The Smokehouse Restaurant

Posted in the Fulton Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
slappy

Owensboro, KY

#1 Sep 5, 2009
I haven't been there in quite some time. The last 2 times I went in there I was hit with cigarette smoke. One time someone was smoking in the entry way. That was awful. The other time I think I could smell the smoke from the smoking section. That place is way too small to have a smoking and nonsmoking section. They need to make the whole place nonsmoking. Also, I think I sat there a little while, was not waited on, so I left; good thing because of the smoke. I suggest they do away with the smoking/liquor area in the back and make it all nonsmoking......a family type place.
fultonian

Paducah, KY

#2 Sep 6, 2009
The Smokehouse isn't a family place. People smoke. Get over it. The tobacco they are smoking helps the local community, because of local tobacco growers. Move north and quit your bitching.
slappy

Owensboro, KY

#3 Sep 6, 2009
Fultonian wrote: "The tobacco they are smoking helps the local community, because of local tobacco growers."

Okay, so money is more important than good health?
fultonian

Paducah, KY

#4 Sep 6, 2009
Exactly. Now you are catching on.
Quit in Ky

Utica, KY

#5 Sep 6, 2009
The Smokehouse is not the only restaurant where smoking is allowed in Fulton. I'm an ex-smoker but I would never try to push people to stop smoking because I don't anymore. If I don't want to go into an establishment, I don't. It's my choice. Ex smokers should get off their soapbox and allow other adults to do as they please. Ex-smokers remind me alot of all the athesist in the world trying to "save" the world from Christians.
fultonian

Paducah, KY

#6 Sep 6, 2009
People tend to forget that smokers are people too. They are too quick to demonize someone for doing something that makes the other happy. I will admit it, I smoke, and I go to restaurants and smoke, but I ask to sit as far away from the non-smoking section as I can, so I don't cause incident with non-smokers. Besides, places like the smokehouse need the income from people who smoke, just as much as people who don't smoke. Look at Paducah. When they went smokeless, restaurants lost a lot of business. If you still want to eat Smokehouse, but don't want the smoke, get the food to go. Spend time with your family at home around the dinner table, it tastes the same, but now with more enjoyable company.
slappy

Owensboro, KY

#7 Sep 6, 2009
fultonian wrote: "People tend to forget that smokers are people too. They are too quick to demonize someone for doing something that makes the other happy. I will admit it, I smoke, and I go to restaurants and smoke, but I ask to sit as far away from the non-smoking section as I can, so I don't cause incident with non-smokers. Besides, places like the smokehouse need the income from people who smoke, just as much as people who don't smoke. Look at Paducah. When they went smokeless, restaurants lost a lot of business. If you still want to eat Smokehouse, but don't want the smoke, get the food to go. Spend time with your family at home around the dinner table, it tastes the same, but now with more enjoyable company. "

You have some very good points, and you sound like a considerate person. Thank you for your helpful comments.

I guess one of the places where I used to eat in Fulton that I miss to some degree is B. Marcum's. The whole place was nonsmoking.......a very family type atmosphere.
fultonian

Paducah, KY

#8 Sep 6, 2009
I loved B. Marcums. It was a great place and it was a shame that the Lighthouse Cafe fell through. We need more up-to-date, non-smoking facilities for families, newer restaurants and for goodness sake, cleaner restaurants.
Outshider

Dunmor, KY

#9 Sep 6, 2009
I got the food to go, and it was soured.
jaws

Paducah, KY

#10 Sep 6, 2009
then get your money back dude, fultonian has a point. its like, I would much rather get food to go than eat in...best part no tips!
Outshider

Dunmor, KY

#11 Sep 7, 2009
Dude has the money back. :-)
slappy

Owensboro, KY

#17 Sep 9, 2009
I went in there with a baby one time. Smoke about knocked us down. We left. Didn't want the baby breathing that junk; didn't want to breathe it either.
chevyguy

Martin, TN

#21 Sep 12, 2009
I have been there many times always have good food and service. For the owner he a great guy who ever said he was hard to work for must been lazy and does not want to work. U have to work for what u make no slackers.
Aries

Murray, KY

#22 Sep 13, 2009
chevyguy wrote:
I have been there many times always have good food and service. For the owner he a great guy who ever said he was hard to work for must been lazy and does not want to work. U have to work for what u make no slackers.
Nope not lazy at all I work very hard at my jobs I have two I full time an one partime an raise 2 teenagers alone with no child support i have a home bought an payed for an doing very well thank u very much chevyguy
Just Imagined

Hickman, KY

#23 Sep 18, 2009
Bubba's daughter is a real knock-out! She still working out there??

Brownsville, TN

#24 Sep 19, 2009
Just Imagined wrote:
No, she doesn't work there anymore.
join me

Benton, KY

#25 Sep 21, 2009
Just Imagined wrote:
Shes a real hottie!!!! and sweet
well

Union City, TN

#26 Sep 22, 2009
food was good, place looked really neat, but I hate the smoke.
susie

Crofton, KY

#27 Sep 22, 2009
slappy wrote:
fultonian wrote: "People tend to forget that smokers are people too. They are too quick to demonize someone for doing something that makes the other happy. I will admit it, I smoke, and I go to restaurants and smoke, but I ask to sit as far away from the non-smoking section as I can, so I don't cause incident with non-smokers. Besides, places like the smokehouse need the income from people who smoke, just as much as people who don't smoke. Look at Paducah. When they went smokeless, restaurants lost a lot of business. If you still want to eat Smokehouse, but don't want the smoke, get the food to go. Spend time with your family at home around the dinner table, it tastes the same, but now with more enjoyable company. "
You have some very good points, and you sound like a considerate person. Thank you for your helpful comments.
I guess one of the places where I used to eat in Fulton that I miss to some degree is B. Marcum's. The whole place was nonsmoking.......a very family type atmosphere.
there are lots of non smoking restaurants in this town , go there. smokers are welcome there, only place we have to go, if u don't want smoke, u can go most anywhere, so do so, we're smoking there!!
loreen from calvert city

Benton, KY

#28 Oct 1, 2009
the smokehouse seems to be a real sucess some people are so jealous that hard work and determination paid off loyalpatron of the smokehouse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fulton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pos mike guhy 16 hr Stan 1
Kristin rushing 17 hr Besti not besti 1
Burnette baby Tue hickman30 7
How did Phil Bynum die? (Jul '15) Mon ChildMolesterBurns 52
Hot Guy that works in Fulton was mart meat dept. (May '15) Aug 22 Chiccy 17
tina hitner Aug 18 just wondering 1
we are coming Aug 16 Oitsu 2

Fulton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance