new to the area

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

I am new to the area and would like to know the best place to buy meat (ribeyes, ribs, etc.). Any help is appreciated!!
wowser

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

i usually get steaks and ribs from Wal-Mart
Ralph

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

The meat market on the corner of 4th and Carr, Pic Pac or E.W. James in Union City but definately NOT Wal-mart.
Pic Pac shopper

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

I buy all meat from Pic Pac. The quality is excellent and there is a meat cutter on duty in the meat dept. during the daytime hours.
Dumb

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

I shop everywhere and prefer my ground beef fresh so Pic Pac or Save A Lot are my preference. I have recently started buying my steaks and rump roasts from WalMart. And they are fantastic! I usually don't buy any other meat from there except for chicken occasionally. The ground beef is awful!!! I agree about using a grocery that has a butcher on duty, it's nice to be able to get a piece of meat cut the way you want it.
shopper

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

You can get freash cut meats at the meat market in Mayfield.
Pic Pac shopper

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

I have heard others say the meat at the Mayfield meat market is outstanding. I stay with Pic Pac because I have to weigh the cost of fuel to travel to Mayfield. If I were going there for other business, no doubt it would be worthwhile visiting the meat market while I was there.
Great

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Where is the meat market in mayfield?
shopper

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Its leaving Mayfield going toward Lone Oak. Past the RV place & past the Bennetts car lot. Look for a yellow sign on your right that says Slaughter House, its at the end of that road. Closed on Mondays. They have alot of other things as well. Frozen vegs, shrimp, fish, biscuits, & lots of more.
wowser

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

I've been by there several times and did not know this , thanks "shopper" !
charlie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Iant it called farmers? I use buy all meat there and other frozen items that are good. I know he was retiring and someone else was taking over. I've been to busy to get to mayfield so I'm kot sure if that happen yet. Or may have 4 months ago. I agree about gas but when we go we get month supply and the meat is cheaper and better than walmart. I won't run down local stores because were lucky to have them. Save a lot has skeleton crew working. I encourage more people to shop save a lot. I purchase cannes goods and some frozen foods monthly to help keep it open.
yep

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Pic pac, Got my vote!
bestmeatbyfar

Mayfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2012

jimmys market in fulton ky
Ginepri

Utica, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Yeah, Jimmy's always has good meat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fulton Discussions

Search the Fulton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min wtf 146,730
tall guy? 2 hr curious 8
obama care ins. 3 hr me 7
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr iuhj 26,206
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 6 hr lol 1,028
Candle factory (Feb '13) 9 hr Smirker 38
El Vallarta (Jun '10) 9 hr Smirker 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fulton Jobs

•••