never grad. from High School in Russell.
NEMJC Class of 82

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Concerned Parent wrote:
I sure do think he has done a good job.
So should I vote for the one who drinks all the time in McCoy ( that would be a good example for my son)or the one who never grad. from High School in Russell.
You did not even name who you are supporting, some supporter you are!
Voting for Jason

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

First of all concerned parent, Jason is not a racist and is not a drunk. He has three children in school and if you talk to him, he will say that is why he is running. He has education in mind, not sports. Maybe you should look his number up in the phone book and be a man or woman and talk to him personally instead of accussing him of something he is not.
Voting For McCoy

Golden, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

I have know Jason for 30 years, This is news to me of him being racist or a drunk and as for him not being concerned about school when he was in school, if that is so, kids will be kids and there are some great people who have went on to do great things that may not have been as concerned with high school as other students were. I don't see the harm in Jason following in his father's footsteps in having an elected position for our school system. He is young and I believe willing to work hard at everything he pursues in life.
Concerned Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

What is wrong with sports in school? It has gotten a lot of students thru college on a free ride. They became fruitful citizens after playing sports in college. If you look around there are million dollar gyms on school campuses. Who built those gyms? Think hard, Mr. Ed McCoy Jason father. Don't you think that we could have built a new school building at one school instead of a gym. Sounds strange to me. I don't know Jason personaly, but I do know Mr. Walden and I know he is intrested in Thrasher school. I have seen him working around the campus doing what ever needs doing. For someone to say that he is not intrested in our school is insane!!!
Voting for Jason

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

So if you do not personally know Jason, how can you call him a drunk and a racist? Nothing is wrong with sports in school but acedemics should be first.
Concerned parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Different concerned parent.
blue eyed girl

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

I have known Jason, and his family for a very long time and I know them to be dedicated to their God, their children, their family and their community. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that he is the best person for the job. He will be fair and impartial to all. I cannot vote in this district, wish I could. 1st district people if you want someone who has the best interest of your children at heart do the smart thing and vote for Jason McCoy.
Voting For McCoy wrote:
I have know Jason for 30 years, This is news to me of him being racist or a drunk and as for him not being concerned about school when he was in school, if that is so, kids will be kids and there are some great people who have went on to do great things that may not have been as concerned with high school as other students were. I don't see the harm in Jason following in his father's footsteps in having an elected position for our school system. He is young and I believe willing to work hard at everything he pursues in life.
Was voting for McCoy

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

I was going to vote for McCoy until I read the banner last night. The things he said we needed in the county like curriculum director and all that we already have in place. Also, sounds like he against sports to me and what you hear people talking in community no sports won't have to worry about academics then the school won't be here long because all kids will leave anyway. Also 70percent of this county voted for consolidation but he said he was very much against bc we would have buildings not being used. The savings come from teaching units we have kids for 2 alg teachers in the county but we pay four. That eliminates the advance classes. I want my child tomb able to compete with the state the nation and the world not jumpertown, thrasher, new site and wheeler. Until we consolidate we will never be able to offer my child this chance. If he does win I'm glad he is in favor of releasing students because mine will be one of the first to be enrolled at Booneville
Concerned parent

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

I bet everyone saying he not racist is white and wasn't in school with as a black kid like myself.
JJWinf

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Voted For Perry Walden

Is one of the few that shows some common sense and leadership abilities. Only negative is he like many of the others have been wishy washy on the consolidation issue.
janet p

Atmore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Voted For Jimmy Wayne Russell

all though i do nt like him he is for cosolidation
Concerned Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

NEMJC Class of 82 wrote:
Who has done a Good Job?
Perry??lol!lol!!
LMAO!!!!!
You don't even know what your talking about. You must be kin to the McCoys. Just tell me what is so wrong with Mr. Walden? Things that you jnow for a fact and not hearsay!!
Things I Know

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

Perry has more business sense than most on the board but he does not use it as he should. He is like the other board members doing whatever it takes to keep Their School
open at the Expense of the District as a whole.
The Board should act with the best interest of the District in mind.
Perry is not really for Consilidation unless Thrasher survives the Consolidation.
I know both men

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

To all that is saying Perry is a business man, has common sense, and is truthful. Has never worked with him or been around him longer than a few mins. because you would know that is all wrong!! I have family members that have worked with him, went to school with him, and its mighty funny how they all say the same thing. And that is he will say what he wants you to know to your face and then turn around and stab you in the back. And as far as he is for making Thrasher better..how is spending $4000 on the football sound system better for the kids when they have books that are falling apart, some don't have all the pages in them, they have photo copies stuck in them!! Yah thats what I want my child to have to learn with. And as far as Jason goes why are you all saying things about what his father did? Jason is his own person he will do what needs to be done.
Concerned Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

You have your opion about Perry, there like ( you no what ) everyone has one. The people I talk to has different view of him. Yhey knew him growing up in school. He never thought he was better than anyone, treated people right and never tried to run over anyone. He will stand up for wha he belives in and he won't be pushed around. As far as stabbing you in the back I have never heard that one. I guess you attack people you don't like. Perry has never said anything bad about any one running against him. I'm sure he is not perfect but know one is. He has made mistakes and he'll tell you that. I guess Jason has never made a mistake. As far as books at Thrasher falling apart... Its not the sound system that the school purchased ( that had nothing to do with Perry he doesen't tell people what to buy or not to buy and if you don't belive me just call the school and ask anyone. Thrasher has used Mr. Taylor's sound system for the last 20 or so years. I think it was about time to buy one. We could not depend on Mr. Taylors for ever. Perry gets blamed for alot of things being done at thrasher as far as spending money. I know that Mr. Gifford has donated 95% of the money, labor and supplies that were used to make improvements at School. Instead of pointing fingers and trying to run anyone down why don't you roll up YOUR sleves and join in or just keep your BIG MOUTH SHUT!!!
I know both men

Booneville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

well what exactly are you to Perry his wife or one of his girlfriends? just wanting to know who is defending him..lol
Facts

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

I can tell you a fact. He voted to get rid of the elementary school at Thrasher during state testing time for elementary students, along with two other board memebers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fulton Discussions

Search the Fulton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Jul 24 OS Resident 1,964
Amber Wallace Russell Jul 21 Curious 13
Father charged in baby murder (Jan '08) Jul 20 Just Saying 32
Mueller opinions (Jul '13) Jul 15 interested 9
mueler copper tubing (Jan '14) Jul 15 interested 7
Shonda Baswell (Mar '13) Jul 9 LOL 17
Fulton police Jul 8 Citizen 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fulton Jobs

•••