Police Beat 'Gentle' Homeless, Mental...

Police Beat 'Gentle' Homeless, Mentally Ill Man to Death [Video]

There are 24 comments on the Gawker story from Jul 26, 2011, titled Police Beat 'Gentle' Homeless, Mentally Ill Man to Death [Video]. In it, Gawker reports that:

This video, shot on July 5 by a student in Fullerton, California, ostensibly features the sounds of 37-year-old Kelly Thomas crying for his father while being Tased by police officers after he supposedly resisted arrest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gawker.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
old man

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2011
I saw the hospital picture of this person , and I am speechless and sickenned by how the brut force of this so called PEACE OFFICERS upon a homeless man who wasn't even ARMED , just goes to show you how ABOVE the LAW this people think they are , and of course it will be justifyable to BEAT someone to death because he was resisting , it will all be swept under the rug .....CSI should take this animals flashlights and batons and test them for HUMAN BLOOD.,,,I'm sure they will find more than one persons DNA on them ...sick just sick
Kentucky watcher

United States

#2 Jul 28, 2011
old man wrote:
I saw the hospital picture of this person , and I am speechless and sickenned by how the brut force of this so called PEACE OFFICERS upon a homeless man who wasn't even ARMED , just goes to show you how ABOVE the LAW this people think they are , and of course it will be justifyable to BEAT someone to death because he was resisting , it will all be swept under the rug .....CSI should take this animals flashlights and batons and test them for HUMAN BLOOD.,,,I'm sure they will find more than one persons DNA on them ...sick just sick
I agree with you 100%. Anyone adult crying out for their Dad is a sure clue they are disabled. I looked on the Fullerton, CA DA site to make a comment and their isn't anyplace. This is sick. Those responsible will have to answer to a much higher autority in the end. I wonder what their explanation will be? They do need to be removed from the police force for their inability to control their animal impulses that allow them to beat a human being to death.
MTZ

Highland, CA

#4 Jul 28, 2011
This behavior by cops is really not all that surprising. Some cops are good, but even the good cops put up that Code of Blue for bad cops, so that makes most cops bad cops. That silence is what's happening in Fullerton right now.

Many cops are former high school football goons that married the cheerleader. But soon after high school graduation, they realize that they were not all that good of a player, and could not even make the Junior College team. So they get a job as a cop, with a 12th grade education and a few months in cop school. Soon, they are on boring patrols, and that former cheerleader wife restless, wanting more than a dumb cop to talk to, and starts banging the engineer or artist that lives next door, and the cop goes mad and looks for some homeless guy to beat. Yep, that's how this probably started.

I can't wait until the cops names comes out, their ugly wife leaves them, and their daughter gets impregnated by an illegal alien.
Marshall Law

Westminster, CA

#5 Jul 28, 2011
It's pathetic how they can called themselves " Police Officers"! These vaginas beat up a scrawny man that weighs about 135 lbs to death. I can't believe we the tax payers are paying for their wages. America is out of control! A woman gets away with murder for killing her child and makes 7 figure$???? We need a revolution! Get ready citizens, you might have to sacrifice like Jesus in order to reclaim your country.
Anonymous

South El Monte, CA

#6 Jul 28, 2011
Yeah, some bimbo who is married to a Fullerton pig called John & Ken (AM640) this afternoon trying to defend them. What a freakin' idiot.

They should be behind bars and convicted of murder, no two ways about it.

Can't wait to read about the next one getting whacked.
Marshall Law

Westminster, CA

#8 Jul 29, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, some bimbo who is married to a Fullerton pig called John & Ken (AM640) this afternoon trying to defend them. What a freakin' idiot.
They should be behind bars and convicted of murder, no two ways about it.
Can't wait to read about the next one getting whacked.
Americans defending in the wrong has always been a trend. I suppose they are also " Christians". lol.

Defending someone you love because you know they are innocent and their integrity is known to have high standards is OK and understandable. But I noticed Americans likes to defend their people even though the ones they are defending are totally in the wrong.

I will defend my mother if or anyone of my family members if they are innocent but I will be the first to convict them if they are guilty!
Anonymous

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2011
Amazing that people are stupid enough to think we live in a free country. If any member of your family died in service to this country, they did so for nothing. I'm sorry to break the news to you.

Be careful out there. We live in a police state, regardless of what you've been told.
LMurray

Fullerton, CA

#10 Jul 29, 2011
Apparently even the nutcases recognize murder when they see or read about it. There are a couple above. That aside, whatever Mr. Thomas weighed, whether or not he was actually breaking into cars, whether or not his family helped him, whether or not he actually resisted, none of that matters now. As we've seen in the past from all over the country,(Fullerton isn't the only place with dirty cops), "he/she resisted," are always the first words out of a homicidal cops mouth. But does it require 6 big, burley, cops to take down a single man? I seriously doubt it. I was under the impression that the tazer was supposed to be used as non lethal means to temporarily disable a suspect, not as a means of torturing or punishing someone or possibly killing, was there a need to tazer this man 5 or 6 times? I seriously doubt it. Was it neccesary to beat him with clubs and flashlights on the head after he was unconcious, I doubt it. was it necessary to slam his face into the pavement repeatedly? I doubt it. You just have to look at the picture publushed that showed his face to see the level of police abuse. This is a clear case of murder, plain and simple. No matter what their excuse is, these 6 un-named murderers beat a man to death. If they were like you or me, just people, they'd be sitting in a cage, charged with murder. But instead, the police, the mayor, the city council, and district attorney, have formed the famous thin blue line to protect their "brothers." They'd rather see their "brothers" get away with, what even they would call murder if committed by anyone else, than be punished for their crime. These people should be named, unless they themselves think they did something wrong, why not? What are they afraid of? If I did something I felt was right, and was proud of, I'd announce it. Why hasn't the police video been released? Supposedly it shows what happened. If they acted as they were supposed to it would have been released, right? Actually there's a better chance it'll be accidentally erased. I understand that there might be one honest member of the board of supervisors who has acted the Justice Dept to get involved and that the FBI is also investigating it didn't say who invited them. So the good news is that maybe the blue line will be broken and the murderers will be exposed. I think they should go one step further and charge any member of the police the city government, and the da's office, who've covered this up so far as accomplices after the fact. I also think Orange Co also needs a civilian board to oversee the police dept.'s and the Highway Patrol acting within it's boarders, possibly even statewide. One with real teeth.

