Dangerous Streets in Fulton

Posted in the Fulton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ava

Union City, TN

#1 Aug 30, 2010
What streets/areas do you try to avoid in Fulton for your personsl safety?
VOID

United States

#2 Aug 30, 2010
all of them! They need to shut Fulton down--but...its slowly going down anyway. Heard another business os lake st is going out of business after the 1st of the year because of the constant raises in utilities, taxes etc....fulton doesnt want to grow. Obivious by the high rates and constant raising something
well

Owensboro, KY

#3 Aug 30, 2010
what is going out? they need to hurry and paint it.
Marie

Union City, TN

#4 Aug 30, 2010
Vine St. People all out in the middle of the street, wont move, like they wanna be hit so they can sue me. Im trying to get to work,while they get to walk up and down this st all day.I Wish i could get my morning swagger on.
exeastfultonresi dent

Troy, TN

#5 Sep 2, 2010
Marie wrote:
Vine St. People all out in the middle of the street, wont move, like they wanna be hit so they can sue me. Im trying to get to work,while they get to walk up and down this st all day.I Wish i could get my morning swagger on.
I couldnt agree with you more. The blacks (and yes to all who will comment back on this) it is black people who do this. They walk in the middle of the street like they are just daring you to hit them. I would never want to see anyone hurt or killed but sometimes i did wish i could just bump them enough to show them they need to MOVE. Im not sure why black folks think they can stop a car. They better hope someday someone is not having a bad day and decides to hell with it and plows into them. They walk in the middle of the road and then just look at you like "what, im not moving". So ignorant.
Cocoa

Louisville, KY

#6 Sep 2, 2010
exeastfultonresident wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldnt agree with you more. The blacks (and yes to all who will comment back on this) it is black people who do this. They walk in the middle of the street like they are just daring you to hit them. I would never want to see anyone hurt or killed but sometimes i did wish i could just bump them enough to show them they need to MOVE. Im not sure why black folks think they can stop a car. They better hope someday someone is not having a bad day and decides to hell with it and plows into them. They walk in the middle of the road and then just look at you like "what, im not moving". So ignorant.
I totally Agree with you...and they start name calling to and kussing people out like they own the streets! It's sad to behave in such a way!! I think people need to grow up, and act like they have some sense. But it won't happen, they have nothing else to do with their life but walk the street and act childish!!

Memphis, TN

#7 Sep 2, 2010
I agree its getting worse
Ponyboy

Louisville, KY

#8 Sep 2, 2010
They need to have cameras on that street so they can see how the people stand out in the road like that, and all that goes on there, so the city should have the cops install cameras on Vine street!!
stay home

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2010
stay hnome then
Fed Up 2

Monterey, TN

#10 Sep 8, 2010
stay home wrote:
stay hnome then
The city takes money outta my check every week to pay for a sidewalk for a reason!! You obviously must be one of the ones standin out in the middle of the road like a dumbass. All I know when I roll through I speed up. God gave us sense to stay outta tha rain, and he also gave us sense to not walk in the middle of the road when there is a side walk 3 feet away!!
soooooooooo

Benton, KY

#11 Sep 8, 2010
Ponyboy wrote:
They need to have cameras on that street so they can see how the people stand out in the road like that, and all that goes on there, so the city should have the cops install cameras on Vine street!!
Your so right, I would like to let a FP officer drive down vine in a blonde wig, in my car and write tickets for people blocking the street. It would work!
I love my town

Jackson, TN

#12 Sep 11, 2010
Black, black, black, thats all i here open yall eyes honey yo kind is right there with us standing in da street yea i ko sum of us got bad attitudes but thats only cuz one of yall damn white ppl done sumthin ta us sum where down the road that makes us treat yall like dat so if u dont like it there r several ways around vine street use them
just in

Calhoun, KY

#13 Sep 12, 2010
I love my town wrote:
Black, black, black, thats all i here open yall eyes honey yo kind is right there with us standing in da street yea i ko sum of us got bad attitudes but thats only cuz one of yall damn white ppl done sumthin ta us sum where down the road that makes us treat yall like dat so if u dont like it there r several ways around vine street use them
I am a local business man and have traveled vine streets for years and i dont think i have ever had to slow down for one white person on vine or martin luther king drive,and the drugs that are sold out in the open at the corner of vine and martin luther king are out of control.And i guess the only reason it is that way is because of the white people ,most of the time that is the only dumb asses that stopping to buy .IT NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!! And yes im white
fred

