Montebello to install Barajas as mayor Thursday

There are 45 comments on the Whittier Daily News story from Dec 1, 2010, titled Montebello to install Barajas as mayor Thursday. In it, Whittier Daily News reports that:

A special meeting will be held Thursday to install Councilman Art Barajas as mayor, a seat previously held by Bill Molinari.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Whittier Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Whittier Tribe

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Dec 1, 2010
Oh thanks just great..that means PD patrol cop Navarro going to be there holding the councilman's hand.
City Employee

Gardena, CA

#2 Dec 1, 2010
Nah..man...where have you been....Navarro from what I understand is in the oust with Barajas..because Barajas got the PD to pay for their retirement and Navarro was against it!! So now...Navarro has been bad mouthing Art & the rest of the council!! Atta boy ART...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK And CONGRATULATIONS!!
Trash talk

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Dec 2, 2010
Congrats to Mayor Barajas and Mayor Pro Temp Gomez
Molinari, being the gentlemen that he is will move to the end of the Dias and let the lady have an inside seat, besides he can watch all the council from there,(thought I's throw that in for all you conspirator theorists out there)

We are in favor oaf having separate Chairs for Council and CRA board.
Appoint Frank as CRA Chair
removes the appearance of a conflict of interest.
Mike

Redwood City, CA

#4 Dec 2, 2010
is this the same art barajas who works at south hills country club?
Montebello Cruiser

La Habra, CA

#5 Dec 2, 2010
Congratulations to the new Mayor...Best wishes!
ex montebello firefighter

Montebello, CA

#6 Dec 2, 2010
City Employee wrote:
Nah..man...where have you been....Navarro from what I understand is in the oust with Barajas..because Barajas got the PD to pay for their retirement and Navarro was against it!! So now...Navarro has been bad mouthing Art & the rest of the council!! Atta boy ART...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK And CONGRATULATIONS!!
You are so bitter! Too bad that you couldn't become a Civil Servant in the Public Safety side... If you get upset because Officer Navarro tells you what you don't want to hear...Grow up!
Smiles

Torrance, CA

#7 Dec 2, 2010
Mike wrote:
is this the same art barajas who works at south hills country club?
No...This Art Barajas has his own Business here in Montebello. Congratulations Art....PLEASE MAKE THE COUNCIL MEETINGS SHORTER!!
Trash Talk

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Dec 2, 2010
Bill will be down at the end of the bench where he can observe and direct the other councilmembers as he has always done.
right ex?
Theolona Ranger

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Dec 2, 2010
Perhaps Navarro and those with similar views would have rather been RIFed?
Smiles

United States

#10 Dec 3, 2010
GREAT JOB MAYOR BARAJAS!!! You're gonna be a hell of a MAYOR!!! Man...I'm MOVING BACK TO MONTEBELLO!!! YES....I'm proud to be born and raised in MONTEBELLO...after hearing your speech!!! GREAT JOB Mr. Mayor!!! Can't Wait for you to take care of BIZ!!! Forget all the haters....THIS IS OUR TOWN!!...Nothin' but class and style!!!
ex montebello firefighter

Moreno Valley, CA

#11 Dec 3, 2010
Theolona Ranger wrote:
Perhaps Navarro and those with similar views would have rather been RIFed?
If you meant fired? If they have done something, which I doubt it, bring proof and let the disciplinary action lay where it may...
Trash talk

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Dec 3, 2010
I think she meant what she said
Reduction in force requires no disciplinary action
Too bad the unions make it so hard to do based on the peoples needs instead of seniority or "time in grade"
It's another term for "lay offs"
so "lay off"
We prefer pay cuts to lay offs to balance the budget.
But also- some "Peter principled" should be fired or "retired" or placed in jobs more suited for their capabilities.
ex montebello firefighter

Moreno Valley, CA

#13 Dec 3, 2010
Trash talk wrote:
I think she meant what she said
Reduction in force requires no disciplinary action
Too bad the unions make it so hard to do based on the peoples needs instead of seniority or "time in grade"
It's another term for "lay offs"
so "lay off"
We prefer pay cuts to lay offs to balance the budget.
But also- some "Peter principled" should be fired or "retired" or placed in jobs more suited for their capabilities.
Hey Mike, in case you have forgotten, with your disability and all... City employees are governed by Civil Service rules, not contracts negotiated by the labor unions. That's why I tell you DISCIPLES all the time... if you have some solid, founded charges against any of them; whether is FD or PD, bring them forward! Otherwise, refrain from making comments which are senseless.
Theolona Ranger

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Dec 4, 2010
I did not mean fired in the above case and similar.
A couple of battalion chiefs- sure
recall they have been offered a "honorable" retirement
easy way or the hard way
Those that fail to supervise
do not need to be supervisors
ex montebello firefighter

Moreno Valley, CA

#15 Dec 21, 2010
Theolona Ranger wrote:
I did not mean fired in the above case and similar.
A couple of battalion chiefs- sure
recall they have been offered a "honorable" retirement
easy way or the hard way
Those that fail to supervise
do not need to be supervisors
If you have something concrete, make your case!
Trash talk

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Dec 23, 2010
I think theolona has made her case
One "Chief for one year" was let go for failure to supervise overtime and allowing overtime abuse.
A couple of the current battalion chiefs have been around ever since...
Overtime abuse occurred on their watches...
time for them to go
ex montebello firefighter

Moreno Valley, CA

#17 Dec 25, 2010
Trash talk wrote:
I think theolona has made her case
One "Chief for one year" was let go for failure to supervise overtime and allowing overtime abuse.
A couple of the current battalion chiefs have been around ever since...
Overtime abuse occurred on their watches...
time for them to go
Make it happen since you have so much power! Once you become a Fire Chief, you are a political figure who can be removed at any time... Therefore, you had a Chief for one year.
Trash talk

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Dec 27, 2010
WE had an ineffective Chief for a year and are still trying to clean up the mess he and his predecessor left.
ex montebello firefighter

Monrovia, CA

#19 Dec 29, 2010
Trash talk wrote:
WE had an ineffective Chief for a year and are still trying to clean up the mess he and his predecessor left.
Who is the we crap? Do you work for the Fire Department? Your MASTER hand-picked him, go ask him...
Trash talk

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Dec 30, 2010
Speaking of WE
who is your WE?
Is it just you and your "voices"
I thought so

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fullerton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) 1 hr The Joke Is On u 17
Police Activity on Saranac Drive 1 hr PeanutButtercup 2
14923 Florita, La Mirada (Nov '12) 12 hr Be Appy 4
Cow Punches Woman In Los Angeles In Scene Caugh... 12 hr Robert Frost 4
new info about michael jackson!!!! (Jul '09) 15 hr BudH 14
May Is Mental Health Month 18 hr Nuts n Happy 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,765
More from around the web

Fullerton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]