Lee Murray
Fullerton, CA
LMurray

Fullerton, CA

#11 Jul 29, 2011
Sorry for the misspelling in my previous message, I need to read before publishing next time.
old man

United States

#12 Jul 29, 2011
This does not just stop at police officers , it goes straight up to the police chief being that this cops and him are really close ,also the video from the security camera the person who was watching this unfold zoomed in on the action and literaly saw how one of the officers ( mind you the guy was allready out cold) after tasing him a few times ,take the butt of the taser and hit him over the head a few times till there was blood on both sides of his hands , also another afficer with all his brut force kneen him twice on his nose and throath thus crushing he's throat ,but this video is being held back from public view ,....the city has allready tried to settle with the family for 900thousand .....that just goes to show you how smelly this whole ordeal is ...
Corrupt

Wildomar, CA

#13 Jul 29, 2011
The U.S. has gotten around Posse Comitatus by militarizing their police forces. If you want the truth about dirty cops go to www.injusticeeverywhere.com ..... we have a militarized standing army ready to go against the citizens in our "SWAT" and reactionary police forces. google Jose Guerena Tucson .... this kid was murdered by a SWAT team that was exonerated.... he was NOT a criminal and was a decorated Marine... they had NO evidence against him at all....
Bernard Evans

Morehead, KY

#14 Jul 29, 2011
I was a cop in Maysville, KY and got caught stealing some city owned gasoline and got fired. Other than being convicted of domestic assault and not being allowed to carry my gun except when I was on duty, my record was almost perfect.

Is FPD hiring now? I am willing to relocate.
old man

United States

#16 Jul 29, 2011
Bernard Evans wrote:
I was a cop in Maysville, KY and got caught stealing some city owned gasoline and got fired. Other than being convicted of domestic assault and not being allowed to carry my gun except when I was on duty, my record was almost perfect.
with that record and the way things are now ,soon enough there will be 5 positions available ..
WhoreOfBabylon

Westminster, CA

#17 Jul 29, 2011
Bernard Evans wrote:
Stealing gasoline owned by the City? Being a cop from your city, were you treated with free donuts, ect. whenever you're patrolling? So you filled up your personal vehicle while off duty with gasoline that is owned by the city and got fired for doing so? Did you not read the rules and regulation from the time you were employed?

One of the reason why I couldn't be a cop is because I know deep inside I will not be good cop. For starter, I can see myself beating up someone like; a d1ck gang-banger with a bad attitude, a racist white moron. I just can't see myself as a public counselor for those people with major problems, because that is what you are and that is what you have to deal with out on the streets as a Police Officer.
old man

United States

#18 Jul 30, 2011
Finally a lil action , after much preasure the chief removed this animals from working the streets ...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#19 Jul 30, 2011
I grew up in Fullerton. In the Truslow area police would beat up Hispanic people back in the 1970's. In those days, there were no protests, as Hispanics unfortunately did not matter much to many of the wealthy people of Fullerton.

A similar pattern of conduct existed in Anaheim, where cops routinely harassed and beat people in the so-called Penguin Barrio, which was very close to the public library on Harbor Boulevard.

It would seem that police in Fullerton have now diversified their brutalizing to other groups of people.

These rogue cops need to be fired and prosecuted. This sort of brute gang conduct is fit for a band of chimpanzees, not humans.
Public Law

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jul 30, 2011
Yhis is the reason I hate cops. I HOPE THEY HANG BY THEIR BALLS!
Bob Lewis

Long Beach, CA

#22 Jul 30, 2011
Be very afraid. The six ultra vicious murderering bullies are still prowling the streets heavily armed and IN UNIFORM looking for their next easy mark.
old man

United States

#23 Jul 30, 2011
Bob Lewis wrote:
Be very afraid. The six ultra vicious murderering bullies are still prowling the streets heavily armed and IN UNIFORM looking for their next easy mark.
this guys IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE will be locked up along side the guys that beat up stow
Corrupt

Wildomar, CA

#25 Jul 31, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Amazing that people are stupid enough to think we live in a free country. If any member of your family died in service to this country, they did so for nothing. I'm sorry to break the news to you.
Be careful out there. We live in a police state, regardless of what you've been told.
Sorry but Marines are not taught to kill American civilians for disrespecting them... your theory is flawed, gangs of Marines do not go around breaking civil rights laws of American citizens.... Cops do but not Marines.... You are an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fullerton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Ana cops finally arrest 12 gang members (Feb '08) 22 min Anonymous 785
Police activity (Jan '12) 29 min YL Resident 13
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr LMSA 5,547
News Pajaro Valley teacher accused of sexual relatio... (Jun '10) 7 hr Anonymous 101 60
News Armed Woman In Custody Following Barricade In L... 10 hr Sol 1
the coupon list on Soccer777 15 hr Soccer777 2
Man Marries Man, Wakes Up With Sorehole 16 hr Will Crud Blow 3
More from around the web

Fullerton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Fullerton Mortgages