Greenville, KY

#14 Sep 12, 2010
im white also. never do treat people wrong. ihave been treated bad at times but step up and see whats up with it .the way some of the black people act is the reason they are still called n word . sounds bad but its true.if someone does u wrong deal with that person not everyone else u see.why do black people only do that when there in a group ? they usualy act pretty cool when they are alone
omg

United States

#16 Sep 13, 2010
I try to just stay home.
r u serious

Louisville, KY

#17 Sep 13, 2010
it's not a color thing it's jusr direspectful ass kids who wanna be grown. get like me i drive the speed limit and if they dont move so b it....that's what the sidewalks were made for. i am a black woman and i thinks its sad how these kids have nothing better to do with their time other than walk the streets. As far as drugs being sold, a lot of you white people are complaining about blacks standing on corners selling well news flash it's ur kind putting the money in their pockets....for some of you that didnt know its your kids, husbands, wives, doctors, lawyers, and so on....so dont be fooled...i myself have seen several highly respected people purchasing but its not for me to put it out there....whats done in the dark will one day come to the light
page

Alcoa, TN

#18 Sep 14, 2010
this is too funny
fred

Greenville, KY

#19 Sep 14, 2010
r u serious wrote:
it's not a color thing it's jusr direspectful ass kids who wanna be grown. get like me i drive the speed limit and if they dont move so b it....that's what the sidewalks were made for. i am a black woman and i thinks its sad how these kids have nothing better to do with their time other than walk the streets. As far as drugs being sold, a lot of you white people are complaining about blacks standing on corners selling well news flash it's ur kind putting the money in their pockets....for some of you that didnt know its your kids, husbands, wives, doctors, lawyers, and so on....so dont be fooled...i myself have seen several highly respected people purchasing but its not for me to put it out there....whats done in the dark will one day come to the light
its a color thing on vine st.geez
exeastfultonresi dent

Troy, TN

#20 Sep 18, 2010
I love my town wrote:
This is exactly why I am so glad I dont live in Fulton anymore. Instead of having a bad attitude, go back to school and get an education. Judging from your spelling you could use it. Also, white people dont have to do anything and you still act that way because for some reason most blacks think white people in general owe them something. I will also say this, our tax dollars help put the sidewalks where they are. Our tax dollars help pave the roads you all are standing in. There is no reason why anyone should have to go out of their way because blacks cant seem to understand what a sidewalk is for. I guess maybe instead of people having to avoid a certain street maybe you should get a dictionary and find the definition for sidewalk. I bet you would move if people quit slowing down and you got "bumped" once.
excitizen

White House, TN

#21 Sep 18, 2010
People should realize that the reason someone stands in the street with a car coming, screams and curses at a car going by, and, in general, acts like an uneducated person is because of low self-esteem, poor upbringing, and a desire or need to be seen. The same goes for the silly uneducated speech they use.

These residents have been uneducated for generations and tend to not want to help themselves or their children. They think the "system" owes them and the "system" bows down to them and allows it to continue. Instead of the educated ones trying to help and forcing them to rise above the poverty , they continue to give more and more to them and do more harm than good by allowing it to continue. The system I am speaking of is within the city and county. They paint, fix, tear down, clean up, give, but never do the first thing to repair the damage that has caused it to become this way. Fulton and its populace can only be as strong and prosperous as its weakest citizen.

Sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fulton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pos mike guhy 10 hr Stan 1
Kristin rushing 11 hr Besti not besti 1
Burnette baby Tue hickman30 7
How did Phil Bynum die? (Jul '15) Mon ChildMolesterBurns 52
Hot Guy that works in Fulton was mart meat dept. (May '15) Aug 22 Chiccy 17
tina hitner Aug 18 just wondering 1
we are coming Aug 16 Oitsu 2

Fulton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance