First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Renter

Brownsville, TN

#1 Jun 21, 2012
I have been looking at different apartments to rent here in Fulton and have looked at a few from different Landlords. Can anyone be honest and tell me about the different ones and who are good Landlords and who are not. Also any that I should stay away from as they (Landlords) like to go into your apartment when your not home as I was told of a few that did that and well I look at it like this, your home ,be you rent or own should be your area of privacy and should only be entered into when you are notified. I had one in Mayfield that thought they could go into my place any time they wanted and go through my belongings and that is why I moved from the area. Your place of residence should be yours and should only be entered into if they are invited or give notification of them having to go into if there is a issue with something as electrical or water or things that needed to be fixed. All information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Renter

Brownsville, TN

#2 Jun 21, 2012
sorry for the double post. Don't know why it did that as I only hit post copmment once. Crazy!
Cool1

White Plains, KY

#3 Jun 21, 2012
i know mr Gary fulcher is a very nice landlord all his houses are nice, he fixes them up good idk his number but u can look him up in the phone book
Shirley

United States

#4 Jun 21, 2012
Cool1 wrote:
i know mr Gary fulcher is a very nice landlord all his houses are nice, he fixes them up good idk his number but u can look him up in the phone book
Does he only rent apts or also houses? I also know Joe Moss is a slum lord he doesn't go into you houses but he does just what he has to in order to rent them.
James

Nebo, KY

#5 Jun 21, 2012
Cecil Wolberton and Gary Fulcher are both good landlords and both are nice men and upstanding citizens.
Renter

Brownsville, TN

#6 Jun 22, 2012
Thanks for the information so far. I have looked at a few of Mr. Moss's places and you can tell they aren't the sturdiest and up to par as should be. I haven't seen any of Mr. Fulcher's yet. I have seen some from a lady , I can't remember her name but her attitude was what made me rethink any I seen of hers. Kathy I think was her name but maybe wrong. I looked at another and can't remember who owned it so that's why I'm asking for information about different Landlords so I can make sure I choose the right place and right one.
Hickman Girl

Dunmor, KY

#8 Jun 24, 2012
How about Jeff Nichols that has a trailer park on Taylor Brother's Road. How is he to rent from?
what ever

Henderson, TN

#9 Jun 25, 2012
you definatly do not want to rent from becky and buddy caldwell... they do not take care of their property, they lie and will take your money.... thats how they live so large!!!!they wont go into your place cause they might have to fix something.... all they want is your money and they are gaining a reputation of being greedy, lying, slumlords...
Renter

Brownsville, TN

#10 Jun 25, 2012
Oh I had already been told all about those two "whatever" so haven't even looked at any of theirs. And Hickman Girl do you have a number for the Jeff Nichols you are referring to. It doesn't matter if it is a trailer or an apartment house or a small house. I have a daughter who is 14 and I have a small Chihuahua that is a part of the family and if they won't rent to people with animals then they won't get my money. I do work , I work 50 plus hours a week, I have my own car and do not depend on anyone for anything but myself.I just do not want a Landlord that pilfers through my space when I am not home as what is behind my doors is mine , not theirs. I caught my Landlord in Mayfield inside my place when I was not there. Cameras are amazing. He was and is a pervert, And I have heard of a few that do that here in Fulton so I want to stay away from them. I have nothing to hide but would they like us going through their dressers or cabinets or closets?Anyways, still looking for more info so please let me know what any of who know about different places and landlords. thanks
landlord

White Plains, KY

#11 Jun 26, 2012
are you looking for a place in fulton ? and does 375 a month for 2 bedroom duplex interest you?
Renter

Brownsville, TN

#12 Jun 27, 2012
Well the price sounds good, and yes looking for a place in Fulton, but who are you, Landlord plays a big part where I rent as I have been warned and told about a lot and met a few that just don't fit the "landlord" title
landlord

White Plains, KY

#13 Jun 27, 2012
well we take care of property and treat people like people IF they act like they are
Renter

Brownsville, TN

#14 Jun 28, 2012
OK , BUT Do you pilfer through renters property when they are not home? Do you require a credit check and a back ground check? If you require both are you willing to do the same as if I have to give up all my info to rent from you and you say you take care of people then I need to know the people who are taking care of me is capable of doing as they say and they are not someone with a shaddy background or someone who is after the buck and pockets it as I have dealt with those type of landlords. I have been taking care of myself since I was 16 years old and alone with a child since I was 18 so I want to know me and my child is safe in a apartment or home as well as you want to make sure I am who I say I am. Yes I may require a lot as well as you may , but if I have to give up my background to rent then you should be willing to give up yours as I do not care to rent from a rapist or a convicted felon . So again. it sounds like a reasonable price but I have my requirements as well. I have a child to protect.
landlord

White Plains, KY

#15 Jun 28, 2012
just referances of some rental history we dont go into places unless repairs are needed or problem arise.
Cassity

Crofton, KY

#16 Jun 29, 2012
Renter wrote:
OK , BUT Do you pilfer through renters property when they are not home? Do you require a credit check and a back ground check? If you require both are you willing to do the same as if I have to give up all my info to rent from you and you say you take care of people then I need to know the people who are taking care of me is capable of doing as they say and they are not someone with a shaddy background or someone who is after the buck and pockets it as I have dealt with those type of landlords. I have been taking care of myself since I was 16 years old and alone with a child since I was 18 so I want to know me and my child is safe in a apartment or home as well as you want to make sure I am who I say I am. Yes I may require a lot as well as you may , but if I have to give up my background to rent then you should be willing to give up yours as I do not care to rent from a rapist or a convicted felon . So again. it sounds like a reasonable price but I have my requirements as well. I have a child to protect.
Very good idea to get a background/reference/credit check on future landlords. They expect it from you, they should be willing to do the same. Nice idea!!!
Do Something About It

Earlington, KY

#17 Jun 29, 2012
There are very strict laws regarding rental agreements. All of the real estate agents in this area are aware of them . If you think that your landlord is doing something that is unlawful you should contact the http://krec.ky.gov/Pages/contact.aspx or for Tn
http://www.tn.gov/commerce/boards/trec/index....
There are strict laws against keeping deposits. Many landlords here prey on the fact that they think you do not have the money to fight them for a deposit. So they keep it. Just because they can rent you a house does not make them honest. Don't take it. Turn them in.
Hold up

Jackson, TN

#18 Jun 29, 2012
what ever wrote:
you definatly do not want to rent from becky and buddy caldwell... they do not take care of their property, they lie and will take your money.... thats how they live so large!!!!they wont go into your place cause they might have to fix something.... all they want is your money and they are gaining a reputation of being greedy, lying, slumlords...
You DEFINITELY need to learn how to spell.
Renter

Jackson, TN

#19 Jun 29, 2012
what ever wrote:
Buddy and Becky Caldwell are not slumlords. My roommate and I have been renting from them for some time now and we haven't had a single problem. As long as you pay your rent and treat them and the property with respect, you shouldn't have any problems. I know Buddy and Becky pretty well and the reason they live so comfortably is because they have worked their butts off for it. Maybe if people would be willing to WORK for what they want instead of living off of the government, then they would have a little more respect for people like them.
what ever

Henderson, TN

#20 Jun 30, 2012
lying theives is what they are!!!!! their are probably more who have my opinion that yours.. hold up....BITE ME!!!!!
Renter

Milan, TN

#21 Jun 30, 2012
Dear What ever, You sound very intelligent. I apologize; I must have it all wrong. Judging by your amazing grammar and spelling, you seem like the type that paid rent on time and took very good care of the property. Buddy and Becky underestimated you, friend. Now let's be real for a moment. You're probably a toothless, inbred hick that couldn't pay their rent because the government check went straight to booze and pills. Which would make you the lying thief, wouldn't it? Now, out of curiosity, how in the world could Buddy and Becky pull a fast one on someone like you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fulton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fulton post office 23 hr ScottySimmons 5
hunters 1 stop (Jan '13) 23 hr TommyOsteen 32
Habachi Grill Sat supported 3
drug bust in fulton (May '12) Fri me 118
Fulton county sheriff candidates Jan 18 Joplin 3
Kayser Plant Jan 18 Jim 1
Black chic at 3 J's Jan 7 Tommy 3

Fulton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance